Options

Brian Belo..."this is the end of my association with Big Brother"

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MySkassMySkass Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for him, the guy is not a fool and also not as vicious. Anyone is capable of losing their shit and I think the house brought out the worst in him.

BB baited them and wanted this to be about ratings at the expense of the current and former HGs. Brian does not need BB and he needs to move on. The BB of today is definitely not the BB of his season.

How many times did that guy cry in the house? Also, how many times do the others - guys especially - cry in there? Clearly, we are not seeing everything, but I think the house causes more stress than needed.

Remember Ultimate BB which was to be a celebration of the past HMs? Even the people you did not like changed your impression of them and it was a great send-off. This time you have the past HGs being sent to slaughter the old ones and it's become Lord of the Flies.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,076
    Forum Member
    Not really. I didn't like either Brian or Helen but her assessment of Brian was spot on aside from the stupid remarks about him being like a rapist/murderer.

But if you were watching BB, then you'd have seen previous BB housemates call Brian the legend, speak up about him on BOTS as well as the fans did. Where are Helen's fans? Apart from this thread they seem almost non existent which makes me think even more that her so called win was one massive con/fix!
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    ???????

You are talking about him as if he could have won this BB too when he was just there as a guest of BB to try and spice it all up for those that keep on moaning if there isn't arguments going on. Brian was popular with everyone but Helen and her in lust follower Marc. Brian was and still is popular with most fans and if it was a choice between Brian and Helen, I think most people would say they liked and preferred Brian over gobby Helen anyday.

I have no care about either of them really. From watching them in their own series they both seemed like people who like their own way, and display it loudly.

Brian went is as a guest this series and thought he was there to save the day against Helen and was always in the right, he handled himself badly and failed in his task.

Helen well Helen is just Helen, I don't like her, but would never waste my valuable breath trying to shout louder than her, she shows herself for what she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flower 2 wrote: »
    I have no care about either of them really. From watching them in their own series they both seemed like people who like their own way, and display it loudly.

Brian went is as a guest this series and thought he was there to save the day against Helen and was always in the right, he handled himself badly and failed in his task.

Helen well Helen is just Helen, I don't like her, but would never waste my valuable breath trying to shout louder than her, she shows herself for what she is.

I don't think Brian thought he was there to save the day, he probably had enough of Helen bitching about the other house mates being backed up by Marc who was so putty in her hands. That is another thing that helps Helen a lot, because of her looks, she always gets/has some bloke backing her up who happen to be quite big and or forceful blokes. Happened last year and now this year too.

The reason people took to Brian so much in BB 8 was the way BB wound him up over Thaila Zuchi who came in as a fake housemate pretending to be from BB Australia. He was convinced she really was from Australia but most of the others were smelling a rat about her and when BB told Brian the truth in the diary room, his reactions to the news were hilarious as was the way he had to do a secret task about it.

There were other very funny things that he done too but the above is just 1 example of why people took to him.
  • Options
    AstuteAstute Posts: 4,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    But if you were watching BB, then you'd have seen previous BB housemates call Brian the legend, speak up about him on BOTS as well as the fans did. Where are Helen's fans? Apart from this thread they seem almost non existent which makes me think even more that her so called win was one massive con/fix!

This is nothing personal . Everybody is entitled to like who they like and not like who they don't .( as you quite correctly stated a few posts back )

Many of us liked Brian or were tolerant of the image he projected the first time around but feel that he has changed . People do . And some people don't like the change they saw . ...or if they didn't see any change ... they start thinking : well by now perhaps he should have matured . If they still don't like him.... and you still like him .....
    Thats also ok !

Everyone is here to express their own opinion on what they saw
    and some of us don't necessarily feel compelled to persuade others as you might feel compelled to defend him .

We may still see your point but it may not be enough to override the gut feeling you get that you can't necessarily express in forum such as this.

I am sure Brian is making the best decision for his life forward ( he won't be the first to go back to try re-kindle "glory days" and be disappointed and he won't be the last ), but he will get over it and go onto better things.

He probably made the statement to put an end to speculation and in my opinion , from what I saw - it is probably the best thing for him.
    After this series anyway I don't know how BB can pull back from such a chaotic format - but will wait to see what they do .
  • Options
    red pixiered pixie Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I really really hate the way he comments on women's "oogadee boogadees"..... usually to their face

such a creep!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Astute wrote: »
    This is nothing personal . Everybody is entitled to like who they like and not like who they don't .( as you quite correctly stated a few posts back )

Many of us liked Brian or were tolerant of the image he projected the first time around but feel that he has changed . People do
    . And some people don't like the change they saw . ...or if they didn't see any change ... they start thinking : well by now perhaps he should have matured . If they still don't like him.... and you still like him .....
    Thats also ok !

Everyone is here to express their own opinion on what they saw
    and some of us don't necessarily feel compelled to persuade others as you might feel compelled to defend him .

We may still see your point but it may not be enough to override the gut feeling you get that you can't necessarily express in forum such as this.

I am sure Brian is making the best decision for his life forward ( he won't be the first to go back to try re-kindle "glory days" and be disappointed and he won't be the last ), but he will get over it and go onto better things.

He probably made the statement to put an end to speculation and in my opinion , from what I saw - it is probably the best thing for him.
    After this series anyway I don't know how BB can pull back from such a chaotic format - but will wait to see what they do .

I don't think Brian has changed. He had a major argument with Charley in his original BB year and she was often the villain in that year. Helen and Marc forming a duo partnership to have a go at the other housemates saw Brian stick up for them and speak against what they were doing.

I could be wrong but I think Brian wasn't used by BB/Chanel 5 until now. The last time we used to see him on regularly was when BB was still on Channel 4 and when Davina i think was presenting Big Mouth too sometimes as she often introduced Brian at the end who came in and did his extravagant dancing.