Options

Fonejacker - anyone think this is funny?

JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watched an episode that my son taped. Singularly unfunny especially the clip about Afghanistan, or are they all in on the joke? :mad:

Comments

• Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    I preferred it before they went live action,.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Phonejacker is funny. They ruined it by making it Facejacker.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the problem is you aren't a schoolboy?
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's one of the funniest programs ever to appear on British TV.

And i'm not a schoolboy, and when it first aired i wasn't a schoolboy.

Only infantiles say such a thing as a deregatory term. Please, shut down your computer and bask in the sunshine. Thank you.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to rely on people finding the same thing funny over and over again. Some people do like that. Everytime I've watched it it's felt like Groundhog Day with added deju vu.
  • Options
    adzieeadziee Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's funny!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tawk to me!
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's hilarious, and I'm no school boy! :o I've always had a really childish sense of humour, so this and Bo Selecta! is right up my street! :D
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Terry Tibbs, and the man selling internet service 'providings.'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tewwy Tibbs and Brian Badonde are brilliant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Nigerian trying to get bank account details is also funny. That man's big jaw moving up and down, while the rest of his face stays still, is so funny!
  • Options
    JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, perhaps I haven't given it a chance. Regarding the woman in the gift shop who was holding the phone up to her ear all the time the gun shots were going off at the other end, supposedly in Afghanistan...my son said it was funny because why was she still sitting there with the phone to her ear as if this was a completely normal conversation with someone?

I guess I don't find it funny when people are cross and irritated by the silly phone calls.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Fonejacker was better that Facejacker.
    I really liked the calls where the caller was trying to get cinema tickets or a pizza etc. and the "automated" reply kept getting his order wrong ! :D
  • Options
    KXTKXT Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    JanieB wrote: »
    Just watched an episode that my son taped. Singularly unfunny especially the clip about Afghanistan, or are they all in on the joke? :mad:

Why are you getting your knickers in a twist?
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    It's hilarious, unless you've had some kind of sense-of-humour transplant.
  • Options
    LordmilkymilkyLordmilkymilky Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    oh yes, this is always so funny. Human confusion is wonderful. Always makes me laugh out loud and no one is particularly humiliated. Of course its nothing new, prank phone calls have been going on since the dam thing was invented. I used to do it as a boy in the 70's!! Noel Edmonds did it well on his radio show. Oh yes, you can't beat the old wind ups!!
  • Options
    AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it when it was first on three years ago. I even got my second series Doovde signed by the man himself!

One of the best British comedies I've seen.
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn. Yes, it was amusing when Peter Sellers did "funny voices" half a century ago. But once you've seen The Pink Panther ("a berm?", "a minkey") the novelty wears thin very quickly.

Nowadays it's merely derivative.
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JanieB wrote: »

I like it, and find it funny, however I didn't like facejacker, where it was the bloke dressing up meeting people, instead of animation, I thought that was about as funny as a dose of piles.
  • Options
    OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fonejacker is occasionally being repeated on 4Music channel currently - tonight (25 March) for example there are 2 episodes at 10 and 10:30 pm.

I find Terry Tibbs most amusing. Talk to me, sell me!!
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    AdamDowds wrote: »
    I loved it when it was first on three years ago. I even got my second series Doovde signed by the man himself!

One of the best British comedies I've seen.

And how many British comedies have you actually seen?:D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recall one of the sketches had Fonejacker as a middle-aged foreign man ringing up a record shop and pretending to be after a record, and saying he did not know the title and so would hum and sing it for them. He then goes on to, without lyrics, going, 'Hmmm-mmmm! Da da da...!' etc. The record shop staff were being filmed through the shop window as this happened, and the bloke listening waved his friend over, and they were both silently cracking up! That was pretty funny!
  • Options
    Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    Oscar Wilde only said that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit because he'd never heard of prank phone calls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon, if we took a straw poll, Terry Tibbs would come out as the best-rated character on the show. Anyone else agree?