My 13 year old's hair cut without my permission

12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JanieB wrote: »
    OK so its not like he has been offered drugs or anything but my 13 year old son came back from a friends house the other evening with his hair cut. I know the child but not the mother. She is a hairdresser so it has been done professionally and my son paid her out of his pocket money :) but she never rang me to ask me if I was OK with this and if it was OK for her to do this. After all he is only 13 and quite young for his age. I feel rather bothered about this but wonder what others think? Should she have asked my permission before she did this or am I being over sensitive?

Personally I think your son showed a lot of maturity deciding to use his pocket money to have his hair cut - he's growing up - I know that it can be hard when they do that but actually this is what is supposed to happen.
    Your son is brilliant to make this decision - tell him "well done" Voicy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Personally I think your son showed a lot of maturity deciding to use his pocket money to have his hair cut - he's growing up - I know that it can be hard when they do that but actually this is what is supposed to happen.
    Your son is brilliant to make this decision - tell him "well done" Voicy

Brilliant because he decided to have a hair cut? Sorry if this sounds rude, but that's a very strange way of looking at it. It's just a hair cut:confused:
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! 8 pages about a haircut! That's quite something!

That's probably nothing to what a 13 year old boy would get if their classmates ever found out that they needed their mother's "permission" to get a haircut. :o

Talk about embarrassing. :blush:
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my kids is 13 and if he did that I'd be pleased he showed initiative and hope he got mates' rates, too. Nothing to worry about.
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    You need to be able to construct a post that isn't a petulant retort or autism-like adherence to the apparent "facts" of what is merely an anecdote.

That's if you're able to do so.

Wow!

Getting nasty now, eh?

You seem to not understand 'context'.

And where does the autism reference come from other than ignorance?
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    That's probably nothing to what a 13 year old boy would get if their classmates ever found out that they needed their mother's "permission" to get a haircut. :o

Talk about embarrassing. :blush:

I can't understand why people are getting so angry about a hair cut?! People are even mentioning autism now? You really couldn't make this up!:o:D
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please don't expect any lateral thinking from that poster, he just wants the "facts"

And you want to wander off into your own 'imgination' and narrow little view and still you don't have a clue what 'context' is.

Tut tut.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Wow!

Getting nasty now, eh?

You seem to not understand 'context'.

And where does the autism reference come from other than ignorance?

I do understand context, but nothing you have posted can be taken out of context. If you instinctively refer to the woman in question as "the hairdresser", which she is of course, then others are going to draw equally valid comparisons with other hairdressers who won't ask whether the thirteen year old person getting a haircut has permission to do so. There's no confusion here, or any wild imaginings that you seem to think there are.
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I am controlling at all and I agree that so long as it is not purple spikes etc as you say I should not be bothered. Sorry to have posted. Now I am going to bed believing I am a stupid control freak. Thanks for that.:cry:

Hi JanieB

I'm so sorry someone posted a comment that upset you. It always astounds me on here that some people can be nasty on the most sensitive of subjects. I've read some quite unbelievable things. And I've had my own feelings hurt more than once. I don't agree that posters should be as blunt and outspoken as possible, not if it is going to upset someone. I know this is easier said than done, but try not to let these unpleasant types bother you. They're not worth it.

And you're not a control freak, you're a very caring mum who obviously wants to do the best thing for her son.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK so its not like he has been offered drugs or anything but my 13 year old son came back from a friends house the other evening with his hair cut. I know the child but not the mother. She is a hairdresser so it has been done professionally and my son paid her out of his pocket money :) but she never rang me to ask me if I was OK with this and if it was OK for her to do this. After all he is only 13 and quite young for his age. I feel rather bothered about this but wonder what others think? Should she have asked my permission before she did this or am I being over sensitive?

If a) it was a normal hair cut/trim and b) she didn't over charge then I wouldn't worry.

If c) it looks a mess/is extreme and d) she charged him more than a barbers would have you do have reason to be slightly miffed.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand why people are getting so angry about a hair cut?! People are even mentioning autism now? You really couldn't make this up!:o:D

Is there actually a link between my post and your reply?

Having been a lad of 13, I can imagine the ribbing I would have got from my classmates if that had happened to me and they had found out.
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Is there actually a link between my post and your reply?

Having been a lad of 13, I can imagine the ribbing I would have got from my classmates if that had happened to me and they had found out.
    Great
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to be able to construct a post that isn't a petulant retort or autism-like adherence to the apparent "facts" of what is merely an anecdote.

That's if you're able to do so.

Wow, talk about out misuse of words ..............
This discussion has been closed.