Options

Election Night 2015 results

MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought it would be a good idea to use one thread to talk about the results tonight. Below is a link to the Election Night 2015 Seat Declaration Times.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/06/election-2015-declaration-times_n_7220642.html?1430910544

Sunderland leading the way as usual. The first expected results and times are:

Houghton & Sunderland South 23:00
Washington & Sunderland West 23:30
Sunderland Central 00:01
Durham North West 00:30
Antrim North 01:00
Dagenham & Rainham 01:00
Durham North 01:00
Foyle 01:00
Nuneaton 01:00

Comments

• Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks MartinP. I was about to ask when the first results were due in.

Hope to stay up as long as possible.:)
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    The bloodbath won't start until 3am ish.
  • Options
    epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you who are interested in watching the possible blood bath for Labour in Scotland, I have just noticed that BBC Parliament will be showing BBC Scotland's Election Night programme through the night. Given the potentially exciting situation in Scotland this is very good as not everyone has access to BBC Two Scotland.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From where I am, Weston-super-Mare won't declare until around 4am and Wells which is next door will be declared by around 7am, so it's a long wait for me. :(

Interesting to see that Eastleigh will be the first Libdem seat to declare and that one will be a key seat to watch, Thornbury & Yate was the first Libdem seat to declare last time.
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be a case of switching the radio on just before 7am when I'm off for work to discover what happened for me. If I am still up late tonight I'll be catching up on a few episodes of The Blacklist instead.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm planning to have the BBC coverage on mute and listen to Radio 4. Hopefully they will spend more time accessing marginal seat swing levels and less time asking Joey Essex what he had for breakfast on polling day.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    I'm planning to have the BBC coverage on mute and listen to Radio 4. Hopefully they will spend more time accessing marginal seat swing levels and less time asking Joey Essex what he had for breakfast on polling day.

:o

Emily Maitlis on Beeb 1 won't be doing that!
  • Options
    Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    From where I am, Weston-super-Mare won't declare until around 4am and Wells which is next door will be declared by around 7am, so it's a long wait for me. :(

Interesting to see that Eastleigh will be the first Libdem seat to declare and that one will be a key seat to watch, Thornbury & Yate was the first Libdem seat to declare last time.

I reckon Eastleigh will stay Lib Dem. Lib Dem's will be vunerable where they are in a two horse race either Labour - Lib Dem or SNP - Lib Dem.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
    Forum Member
    epsom wrote: »
    For those of you who are interested in watching the possible blood bath for Labour in Scotland, I have just noticed that BBC Parliament will be showing BBC Scotland's Election Night programme through the night. Given the potentially exciting situation in Scotland this is very good as not everyone has access to BBC Two Scotland.

Oh thanks for posting this. Shall be watching events in the motherland with great interest, should be lively at the Glasgow declarations and when Murphy gets beaten,
  • Options
    Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Oh thanks for posting this. Shall be watching events in the motherland with great interest, should be lively at the Glasgow declarations and when Murphy gets beaten,

Which is Murphy's seat?
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I've got my Coca Cola, my marshmallows, my chocolate bars and a copy of Alex Salmon's autobiography to get me through the night.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
    Forum Member
    Ash_M1 wrote: »
    Which is Murphy's seat?

Renfrewshire East. The SNP came 4th in 2010 and if they win it will mean that the leader of SLAB will neither be a MP or a MSP.
  • Options
    Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't that more of ITVs thing not the Beeb
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few more notable seats worth watching for:

03:00 - East Renfrewshire (Jim Murphy)
    04:30 - Sheffield Hallam (Nick Clegg)
    05:00 - Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey (Danny Alexander)
    05:00 - Brighton, Pavilion (Caroline Lucas)
    06:00 - Thanet South (Nigel Farage)
    07:00 - Ross, Skye and Lochaber (Charles Kennedy)
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Is anyone planning to do an all nighter and go to work the next day? I'mnot sure whether I'll be able to hack it even though I'm on half day tomorrow.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had an hour's nap this afternoon but even so I'll probably only last until 2.00 AM

Given how slow the early hours are it's probably best to go to bed fairly early and get up early
  • Options
    Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Is anyone planning to do an all nighter and go to work the next day? I'mnot sure whether I'll be able to hack it even though I'm on half day tomorrow.

Yup but I don't start work till 4pm
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few more notable seats worth watching for:

03:00 - East Renfrewshire (Jim Murphy)
    04:30 - Sheffield Hallam (Nick Clegg)
    05:00 - Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey (Danny Alexander)
    05:00 - Brighton, Pavilion (Caroline Lucas)
    06:00 - Thanet South (Nigel Farage)
    07:00 - Ross, Skye and Lochaber (Charles Kennedy)

Oh balls, I won't be awake to see Nigel's look of utter defeat :(:blush:
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking stay up till 2 go to bed for two hours and then set the alarm for four? I would never usually dream of doing an all nighter but my interest has been heightened with the rise of UKIP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel very nervous, and very tired - I really, really don't know how I'll make it through the night! One of the reasons why I'm fearful of the Conservatives winning the most seats is their 12bn welfare cuts - I I don't trust the party to make cuts for the right reasons at all; particularly Osborne who comes off as an idealogue. I hope, for the first time in my life (I've been a Miliband sceptic for most of the last five years, until this year, really) Labour do well. I have faith in neither parties' competence, but do have faith that Labour do generally care about the most vulnerable in this country.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Full list of declaration times here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/what-time-are-the-general-election-results-10230963.html - there was also a Telegraph one but it was in an iframe and not so accessible. Tried to find a spreadsheet with them all in, but no joy...?

PrincessPerfect You could probably get some shut-eye after the exit poll, there are only a handful of seats declaring before 1am anyway. I hear you on the £12bn welfare cuts thing. That's what finally struck the Tories off of my maybe-list.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to this. I have tomorrow off, but have to go out late morning on a reasonably long journey, so I can't drink anything really. Looking at the list will we be able to tell whether the SNP have been as victorious as the polls are making them out to be by 3-3:30 AM?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    PinSarla wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this. I have tomorrow off, but have to go out late morning on a reasonably long journey, so I can't drink anything really. Looking at the list will we be able to tell whether the SNP have been as victorious as the polls are making them out to be by 3-3:30 AM?

The scale of their win in Na-h-Eileanan an Iar may give us some idea - that's a 1:30am declaration. A lot of Glasgow seats come in at around 3am, and that'll start to give us a clearer picture.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mithy73 wrote: »
    The scale of their win in Na-h-Eileanan an Iar should give us some idea - that's a 1:30am declaration. A lot of Glasgow seats come in at around 3am.

Time to go fetch some Red Bull :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mithy73 wrote: »
    Full list of declaration times here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/what-time-are-the-general-election-results-10230963.html - there was also a Telegraph one but it was in an iframe and not so accessible. Tried to find a spreadsheet with them all in, but no joy...?

PrincessPerfect You could probably get some shut-eye after the exit poll, there are only a handful of seats declaring before 1am anyway. I hear you on the £12bn welfare cuts thing. That's what finally struck the Tories off of my maybe-list.
    Thanks for the info, mithy! I'll try and get some sleep after 10pm, but tbh I doubt I'll be able to, given how nervous I am! I'm very interested to see what Amber Valley brings tonight in particular.

The one good thing about the welfare cuts situation is that it looks unlikely the Tories will actually get a majority, so it'll be quite difficult to pass those cuts through the HoCs, I'd imagine.