Jamie Lomas to leave Eastenders

13»

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, awful pointless character. Newman did nothing to develope him or make him interesting, even his secret was a 'tumbleweed' moment.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Not a surprise, Jake has been lost since Sadie and Bella lost unfortunately. I can him been Ronnie-bait.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Shame, as Jamie is a good actor, he was brilliant on HO, I won't miss him though.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    JayLee1 wrote: »
    About time too - nothing but a spare part and, personally, I find Jamie Lomas' acting woefully wooden.

He's a TERRIBLE actor! He was only slightly better on HO because he was playing a baddie and it's easy for any bad actor to glare and snarl a lot!
    Playing an ordinary person (as it were) shows how bad his acting is.
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say I'm that bothered to see him go. Nothing special.
  • curlyshirl76curlyshirl76 Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Could Jake be the one that kills Lucy, maybe that's his exit?
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could Jake be the one that kills Lucy, maybe that's his exit?

Doubt it, as the conclusion to Lucy's death is due to play out until next year. But I have a feeling he'll be involved in some way, and that will be linked to his exit.

Jamie tweeted this earlier: @jamielomas1: Still loads more amazing stuff to come @bbceastenders so make sure you keep tuned, @dominictc is a legend #watchthisspaceEEbackontopno1

So it sounds like he's pretty excited about how he goes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he has a bath and a shave and his body goes into critical shock :p
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jake and Jamie's acting, so for me it's a real dissapointment he's going!:(
    They never did much with him though, so it's no surprise they're axing him.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a waste.

I knew this character was doomed the instant they announced they were bringing him in to get with Lauren Branning. Which meant, basically, he was a plot point for her and nothing else, and that he wouldn't be able to make his own mark as all his scenes would be ruined by sharing them with her.

DTC really does have a vision, and he's getting there no matter what, character potential (and consistency) aside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good riddance, shouldnt have come back at all, hate when they do that - give someone a natural out but then bring them back to finish off contract and its all boring filler.

This - hate this too.

Sounds like his exit may be interesting though - tied in with the Lucy SL in some way.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Ronnie uses him as target practice.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No surprise at all there
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually liked his character and had potential to go further, but not really a big surprise!!
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how much Lauren and Jake are going to have with Lucys exit.
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake and his wife were not really handled well. Popped up in random appearances but kept apart and always disappearing for long periods. Very little time devoted to them as a family before Sadie left for good. Then Jake disappeared again himself. Only just back on screens and it's already revealed he's on the way out.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another Newman creation vanishes. Seems DTC really is having a clear out and getting rid of any unwanted dead wood in all the nooks and crannies.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't surprise me. Dreadfully wasted as an actor on EE, terrible character made worse by his connection to the woeful Lauren Branning. As long as he isn't heading back to HO. Maybe he could try Emmerdale next? Kym Marsh/Ryder/Marsh/Lomas/Marsh might object to him being in Corrie, although I think he would be suited to Corrie. ;)
    I think he would suit Corrie too.
    loveloveX wrote: »
    when is aleks going to leave? cant stand him!

Aleks in the gym with Ronnie was an improvement on being a dodgy market inspector. I didn't like him at first but I think there is potential. The man needs a haircut though.