Options

Two contradictory things stood out to me tonight

WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1. Stacey got slated last year for not moving around enough on stage, meanwhile Rebecca has now been allowed to virtually stand still for 8 shows now without any mention of her lack of movement.

2. Last year Cheryl ripped into Danyl for throwing the mic stand down because she thought it was arrogant. This year Katie does it and she loves it because it's "getting into the performance".

Jokes...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    Rebekka is so static - and she sings every song at the same pace with the same sounds - i cannot tell what the words are sometimes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebekka is so static - and she sings every song at the same pace with the same sounds - i cannot tell what the words are sometimes

yes Rebecca's diction isn't great at times. If they weren't well-known covers I would struggle to make out some of the words
  • Options
    Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, you have some memory... either that or mine is crap... probably the latter.

Great points you've made too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their plan is to get Rebecca through to the final but not win, she'll sell an album for them pretty well and make some money for SyCo.
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Stacey got slated last year for not moving around enough on stage, meanwhile Rebecca has now been allowed to virtually stand still for 8 shows now without any mention of her lack of movement.

2. Last year Cheryl ripped into Danyl for throwing the mic stand down because she thought it was arrogant. This year Katie does it and she loves it because it's "getting into the performance".

Jokes...
    You weren't the only one who noticed that contradiction ;)

DanylAJohnson Danyl Johnson
    confused?? Cherly now likes a mic stand being thrown, oh well
    2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Tweet from Danyl during the show :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha I'm so glad Danyl saw it too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weebles Wobble but they don't fall down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you really think she sang SATISFACTION the same way as she did for example TEARDROPS, WICKED GAME, CANDLE IN THE WIND...?

If you actually believe that there's little anyone can say.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member

Jokes...

THANK YOU!
    i totally agree over the Rebecca thing!
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D Go Danyl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member

I saw that too aww I loved Danyl ,he had the hardest time bless him .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member

Jokes...

Definatley agree with both
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member

I agree entirely, if I didnt already know the lyrics of the song that Rebecca was performing I wouldnt know half the time what she was singing about and yes she does get away with just standing still.

But my other half loves the sound of her voice but I think she sings through her nose and I find her irritating.
    She had a chance tonight to put a bit of zest into her performance.
    The fact she slowed everything down and was again screwed into the floor shows to me she is limited.
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Yes when Katie did it I thought she is channeling Danyl, whatever happened to him anyway
  • Options
    DeSadeDeSade Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    double standards. Outrageous:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    IIRC Rebecca said at one point last week " I was really out of my comfort zone because I had to walk forward a few steps" !!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grendel wrote: »
    IIRC Rebecca said at one point last week " I was really out of my comfort zone because I had to walk forward a few steps" !!!!

I noticed that too, like seriously...the fact it hasn't been picked up by now is clearly a conscious decision by the powers that be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im with you on all points... rebecca... for gawdsake you got carribbean in you wiggle those hips woman ( i have too before you start) and katie, SIGH throwing a microphone stand on the floor does not a good performance make. Theres no helping that no mark except booting her out and not buying her records.