Anyone else bored now??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
Forum Member
I've realised that I'm watching the X factor out of habit now whereas in previous years I genuinely enjoyed watching it. Dare I say, it's become a bit...... boring? Maybe I've just become too aware of the blatant manipulation, the over emphasis on judges and their increasingly inane comments, the contestant drama, etc. etc. ... :yawn:

And yet I'll still be eagerly tuning in tonight..... Man, there should be some of twelve step programme to break this habit :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I watch it out of habit, too. I take little interest in what they're singing.

I just like to moan about everything which comes afterwards :D
  • LEPLEP Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they brought Big Brother back.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'll still watch thought just to see who wins. I feel like the show has lost it's oomph now Wagner has gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep my eye on what's happening and watch a few peformances on youtube, but since Aiden left I haven't sat and watched it on tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noorani wrote: »
    I keep my eye on what's happening and watch a few peformances on youtube, but since Aiden left I haven't sat and watched it on tv.

Yep me too. And I get tempted into watching the results show.
  • CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always watch it...never miss an episode, and I think the winner this year will be either Michelle McManus, Jedward, or that Guy whos wife died and Louis Walsh hates.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see how active people are this year with the X-Factor. I mean seeing the voting figures. The ratings are similar to last year but that doesn't mean people are actively watching like in the past.
  • Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really care who wins it as long as it's not Cher. All interest gone since Wagner left, and I certainly won't be spending money on voting for this years dullards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I got bored a long time ago.

I only watched this series because of Wagner.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gemima wrote: »
    I got bored a long time ago.

I only watched this series because of Wagner.

Wagner and Katie kept it interesting, that has gone now
  • NienaNiena Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I was enjoying it while Aiden was still on. It got progressively duller and duller after he left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's progressively felt less and less like a competition because of Matt getting stronger and stronger while the others sort of sink...
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I watch it out of habit, too. I take little interest in what they're singing.

I just like to moan about everything which comes afterwards :D

^^^ This! Exactly this! :D
  • dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tick. Rather lost interest & impetus after Aiden went. Thats the slightly silly thing about this and other knockout programmes.. by definition they shed their viewers along the way..
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much all the unpredictability has gone now. The only potentially exciting thing that may happen is Mary disobeying the script and getting to the final ahead of Cher, but that's looking unlikely and isn't that exciting anyway.
  • JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've really shot themselvesin the foot, haven't they? No body gives a toss about these dullards.

Keeping Wagner in might have brought them a few more viewers, if not voters.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still enjoying it. Not a Matt or Mary fan but like the rest. Might miss Katie a bit this week.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how can so many people complain that its boring now or its not the same because wagner and katie has left...they have only been gone a week and there hasnt been an episode shown without them for you to make judgements like that
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    Mr B succumed to boredom 2 weeks ago - but I'm still watching to see how Rebecca does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I'm still enjoying it muchly. If I was truly bored by it I wouldnt bother watching. Although I can see why, even if you are bored with it, you might stick with it to see who wins, but I wouldnt do that. Bored is Bored. Go down the pub instead. :)
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't been the best year this time around with too much negativity, too much controversy and too much suspicion

Nowhere near series 5 in terms of talent, and more closer to series 4 in terms of dullards who will probably be forgotten a few months down the line after next Sunday

Matt I don't mind winning so much as long as it stops smug Cheryl getting the hat-trick and Doctor Simon Frankenstein's grotesque creation from winning

For me this series will be near the bottom of the pile and hopefully there will be an immediate review and some things changed for next year
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most definitely. Usually I Skyplus it and watch it later in order to skip all the commercials and superfluous detritus which turns a 40 minute show into a marathon lasting nearly two hours. However I may not even bother with that this evening. The whole process of watching has turned into a chore and now that Katie and Wagner are gone, there's little incentive to continue watching.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I've realised that I'm watching the X factor out of habit now whereas in previous years I genuinely enjoyed watching it. Dare I say, it's become a bit...... boring? Maybe I've just become too aware of the blatant manipulation, the over emphasis on judges and their increasingly inane comments, the contestant drama, etc. etc. ... :yawn:

And yet I'll still be eagerly tuning in tonight..... Man, there should be some of twelve step programme to break this habit :D

OMG! I said exactly the same thing a few days ago! it's nothing on XF5! nothing!
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not watching it tonight. My daughter's recording it so I may f/fwd through it tomorrow. I have no interest in anyone on the show at all and find it inconceivable that anything fresh/different will happen.... just same old same old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I too am getting fed up of this show, I have decided this is the last year I will be watching, think I will watch Strictly next year, although I reckon that might be even worse.

Oh wait I know, I might try and get my life back and start going out on Saturday nights again instead lol.