Louis Smith Appreciation Thread

Comments

• roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally would love Margaret Aspinall to win. She hasn't stopped fighting for Justice for over 20yrs for her son. She is now very ill with cancer. :(

More great pics .. Ta daisy :)
    Another occassion with Arlene ..... Surely fate is lending a hand ;)
    Really don't like the prog he was on last night .. The presenter is awful!! .. Only watched for a sighting of the gorgeous one ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis .. #TescoMumofTheYear is warming up nicely .. And I'm about to destroy my desert :)
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roadieboys wrote: »
    I personally would love Margaret Aspinall to win. She hasn't stopped fighting for Justice for over 20yrs for her son. She is now very ill with cancer. :(

)

Being slightly pedantic here but Anne Williams is the Hillsborough mother with cancer not Margaret Aspinall.

That said both incredible women.

They say behind every great man is an even greater woman, I think Louis' would be his mum right now.
  • daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being slightly pedantic here but Anne Williams is the Hillsborough mother with cancer not Margaret Aspinall.

That said both incredible women.

They say behind every great man is an even greater woman, I think Louis' would be his mum right now.

Thanks jeffiner. I realised on way to sisters after posting .. Doh .. What an idiot. Was going to delete post but can't now. You are right. They are both incredible women
    Forum Member
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know, looking at all these photos I swear that Louis is becoming more handsome by the day. He so suits a suit (:D) and oh that matching waistcoat! I suspect that today is one of the happiest of his life (and he's had plenty of happy days recently). His Mum is so pretty too and is so obviously proud, and he of her of course. :)

Yes, Louis was out until late last night but never fear: I soon had him in his bed and he was up with the lark again and ready for his next adventure. :D
    Forum Member
    Omigosh, Louis! Sometimes I just can't handle how sweet you are!!! :*)

Louis Smith M. B. E. @louissmith1989
    Just left #TescoMumoftheYear & what a lovely and very warm evening I've had with my mum. The award winners are truly inspirational #special
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Do you know, looking at all these photos I swear that Louis is becoming more handsome by the day. He so suits a suit (:D) and oh that matching waistcoat! I suspect that today is one of the happiest of his life (and he's had plenty of happy days recently). His Mum is so pretty too and is so obviously proud, and he of her of course. :)

:D

Korky - You read my mind! Louis looks and moves like a star.

He is SO elegant in a suit, he should be signed by a leading international men's label... We were surprised that he did not appear in any of the shows during London Fashion Week - that would have been a great vehicle for Louis to maintain a high profile, plus earn a good living... However, fashion related deals might be in the pipeline already!

Thank you all for the fabulous links to photos, videos, news updates, etc. I love this thread! :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Sophie P! Your first post? Welcome!! :D Yes, there are so many things Louis could potentially do and modelling his own or other people's clothes is just one. He takes such a good photograph too. (I don't!) He has star quality in abundance, doesn't he? :)
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the photos. Yes, he looked particularly handsome today. Probably glowing with pride due to being with his lovely mum :) That close up is just dreamy........ & the lovely tweet about what a great time he'd had.. Bless him.

Hi Sophie P :)
    Forum Member
    Oooh, a new poster! :) Hi Sophie P! Welcome! :)

Yes, we've talked about the fact that Louis would make a great model. Especially now that he's so much leaner. He wore that three piece suit today so, so well! :eek:

Korky, did you have to drag Louis from the Rose Club kicking and screaming back to the hotel in the wee hours of this morning? Are you one of those stern Mistresses?!:cool:;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Hello Sophie P! Your first post? Welcome!! :D Yes, there are so many things Louis could potentially do and modelling his own or other people's clothes is just one. He takes such a good photograph too. (I don't!) He has star quality in abundance, doesn't he? :)

Yes, that was my first post... I read the Flavia & Louis thread from Day 1 and then switched to this thread when you started it. It is always informative and very, very entertaining.

My house guests from California went home today and I promised them that I would become an active participant in this thread (finally). They are huge fans of Dancing with the Stars, so they were delighted to find the entire 2012 Strictly series on my Sky+. Their reaction to our Louis was very similar to Darcy's! OMG... :eek: :)

On the first night here, they were up until 4am watching programmes 1 - 5, followed by the related ITT shows. They loved the interviews and practice footage with Louis and Flavia - they felt that their VTs were more informative and funnier than the VTs on DWTS.

We agreed that our favourite Louis & Flavia dances were:
    1. The show dance
    2. The Fusion
    3. The Samba :rolleyes:

Definitely birds of a feather.

As a sports fan, I've followed Louis' career since Beijing 2008. He has blossomed into a beautiful, articulate, caring and graceful young man. Even HM The Queen smiled broadly when she presented Louis with his MBE. His personality and good manners allows him to fit in everywhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Daisy, I must say that it was pretty hard! He didn't want to come but time was getting on and I told him that enough was enough. Eventually I had to get hold of him and bring him forth. Yes, I would describe myself as a stern Mistress and as my charge is firm that makes for some interesting interactions. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    :eek: Korky, your talent knows no bounds!!:o I can pick out an innuendo in every sentence of that paragraph!! :eek: :p

What have you got planned for him tonight, Oh Esteemed Mistress of the Bed Chamber?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Sophie, Louis definitely has that elusive and indescribable charisma and has apparently always had it because around last Christmas there was an article written by his teacher when he was 7. He used to walk around her classroom on his hands and could never sit still on his chair. She said that she always knew he'd make something of himself and wasn't surprised to see him on her telly in SCD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    This relationship needs to be built and nurtured!!!!:cool:

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/285862787

Love his suit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Korky, your talent knows no bounds!!:o I can pick out an innuendo in every sentence of that paragraph!! :eek: :p

What have you got planned for him tonight, Oh Esteemed Mistress of the Bed Chamber?;)

Innuendoes, moi? Mais non!! I can't see any at all. As to tonight, I am proposing a relaxing massage for our Lovely Louis to oil his joints as he can become a little rigid at times when not training, then perhaps I could tempt him with a restorative lie-down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love his suit

Yes, it enhances his beauty, although he could wear nothing but a Glitterball or spurting champagne bottle and would look so :cool:.
    Forum Member
    Louis' mum looked really pretty today! :) She must have been stunning back in the day! I can see where some of Louis' beauty comes from. Wonder what his father looks like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they have the same shaped face and jawline. I'd also be interested to see a pic of Louis' father.....maybe when his autobiography comes out in July? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Most likely. He has said that he has a relationship with his father, although not a close one. Hats off to Elaine for raising two boys on her own who, I'm sure, have both turned out far, far better than she could have hoped. :)
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be SO proud if my boys turned out to be as respectful, humble, kind, disciplined, beautiful as Louis.. Even just one of those would be good!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis fully appreciates her and must be so happy when he can take her to something like today's event. It seemed a long do. I particularly liked his describing it as 'warm'. He's been a very busy bee this weekend but doesn't look tired yet. :)
This discussion has been closed.