garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    pardon???
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    1st: His parents most likely
    2rd: Ben and Polly
    3rd: The Brigadier I think (he woke up in hospital)
    4th: Sarah Jane
    5th: Adric, Tegan and Nyssa
    6th: Peri
    7th: The Rani
    8th: The bloke in the morgue
    War: the Sisterhood of Karn
    9th: We don't know
    10th: Rose
    11th: Amelia Pond
    12th: Clara
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    1st: His parents most likely
    2rd: Ben and Polly
    3rd: The Brigadier I think (he woke up in hospital)
    4th: Sarah Jane
    5th: Adric, Tegan and Nyssa
    6th: Peri
    7th: The Rani
    8th: The bloke in the morgue
    War: the Sisterhood of Karn
    9th: We don't know
    10th: Rose
    11th: Amelia Pond
    12th: Clara

i would think maybe rose as in the first episode it looked like he had just regenerated
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    1st his parents most likely
    2rd
    3rd
    4th sarah jane the brigadier
    5th adric tegan nyssa
    6th Mel?
    7th
    8th
    War
    9th ???rose???
    10th rose
    11th amelia
    12th clara

6th saw Peri first. 7th saw Mel.
    I haven't seen the film for ages, so can't remember Paul McGann.
    3rd was Spearhead from space, so the first person he saw was probably the Doctor at the hospital where he woke. Again, it's been a while so I can't remember. I haven't seen Tenth Planet, but I'd guess Polly and Ben for 2nd.
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would think maybe rose as in the first episode it looked like he had just regenerated

Think it's likely he had run into someone before Rose though. He regenerated in the Tardis and had been pictured at various events.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    The 6th Doctor was unconscious when he regenerated into the 7th. By the time the 7th woke up, he has been kidnapped by the Rani and was in her lab. She was the first person he saw. He doesn't see Mel until some time in (I think) episode 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    The 6th Doctor was unconscious when he regenerated into the 7th. By the time the 7th woke up, he has been kidnapped by the Rani and was in her lab. She was the first person he saw. He doesn't see Mel until some time in (I think) episode 2.

Cheers. Time and the Rani is another DVD that I have yet to get. I guessed Mel from memory, but was wrong.
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Jethryk wrote: »
    Think it's likely he had run into someone before Rose though. He regenerated in the Tardis and had been pictured at various events.

Correct - as seen on TV :)
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Jethryk wrote: »

The pictures and events could have come later though just because Rose saw the pics does not mean they were taken yet by his POV.

That may have been where he went when he popped off for a moment at the end of Rose

But yes he obviously saw someone else first
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers. Time and the Rani is another DVD that I have yet to get. I guessed Mel from memory, but was wrong.

It is the first serial I remember from original transmission, McCoy is my Doctor and I can think of a thousand positive things to say about him, but I wouldn't bump Time and the Rani up any prospective purchase list if I were you.
    The pictures and events could have come later though just because Rose saw the pics does not mean they were taken yet by his POV.

That may have been where he went when he popped off for a moment at the end of Rose

Just from memory, doesn't he already know that the security guy that Rose is meant to be handing the lottery money to is dead? So at least the security guy beats Rose, assuming you allow dead people to count.
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member

Do aliens/monsters/"things" count - cos if we're being picky, when he pops out of the door and grabs Rose's hand, he's looking at the face of an Auton - she has her back to him.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've given up trying to make any sense of the Doctors age but Day of the Doctor did imply that the 9th Doctor lived for about a 100 years so unless those 100 years were all in the gap at the end of the first episode then Rose was not the first face he saw.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    I've given up trying to make any sense of the Doctors age but Day of the Doctor did imply that the 9th Doctor lived for about a 100 years so unless those 100 years were all in the gap at the end of the first episode then Rose was not the first face he saw.

I like to think the 100 did happen at the end of Rose

After 100 years of travelling 9 thinks "That Rose lass wasn't to bad I'll have another crack at her"