Options

Peter feckin Andre on Loose Women......BORING

Comments

• Options
    Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    I think its wicked too, even beyond anything I thought PA was capable of, but there you go, just hope the GBP finally shows him the door after this one, and to think his show hasnt even been aired yet:mad:

This.

He's really shocked me, to be honest. I thought my opinion of him couldn't get lower but boy was I wrong!

Jade Goody's cancer was different because it was her own life and she could do whatever she liked, however uncomfortable it made the rest of us.

The situation with PA and his brother can't be compared to Jade as it's on a totally different level when it comes to explotation of not just an ill man, but the public.

The media should take some blame too though, all that said. I don't believe in censorship but I think this is proof that some things should not even be considered for printing/televising.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This.

He's really shocked me, to be honest. I thought my opinion of him couldn't get lower but boy was I wrong!

Jade Goody's cancer was different because it was her own life and she could do whatever she liked, however uncomfortable it made the rest of us.

The situation with PA and his brother can't be compared to Jade as it's on a totally different level when it comes to explotation of not just an ill man, but the public.

The media should take some blame too though, all that said. I don't believe in censorship but I think this is proof that some things should not even be considered for printing/televising.

Me too.:(

When the news first broke and he went dashing off to Australia, I distinctly remember reading here a poster questioning whether he had taken a crew with him.

To be honest, I was quite shocked at the suggestion and thought.......no he wouldn't do that.

He effin' did.:mad::mad:
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DD
    Be honest are you really shocked he took a camera crew with him to Australia? I'm not
    LL
    As the film crew is part of his management company Peter is the one who could of stopped the filming at any time but hasn't. So no blame can go to the media. It is possible not to sell the story. Just say o mags etc .. No comment
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The major difference is that Jade was a media-**** and she was free to do as she wanted with her own problems.

This is completely different because Andrew is of limited interest to the public yet his own brother is exploiting/selling this trauma and begging for work in order to pay for treatment. PA has twisted a very difficult situation for Andrew and made it about himself and I am completely utterly and totally disgusted by this.

PA has been a media clown for ages but I actually believe that this current exploitation is downright wicked.:mad::mad:

Why do you continue to see Andrew as some pawn in all this? As if he has no say on the matter? A reminder. 55yr old man. He's obviously fine with it if it's all going to be documented on PA's show. He'll get paid for taking part one way or the other. Let's be clear: no one looks good here.

it does raise a question though: That this 'storyline' is included in his fluffy tacky reality show - a show that deals in the main with trivia and seven shades of media whoring - it does make one wonder exactly how much manipulation is going on here... and by whom.
  • Options
    Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.:(

When the news first broke and he went dashing off to Australia, I distinctly remember reading here a poster questioning whether he had taken a crew with him.

To be honest, I was quite shocked at the suggestion and thought.......no he wouldn't do that.

He effin' did.:mad::mad:

We don't yet know if he did take the camera crew to Oz. In his trailers he mentions his brother's cancer. I think we will see him finding out about it in Africa and then the voiceover will tell us he had to fly off to be with his brother. We will then probably see him back in UK talking to camera telling us about his brother.

I think a lot of people are assuming quite a lot from a TV trailer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    We don't yet know if he did take the camera crew to Oz. In his trailers he mentions his brother's cancer. I think we will see him finding out about it in Africa and then the voiceover will tell us he had to fly off to be with his brother. We will then probably see him back in UK talking to camera telling us about his brother.

I think a lot of people are assuming quite a lot from a TV trailer.

The implication is there.. Even you must think he is going to far if he shows his brother in hospital
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The implication is there.. Even you must think he is going to far if he shows his brother in hospital

Erm Betty....I'm not his biggest fan!! I just like to defend him, but I don't watch his show, read his column, go to his concerts, buy his music etc, etc.
    I liked him from the Jungle, then i liked watching his shows with Katie but I gave up on those 'staged' reality shows ages ago.
    I just find this outpouring of distaste about him discussing his brother's cancer just a tiny bit over the top.
    I will go on record as saying I don't think they will show his brother in hospital on his ITV show but if he does, I will admit that it's perhaps a step too far, but as I'm not Pete and not part of his family, it's really nothing to do with me and entirely up to them as a family how they choose to get through this time in their lives. As I have said before, Andrew is not a child being told what to do, he's a grown man who can make his own decisions. If he's happy for them to show him in hospital then that's fine with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was unfortunate enough to come across one of the insufferable twunt's adverts.
    I loved the way he sensitively and tastefully alternated between the devastating news of his brother's illness and reassuring us(because we've ALL been wondering)that he will be telling us all about who he's been dating.:rolleyes:

This and the way he bows his head all tearful like we the GBP wouldn't understand his grief unless he displayed it like he is making a cheap pop video. To pad your show out with a family tragedy is just crass.

I also agree his brother must be fully compliant in all of this and find that bizarre. The way they are also using this as a stick to beat KP is also very bizarre. They must be fearful that the lawsuit and the upcoming revelations may be a bit more damaging than we anticipated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N
    Tell me why you feel you need to defend him? It's a real question I don't understand why if you have no interest in him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Miss N;57585014]We don't yet know if he did take the camera crew to Oz. In his trailers he mentions his brother's cancer. I think we will see him finding out about it in Africa and then the voiceover will tell us he had to fly off to be with his brother. We will then probably see him back in UK talking to camera telling us about his brother.

I think a lot of people are assuming quite a lot from a TV trailer.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you that one.:D

Pretty sure that cameras are involved in Andrew's cancer treatment though.
  • Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is contracted to them so they will promote him as much as possible to ensure he gets as many viewers as possible

As will Sky Living to promote Katie Price!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    As will Sky Living to promote Katie Price!

No problem with either company promoting their shows...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N
    Tell me why you feel you need to defend him? It's a real question I don't understand why if you have no interest in him.

I like him. I like a lot of celebs and have always read showbiz stuff but I have stopped buying New mag a while ago and that was the only one I actually bought but I read stuff on the internet and in the papers. I have also stopped watching all the reality shows as they are so fake.

Don't get me wrong I used to like KP and PA when they were a couple and enjoyed watching their shows (until the last one when things got a bit nasty).

I did think she handled the split wrong and it did put me off her.

I defend Pete because I do believe him to be a genuine family man. He is greek, they are very in to family. I just think criticising him about his brothers cancer battle is wrong. They have chosen as a family to put it in the public arena and Andrew has agreed. To me, that is their choice and I don't see anything wrong in it. I must admit I could never watch Jade Goody's shows about her cancer as I found it quite upsetting as she was a mother of young kids and we knew she was dying but with Pete, I don't know anything of his brother so if he is featured in the show (which I'm not going to watch) it wouldn't bother me as we have never seen him in the public eye and I don't know anything about how many children he has, how old they are etc. Does this make sense?! To me if his brother does feature it is just part of what is going on in his life at this time so I suppose they feel it should be shown. Of course he could refuse but he lives his life in the public eye so if the family have decided it should be shown, who are we to argue?

I do think Pete is far too cheesey and not the greatest singer, but I do like him presenting on TV. He's not my favourite celeb by far but I do like him and find him harmless. I don't see him as a nasty person, but I have read a lot of stuff he has being accused of and I just can't imagine him being like that. Trouble is, I can imagine KP being nasty and that is the difference I find between them.
    But as I said, if she showed more emotion (I'm not saying anyone should show as much emotion as Pete!) I would probably feel differently.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Why do you continue to see Andrew as some pawn in all this? As if he has no say on the matter? A reminder. 55yr old man. He's obviously fine with it if it's all going to be documented on PA's show. He'll get paid for taking part one way or the other. Let's be clear: no one looks good here.

it does raise a question though: That this 'storyline' is included in his fluffy tacky reality show - a show that deals in the main with trivia and seven shades of media whoring - it does make one wonder exactly how much manipulation is going on here... and by whom.

I agree, the other Andre brothers are not camera shy and have appeared on PA's shows. I now think that they will all appear on the show with Andrew, no doubt PA will be the one to shed the tears, and have the main camera position.

It seems he is having an extension built, some further fodder to pad out his show. Like everyone else on here, I hope his brother recovers, and they can all sit around and watch it all on ITV2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N
    You must realise the final series was edited to make her the bad guy. It was put out after their split, by the company who represents Peter. No couple going through a tough time is nice to each other. His former manager even claimed ,wrongly, that they had dumped her.
    For me Peter wants everyone to love him and try's way way to hard to be likeable. A lot of the time he turns to the camera when talking to his guest and does something cheesy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N
    You must realise the final series was edited to make her the bad guy. It was put out after their split, by the company who represents Peter. No couple going through a tough time is nice to each other. His former manager even claimed ,wrongly, that they had dumped her.
    For me Peter wants everyone to love him and try's way way to hard to be likeable. A lot of the time he turns to the camera when talking to his guest and does something cheesy.

I never mentioned the last series in that way. I said it got a bit nasty. I actually think they both came across bad in that series. My understanding when they filmed those shows and as quoted by kate herself was that they had no say in the editing of it. Considering it was made by CAN tv, do we take it Nev had the final say in the edit then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    I never mentioned the last series in that way. I said it got a bit nasty. I actually think they both came across bad in that series. My understanding when they filmed those shows and as quoted by kate herself was that they had no say in the editing of it. Considering it was made by CAN tv, do we take it Nev had the final say in the edit then?

Yes it would of been Nev and maybe that's why he made a public apology to her last year.IMO that series never should of been shown. It's not something their kids should be ale to watch
  • Options
    BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't PA say he didn't want his parents to witness Andrew's illness? How is he protecting them by giving the world constant updates on his brother's illness? It's disgusting how he is making it all about him. It's about his pain, his trauma, etc. He claims he wants to shield his kids from what Andrew is going through but is he thinking of Andrew's daughter? :mad:
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than start a new thread I thought I would post the latest DM article about him here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2127844/Peter-Andre-opens-brothers-cancer-battle--determined-hell-survive.html

Judging by the comments on that article and having a look around the net, it looks as though the tide might be turning against PA. Most people had a fair deal of sympathy for him after his split with KP but maybe this is a step too far?

I have to be honest, I've never been a fan of his but this all feels just so....tacky I guess is the right word. Obviously it goes without saying that I hope Andrew can pull through this.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    So everything like moving his brother in etc was for... His show? How tacky can it be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    Rather than start a new thread I thought I would post the latest DM article about him here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2127844/Peter-Andre-opens-brothers-cancer-battle--determined-hell-survive.html

Judging by the comments on that article and having a look around the net, it looks as though the tide might be turning against PA. Most people had a fair deal of sympathy for him after his split with KP but maybe this is a step too far?

I have to be honest, I've never been a fan of his but this all feels just so....tacky I guess is the right word. Obviously it goes without saying that I hope Andrew can pull through this.

I approve of this comment.

It warms the heart to see that he has managed to dry his tears long enough to sell yet another story about his family! Is there nothing he won't talk about for a pay cheque??
    - Chris, Sowerby Bridge, 10/4/2012 20:33

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2127844/Peter-Andre-opens-brothers-cancer-battle--determined-hell-survive.html#ixzz1riyjQqjN
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    Didn't PA say he didn't want his parents to witness Andrew's illness? How is he protecting them by giving the world constant updates on his brother's illness? It's disgusting how he is making it all about him. It's about his pain, his trauma, etc. He claims he wants to shield his kids from what Andrew is going through but is he thinking of Andrew's daughter? :mad:
    He's shielding them by moving Andrew into his home (where they live) and filming it (so they'll have a professional record of it). Yeah. That's "shielding" them alright!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's column was discussing Andrew's first chemo session:rolleyes

This was alongside:

the marketing of Disney Land, where the kids went for the celebrations to accompany his Disneyland advert; Kerching

the regular updates on why he hasnt met anyone serious. He now thinks as he is turning 40, he should enjoy himself.

the marketing of the new calendar and more abs
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Yesterday's column was discussing Andrew's first chemo session:rolleyes

This was alongside:

the marketing of Disney Land, where the kids went for the celebrations to accompany his Disneyland advert; Kerching

the regular updates on why he hasnt met anyone serious. He now thinks as he is turning 40, he should enjoy himself.

the marketing of the new calendar and more abs
    And it was all done between crying sessions no doubt. Pete, the plucky little trooper!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if his management team are taking on board this onslaught of negativity and disgust.

Time to rethink your strategy CAN methinks.
This discussion has been closed.