One Direction must know they're terrible - Jake Bugg

Comments

• _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol - I should be more knowledgeable on this kind of stuff. There are even picture aids just to clarify it all 100%

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/644071_499963510036861_1131356464_n.jpg

They're very insolent to dress like men in their late teens/early twenties after all.

LOLLL at the suit one. I can't. :D HOW DARE THEY WEAR GENERIC BLACK SMART SUITS. Those cads! Those shameless clones!

And the red angry circle of shame around the Louis / George stripy shirt has literally made my day. Thanks for that. :D
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolz!!
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol - I should be more knowledgeable on this kind of stuff. There are even picture aids just to clarify it all 100%

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/644071_499963510036861_1131356464_n.jpg

They're very insolent to dress like men in their late teens/early twenties after all.

This picture is really funny indeed.

I say let's wait until they release their music to see what it's like, but they seem to be aiming at the same target demographic.

How about we move on from this "fight" though?
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really - there was no real reason to mention UJ in anything - its just pettiness on behalf of 1D fans... but anyone onwards and upwards to a different thread + nicer people

I was responding to your criticism of the 'chinny,chin' line and bringing Union J into the conversation becaus this boyband will be using some of the same writers that One Direction have used and they will no doubt be using some corny and ridiculous lines themselves. It is 'Pop' music and has been going for years. Some of the most popular songs in history have some of the daftest lines of words but they are still great 'pop' songs.
    PS - I always thought I was one of the 'nicer' people too. :confused:;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Oh young Jake. Did he finally learn how to speak? Reaping off Bob Dylan and the Gallaghers must be the way forward.

Soon to be forgotten, Tom Odell is getting all the love now.:)

Exactly. Jake is just as lame and derivative as he thinks 1D is. He's a walking cliche with ZERO originality and the massive ego of your typical music snob.

P.S. I listened to a few of his songs after I saw his shit talking. He's just as packaged and image driven as the 1D boys are. It's just his image is "indie" musician. EVERYTHING in his videos were SO contrived it's hilarious.

He's up there with "credible Cardle" with his foot in mouth syndrome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Debbie H must be fuming!!

Yeah, I bet she was fuming when Alvin and the Chipmunks covered it back in the day too.

You young people kill me with your snobbery over music everyone was listening to the past. You don't deserve a cookie because you can name drop Debbie Harry.

Jake Bugg and his fans need to learn that a sad-faced WGWG with a Noel Gallagher haircut doesn't not equal talent. This child went in on Mumford and Sons too, you know. I don't give a f&*K about Mumford and Sons. He just hates on successful people and is looking for press.

Whether or not 1D hate themselves remains to be seen.

For the last time, no one thinks you're cool because you hate 1D. You hang out on the XF forums and root for people like Cher Lloyd, Union J and other flops not worth mentioning. You clearly aren't the bastion of good taste.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually loving this thread.:D

Youinchild, apologies, please come back.:cry::D:o
    Sorry for dragging you down Arty, you are one of the nicer ones.;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Actually loving this thread.:D

Youinchild, apologies, please come back.:cry::D:o
    Sorry for dragging you down Arty, you are one of the nicer ones.;):D

arty is...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    niall tweets: "Really buggs me that artists we're fans of, flip on us in the press !":D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    niall tweets: "Really buggs me that artists we're fans of, flip on us in the press !":D

Good on him to make his point without insulting anyone. :)
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    1D are terrible though, they are the most annoying, overatted boyband ever! they are crappy crap crap, and have killed a good Blondie song. They are everywhere! it's soooo annoying, wish they would just sod off to America and bloody stay there. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    1D are terrible though, they are the most annoying, overatted boyband ever! they are crappy crap crap, and have killed a good Blondie song. They are everywhere! it's soooo annoying, wish they would just sod off to America and bloody stay there. :D

lolz!! that's your opinion;)
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    lolz!! that's your opinion;)

Of course it's mine. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    LOLLL at the suit one. I can't. :D HOW DARE THEY WEAR GENERIC BLACK SMART SUITS. Those cads! Those shameless clones!

And the red angry circle of shame around the Louis / George stripy shirt has literally made my day. Thanks for that. :D

I don't know whether to find it funny or to be irritated by the amount of times it pops up on twitter by admittedly what seem to be very young Directioners. I guess I can't really be too harsh on them in that case :) .

But I don't think it's worth arguing over One Direction/Union J when the latter (well, Josh is, at least) are big Directioners themselves - although he would be bringing his general cringeiness to a whole new level if he actually said that. They think One Direction's output is great, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind having the odd cheesy line here and there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No Japan would be better as it's further.

Dont worry though - they are half way through their timeline as a band.:D
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    No Japan would be better as it's further.

Dont worry though - they are half way through their timeline as a band.:D

Very true, and they can take their nutty girly fans with them! :D
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    I wonder what Jake Bugg's opinion of Frank Sinatra or Elvis Presley is as they relied on a team of songwriters and quite often sang cover versions? I am a fan of Jake Bugg but even on his album he has a small team of songwriters who get co-writing credits on a number of his songs. Indeed, many of todays top International artists rely on a huge team of songwriters for their hits.

Frank and Elvis were timeless singers. One Direction are not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true, and they can take their nutty girly fans with them! :D

no need to take any fans anywhere!!: they have them everywhere and these fans can network thru social media thank you!!;)
    Forum Member
    Yorkie47 wrote: »

I agree, I still can't believe 1D are compared to The Beatles! what an insult!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I still can't believe 1D are compared to The Beatles! what an insult!

I remember seeing that comment on this forum - it made me laugh!!!
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yorkie47 wrote: »

So certain singers are allowed to have songwriters writing for them. Musical snobbery in full force again on here. ;)
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I remember seeing that comment on this forum - it made me laugh!!!

Same :D I mean what a bloody insult, I bet John and George were turning in their graves!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So certain singers are allowed to have songwriters writing for them. Musical snobbery in full force again on here. ;)

Of course, it's called double standart! ;)
    Celine Dion can have writers, Rihanna can have writers, but it's not acceptable if 1D does!
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Good on him to make his point without insulting anyone. :)

Between this and having a crush on the gorgeous Rachel Shenton, I'm starting to think Niall might be the classiest one in the band. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Much as I dont like either Frank or Elvis, their influence is unmistakable over generations of music fans. 1D's influence over music appears to be limited given that the only award given to them on Wednesday was the Brit equivalent to a marketing award.