Options

Did The Moon being an egg in Kill The Moon ruin the episode?

124»

Comments

• Options
    solarpenguinsolarpenguin Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Yes we as fans accept the idea but to none fans it still sounds as stupid as a space egg does to you.

I know people who don't watch as they think the whole idea is stupid no matter how well something is explained some will always find it and the explanation stupid.

Why do you people keep trying to put words into my mouth? >:( >:( >:(

I don't think the space egg idea "sounds stupid" to me.

I think it's a complicated idea that needs a lot of care and attention if it's to work well. I don't think it got that care and attention, but that doesn't mean the idea itself was stupid. Like I said in my earlier reply to you:
    "the space egg concept could've worked if more care had been taken over the episode. It could even have been a classic."

And, as I also said before, the only reason "we as fans accept the idea" of the TARDIS is because the writers have always taken a lot of trouble over how it's handled in the stories. If they hadn't taken that trouble, we wouldn't have accepted it. The idea doesn't automatically have some magical "accepted by fans" property of its own.

(*sigh*)

Why am I even bothering? No-one's responding to the points I'm actually making. You're all just ignoring me and putting words into my mouth.

I'm going to quit this thread while I've still got my sanity...