Options

Nick the father of Mick?

The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Could you rule it out? I mean, he's shagged everything that moves, and so has she.

Comments

• Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you rule it out? I mean, he's shagged everything that moves, and so has she.

Well that would be disturbing. But did Shirley have anything to do with Nick last time he was around? I'd think if they shared a history, it would have been revisited at that time.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    'Andy' is the father of Mick..next up will be the theory that he is infact Dean's dad, Nick has been a busy boy! Haha.:D:D

Just anyway, did Shirley and Nick meet when he was in Walford last? I don't think they did. I'd like some Nick and Shirley scenes, mainly because I love both characters.:blush::)
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    Even Nick Cotton has some standards :D

It will be interesting if Nick has sevens with anyone outside of his family.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It always amazes me (from the sheer number of secret grandchildren Dot has had come out of the woodwork) just how many women appear to be desperate enough for a shag that they will allow Nick Cotton to impregnate them *shudder*.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd I hope not!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter if Shirley didn't say anything last time Nick was around, she's been drunk for most of her life, Nick could easily be Mick's dad as much as the next man...
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rhydler, do you think Shirley would have tried to get it on with Dirty Den if he was still alive?
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was established back in June that Mick's dad is Andy. Nick lied about his daughter's name, but I don't think he lies about his own. Shirley would also have met Nick during his previous stint, and I don't recall any hint of a history between them.

Making Andy Dean's father is plausible and would be a way to paint Shirley in a better light, as seems to be the objective of the piece during DTC's tenure. Rather than sleeping around behind Kevin's back to such an extent that she even went as far as to put out for men whose names she didn't know (Dean's dad, as far as we know) it could be Andy, with Shirley inventing that story for fear thay Dean would want to track Andy down and by so doing, discover her secret regarding Mick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhydler, do you think Shirley would have tried to get it on with Dirty Den if he was still alive?

She may well have tried, but she'd never have managed it, Den only went for attractive classy chicks...generally...he did of course shag Pat in his youth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    It was established back in June that Mick's dad is Andy. Nick lied about his daughter's name, but I don't think he lies about his own. Shirley would also have met Nick during his previous stint, and I don't recall any hint of a history between them.

Making Andy Dean's father is plausible and would be a way to paint Shirley in a better light, as seems to be the objective of the piece during DTC's tenure. Rather than sleeping around behind Kevin's back to such an extent that she even went as far as to put out for men whose names she didn't know (Dean's dad, as far as we know) it could be Andy, with Shirley inventing that story for fear thay Dean would want to track Andy down and by so doing, discover her secret regarding Mick.

The truth is, I just wanted to put Mick and Nick in the same sentence in the hope of some stupid hybrid word being invented such as Nickick or MickNick or MickleNick.

Andy is a nobody until he has a face and isn't a father until a DNA test.

It's like Pat in 1988...she just couldn't remember who Simon's dad was as she was shagging so many blokes at the time...despite saying it was Brian Wicks months later, she was banging Pete, Kenny, Den and Frank.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may well have tried, but she'd never have managed it, Den only went for attractive classy chicks...generally...he did of course shag Pat in his youth.

According to that spin off Pat did with Big Mo she was very attractive in your youth. Something tells me Den would work with Shirley to split Phil and Sharon up but Shirley would end up obsessed with him too!:o
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Gawd I hope not. But then again why was Shirley there when Yvonne and Charlie came to see Dot? :o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to that spin off Pat did with Big Mo she was very attractive in your youth. Something tells me Den would work with Shirley to split Phil and Sharon up but Shirley would end up obsessed with him too!:o

Oh he'd use her, of course he would, but he'd never have sex with her. Not even old man Den in 03 would have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh he'd use her, of course he would, but he'd never have sex with her. Not even old man Den in 03 would have.

True enough. Angie (on a good day), Chrissie, Kate Mitchell, Jan, etc. were sophisticated in their own ways. He had a certain type.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »

BIB: This would be a really good idea.

Spin off with Pat and Big Mo? Is this online to watch anywhere?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Oh Gawd I hope not. But then again why was Shirley there when Yvonne and Charlie came to see Dot? :o:o:o

:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True enough. Angie (on a good day), Chrissie, Kate Mitchell, Jan, etc. were sophisticated in their own ways. He had a certain type.

Even Mags in 87 was decent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Mags in 87 was decent

Mags! Blast from the past:o Wicky's girlfriend if I recall. They should have made Wicksy Den's son.
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    I've obviously lost the plot here ;) Who is Andy???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mags! Blast from the past:o Wicky's girlfriend if I recall. They should have made Wicksy Den's son.

You recall correct, Wicksy pinched her from Den, leading to a fight.

Yeah, they should have, and as far as I'm concerned, he is.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mags. I can't even remember what happened to her in teh end. Did she leave in a van?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed she did. About March 88, had enough of Wicksy's games.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    The truth is, I just wanted to put Mick and Nick in the same sentence in the hope of some stupid hybrid word being invented such as Nickick or MickNick or MickleNick.

Andy is a nobody until he has a face and isn't a father until a DNA test.

It's like Pat in 1988...she just couldn't remember who Simon's dad was as she was shagging so many blokes at the time...despite saying it was Brian Wicks months later, she was banging Pete, Kenny, Den and Frank.

This.

A lot of people seem to be pinning their hopes on Andy being cast as Shirley's long-lost love.

It seems unlikely that a man who so far has shown no interest in tracking his gymslip-girlfriend from all those years ago will bother now.

Andy was just a name that Shirley came up with when Phil asked.

I think Karl Howden's character will rock up with Shirely when she returns (in his caravan??) as her new boyfrirend but doubt he will be Andy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    This.

A lot of people seem to be pinning their hopes on Andy being cast as Shirley's long-lost love.

It seems unlikely that a man who so far has shown no interest in tracking his gymslip-girlfriend from all those years ago will bother now.

Andy was just a name that Shirley came up with when Phil asked.

I think Karl Howden's character will rock up with Shirely when she returns (in his caravan??) as her new boyfrirend but doubt he will be Andy.

I think Andy is probably the real name of his dad. Or I doubt they would have even had Shirley mention a name. I actually think there is a lot of scope for Andy to be cast. All we know from Shirley is that he was long gone before Mick was born, which begs the questions, did he know about the pregnancy? Does he know Mick was born? They were both young so was it his choice to move? Have they been in contact since then? It would be good if he was cast imo.:)
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god!! This is gonna be another one of those Cora being Sharon's mother moments!