Options

EE: When Kat finds out what Alfie did

Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How long will the two of them be split up for? We know they are end-game and will eventually get back together but after the fire, Kat isn't gonna want to take Alfie back right away. How long until they get back together after they split up? My guess? A year.

Comments

• Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The storyline lacks bite. We all know she'll forgive him. I'm also willing to bet Tamwar hands him that 10 grand Shabnam gave him for his birthday. He deserves to be locked up for 6 months at least. I don't care how desperate he was. It's not like he's reprentant. He was blaming Mo for the fire tonight, the bastard!
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    The storyline lacks bite. We all know she'll forgive him. I'm also willing to bet Tamwar hands him that 10 grand Shabnam gave him for his birthday. He deserves to be locked up for 6 months at least. I don't care how desperate he was. It's not like he's reprentant. He was blaming Mo for the fire tonight, the bastard!

Of course he's repentant, which is why he's behaving like he is,out of regret and he was blaming Mo for the aerosols not the fire!
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course he's repentant, which is why he's behaving like he is,out of regret and he was blaming Mo for the aerosols not the fire!

He said it was Mo's fault! I remember because Stacey's face looked like how I imagine mine looked when he said that line:D
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, considering how many times she's cheated on him, she should forgive him right away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, I'm sure he will, especially after Shabnam's comment that he is too kind for this world. Not only did he knowingly take Tam's uni fund when his dad went off the rails and gambled it, he would have no scruples in taking 10k off him. Yet, when he has the cash, would never think to pay it back. The man is a leech, I think the only decent thing would be to kill off his character so that we don't have to deal with these Kat and Alfie split/reunions.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One week, everyone forgives and forgets in EE now! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He said it was Mo's fault! I remember because Stacey's face looked like how I imagine mine looked when he said that line:D

The aerosols were Mo's fault and if they hadn't been there the fire might not have been so bad!

And she was the one who didn't pay the rent!

And I can't see Tamwar giving his money to Alfie no matter how generous he is!
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat: You started the fire? You scarred me for life

Alfie: and you shagging Derek didn't scar me for life Kat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Kat: You started the fire? You scarred me for life

Alfie: and you shagging Derek didn't scar me for life Kat?

:-D:-D:-D

And the rest!
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    One week, everyone forgives and forgets in EE now! :D

More like a weekend:D
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully she rips off his Alfie Jr's and wears them like a pair of Pat Butcher earings
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

Yes but they wouldn't have exloded if he hadn't started the fire in the first place but he seems unable to take responsibility for that.

Mo isn't going to have thought through the possible consequences of storing 'commercial' flammable goods at the house any more than Alfie thought through the consequences of the fire spreading to other houses, somebody being in he didn't expect to be, the insurance company, fire brigade or Police becoming suspicious about how the fire started.

I don't like Mo at all - she is probably my least favourite character in the show but Alfie blaming her for the mess is low in the extreme - no matter how stressed he is.

I'm sorry but he is showing no signs of penitence at all. He is very sorry for himself that Kat has been so badly hurt, the scam hasn't worked and he's now in an even worse state than he was before but he is not repentent for actually having done it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Laika wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sure he will, especially after Shabnam's comment that he is too kind for this world. Not only did he knowingly take Tam's uni fund when his dad went off the rails and gambled it, he would have no scruples in taking 10k off him. Yet, when he has the cash, would never think to pay it back. The man is a leech, I think the only decent thing would be to kill off his character so that we don't have to deal with these Kat and Alfie split/reunions.

I don't particularly want him killed off but this 'Kat and Alfie are soul mates and belong together and will always end up together' is very tiresome as it does take all suspence away. They'll throw problems a( them, have them split but they always reconcile.

I agree that Alfie is a leech. He might screw up his face and feel bad for 5 minutes (just like he did when he took Masood's bet knowing it wasn't his money to gamble) but he will take Tamwar's money if it is offered to him and he won't pay it back - anymore than he did the poker money after Australia although he did find several k to buy himself another Capri which he didn't need since they rarely go anywhere and have buses and tubes on their doorstep.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I think it would be interesting to split them up for good after this. Kat does not need Alfie to survive as a character, I never got that mentality - her best storylines were before they were even together. Alfie needs her but meh, Alfie needs axed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The aerosols were Mo's fault and if they hadn't been there the fire might not have been so bad!

And she was the one who didn't pay the rent!

And I can't see Tamwar giving his money to Alfie no matter how generous he is!

Do we know for sure that Alfie and Kat were giving her their share *nd she just didn't pay it? Has that been stated on screen?
    How did Alfie think the rent was coming from if the only people living there (:e and Kat a( that stage) weren't giving it to anyone?
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be interesting to split them up for good after this. Kat does not need Alfie to survive as a character, I never got that mentality - her best storylines were before they were even together. Alfie needs her but meh, Alfie needs axed.

I said in another thread is this leading up to a shock suicide. Cheeky chappie descends into total despair. Only say this as putting Alfie in prison leaves Kat waiting his return. Kat is a far better character and free from Alfie can move on.

Personally I've never liked Alfie and believed in Kat and Alfie as these soul mates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes but they wouldn't have exloded if he hadn't started the fire in the first place but he seems unable to take responsibility for that.

Mo isn't going to have thought through the possible consequences of storing 'commercial' flammable goods at the house any more than Alfie thought through the consequences of the fire spreading to other houses, somebody being in he didn't expect to be, the insurance company, fire brigade or Police becoming suspicious about how the fire started.

I don't like Mo at all - she is probably my least favourite character in the show but Alfie blaming her for the mess is low in the extreme - no matter how stressed he is.

I'm sorry but he is showing no signs of penitence at all. He is very sorry for himself that Kat has been so badly hurt, the scam hasn't worked and he's now in an even worse state than he was before but he is not repentent for actually having done it.

I don't believe Alfie is that cold that he isn't sorry about what happened to Kat, he wouldn't have hurt her on purpose surely?

And I know that the aerosols wouldn't have exploded if Alfie hadn't started the fire i'm not stupid but she is to blame for them being there!
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A suicide plot hopefully. I can only see he redeemed by such without Kat turning into a doormat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A suicide plot hopefully. I can only see he redeemed by such without Kat turning into a doormat.

I don't want Alfie to commit suicide, what about Kat and the kids?

He's her partner and kids dad and chances are if Alfie did commit suicide it would be without telling Kat the truth and she wouldn't understand why he did it and she would miss him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't believe Alfie is that cold that he isn't sorry about what happened to Kat, he wouldn't have hurt her on purpose surely?

And I know that the aerosols wouldn't have exploded if Alfie hadn't started the fire i'm not stupid but she is to blame for them being there!

Of course Alfie is sorry that Kat has been hurt but I don't think he actually regretful about attempting the insurance fraud because it was the wrong thing to do but because the consequences are bad. To be truly penitent you have to regret the action because it was the wrong thing to do, not just because it didn't turn out the way you intended. It's like a murderer only being sorry for killing somebody because they got caught up and end up in Prison. They're sorry for the consequences for them, not for having actually taken the life of another human being.

It's irrelevant that Mo had the qerosols there. There was always a high chance of something going wrong to make the fire get out of control (it could just as easily have been a slight gas leak somewhere in the house he didn't know about for example), it just happened to be something Mo had there. Again, to use an analogy, that is like a drunk driver blaming a pedestrian for crossing the road if they hit them. If they hadn't have been there they wouldn't have ended up dead. No, if the drunk person hadn't got into a car when they weren't fully in control the pedestrian wouldn't have ended up dead.

I bet that if somebody could guarantee that nobody (especially Kat) would get hurt and he'd get the payout he'd do it again. So he's not truly repentent.

That is how I see it anyway but as always, respect other viewpoints.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't want Alfie to commit suicide, what about Kat and the kids?

He's her partner and kids dad and chances are if Alfie did commit suicide it would be without telling Kat the truth and she wouldn't understand why he did it and she would miss him!

If he did kill himself and she was at a loss as to why I imagine that Stacey or Mick would explain the reasons.

I doubt that would make her feel much better though.

Sadly, financially, she would possibly be better off without him but that isn't the point - she loves him and even if she feels she can't be with him after discovering the truth she won't want him dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course Alfie is sorry that Kat has been hurt but I don't think he actually regretful about attempting the insurance fraud because it was the wrong thing to do but because the consequences are bad. To be truly penitent you have to regret the action because it was the wrong thing to do, not just because it didn't turn out the way you intended. It's like a murderer only being sorry for killing somebody because they got caught up and end up in Prison. They're sorry for the consequences for them, not for having actually taken the life of another human being.

It's irrelevant that Mo had the qerosols there. There was always a high chance of something going wrong to make the fire get out of control (it could just as easily have been a slight gas leak somewhere in the house he didn't know about for example), it just happened to be something Mo had there. Again, to use an analogy, that is like a drunk driver blaming a pedestrian for crossing the road if they hit them. If they hadn't have been there they wouldn't have ended up dead. No, if the drunk person hadn't got into a car when they weren't fully in control the pedestrian wouldn't have ended up dead.

I bet that if somebody could guarantee that nobody (especially Kat) would get hurt and he'd get the payout he'd do it again. So he's not truly repentent.

That is how I see it anyway but as always, respect other viewpoints.

Fair enough but they were still Mo's and i'll stop trying to say otherwise if it's making it seem that I would blame a pedestrian for crossing the road if he/she got knocked down, I wouldn't!

And I don't believe Alfie would do the same thing again!

I know people probably think i'm mad sticking up for Alfie but does anyone actually know what this is like for Alfie's fans?

It's awful feeling sorry for someone who doesn't really deserve it but not being able to stop it and seeing comments on here saying that he's not sorry and feeling that he is sorry and that he's trying to put things right!

0...0 last night said she felt sorry for Alfie's fans, is she the only person that does?
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Laika wrote: »
    This!
    Fair enough but they were still Mo's and i'll stop trying to say otherwise if it's making it seem that I would blame a pedestrian for crossing the road if he/she got knocked down, I wouldn't!

And I don't believe Alfie would do the same thing again!

I know people probably think i'm mad sticking up for Alfie but does anyone actually know what this is like for Alfie's fans?

It's awful feeling sorry for someone who doesn't really deserve it but not being able to stop it and seeing comments on here saying that he's not sorry and feeling that he is sorry and that he's trying to put things right!

0...0 last night said she felt sorry for Alfie's fans, is she the only person that does?

I'm a Shirley fan and she gets lots of flak on here so I see how being an Alfie fan when the majority want him killed off could feel :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly want him killed off but this 'Kat and Alfie are soul mates and belong together and will always end up together' is very tiresome as it does take all suspence away. They'll throw problems a( them, have them split but they always reconcile.

I agree that Alfie is a leech. He might screw up his face and feel bad for 5 minutes (just like he did when he took Masood's bet knowing it wasn't his money to gamble) but he will take Tamwar's money if it is offered to him and he won't pay it back - anymore than he did the poker money after Australia although he did find several k to buy himself another Capri which he didn't need since they rarely go anywhere and have buses and tubes on their doorstep.

lol very true! And of course a capri is so useful with 3 tots and 2 adults - is it Bert or Ernie that gets strapped to the roof?!

Kat is such a strong character, she really doesn't need Alfie there as a foil anyway. It's been what, 12 years, since they first got together? It was great in the beginning because they were 2 lost souls who found each other at the time. Problem is that Kat has grown up and seems comfortable with who she is (obviously the burns story line is going to challenge that) and Alfie has never grown up or taken responsibility for anything.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat and particularly Alfie always end up homeless. It does get tiresome when they go around in circles.

Alfie tossed out teh Vic at least twice or has been living with the Slaters or the Beales. He's like a leech and people should help him because he's Alfir moon Cheeky chappy.