Options

EE: Alfie is so disrespectful towards the Masoods

Comments

• Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bit where Alfie sardonically joked to Shabnam about taking Tommy down the Mosque after she complained that he was wrapped in one of her head scarves was particularly disrespectful I thought. I mean who talks like that in someone else's house?! :o. I'm surprised at how restrained Shabnam was. I don't care how tired or stressed Alfie is from looking after the twins, that's just not on really and only shows how ungrateful he is. He should do well to remember the whole situation is mostly of his own making and stop acting like the whole world against him.

Alfie has become more and more of a prize tw*t over the past few months ever since leaving the Vic. It began with throwing the Vic statue through Phil's window, and then continued with trying to blackmail Aleks over his wife and daughter to keep his market stall open even though it was his own fault it got closed down. Loved it when Aleks put the fool in his place. I mean Alfie's always been a spineless plank of the highest order :D, but now he's a serial lying arsonist and a complete knob.

The fool needs kicking out. He's really not the Masoods' problem. I hope they ask Alfie to go and live in the B&B. It's only a matter of time before Alfie crosses the line and the Masoods have enough of him.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realise the masoods house was a tardis!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. It was infuriating that he didn't even care that Tommy was going through Shabnam's headscarves which, given they are a sign that her religion is important to her and it was extremely insensitive of Alfie to ignore that.

The Masoods were kind enough to house them so they should be helping out where they can to repay their kindness

Well said. I agree. I'm sure Alfie wouldn't like it if Kamil came over to his house and started ruining his moronic shirts :p:D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Well said. I agree. I'm sure Alfie wouldn't like it if Kamil came over to his house and started ruining his moronic shirts :p:D.

kamil as a 5 year old has better taste in clothes than alfie lol!
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been a disrectful knob since ronnie returned. Sooner he's killed off the better. Totally unreedemable t**t.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone considered that Tommy running riot may not be Alfie's fault? Given his biological father, he's probably prime candidate for the next devil child, in Scarlett's absence at least, given that both sides of her DNA are arguably psychotic.

Alfie could hardly see to one crying baby while he was still feeding the other, however he didn't need to get sarcastic with Shabnam. In the later scene, he could have calmly explained that he was waiting for the insurance to call back, or better still taken the phone upstairs with him and gone to have a word with Tommy.

It's obvious that this was all purposely contrived to move the storyline along, with it securing an almost immediate exit from the Masood's. Stacey said that that Lily was with Mo. Since Stacey wanted to go home to tuck her in, they would also have been at the Masood's. How convenient that Mo didn't appear to see to the one of the twins (or Tommy) while Alfie was tending to the other. It saved money through not needing to pay Laila Morse for a guest appearance, and gave an impression of complete chaos, to make the sudden eviction understandable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kamil as a 5 year old has better taste in clothes than alfie lol!

Lol true :D. He should give Alfie some fashion tips :p.

In regards to Tommy's behaviour not being Alfie's fault, no one is really blaming Alfie for that. Kids play up all the time. It's more his own ungrateful behaviour towards his hosts (the Masoods).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did Masood even take him in?! I'm sorry, but after Alfie swindled money out of him during that poker game (didn't Alfie leave the house briefly before even showing his hand) I don't know why Masood has ever been on speaking terms with him again! But I suppose Mas has accepted that his own behaviour was reckless and doesn't blame anyone else. Alfie isn't that self aware! Rather, he is selfish and self centred and has no loyalty to anyone (bar nana moon?). He never seems to respect anyone else and yet expects the world to owe him a living. I really hate his character now >:(
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Alfie is a nasty, lazy piece of work who does not give a damn about anyone but his own selfish self. Always has been. It's only now that it's all come to light and I hope everyone sees him for what he really is.

While I'm at it, I don't trust Ernie either. Got nothing bad to say about Bert, not got a bad bone in his body, but that Ernie one puts hell in me.
    Lol true :D. He should give Alfie some fashion tips :p.

In regards to Tommy's behaviour not being Alfie's fault, no one is really blaming Alfie for that. Kids play up all the time. It's more his own ungrateful behaviour towards his hosts (the Masoods).

Shabnam could of tried to explain her headscarf to tommy in sort of a game way or try to encourage him to play something with him to keep him from being bored as that is what Norse kids do.

Alfie however his attitude towards the masoods and stacey is sighs ting and the way he has treated: ronnie, Roxy, Kat, Michael, jack, phil in the past has been digisting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laika wrote: »
    Why did Masood even take him in?! I'm sorry, but after Alfie swindled money out of him during that poker game (didn't Alfie leave the house briefly before even showing his hand) I don't know why Masood has ever been on speaking terms with him again! But I suppose Mas has accepted that his own behaviour was reckless and doesn't blame anyone else. Alfie isn't that self aware! Rather, he is selfish and self centred and has no loyalty to anyone (bar nana moon?). He never seems to respect anyone else and yet expects the world to owe him a living. I really hate his character now >:(

to be fair alfie didn't swindle the money out of masood. he won that in a game of polker fairly.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Has anyone considered that Tommy running riot may not be Alfie's fault? Given his biological father, he's probably prime candidate for the next devil child, in Scarlett's absence at least, given that both sides of her DNA are arguably psychotic.

Alfie could hardly see to one crying baby while he was still feeding the other, however he didn't need to get sarcastic with Shabnam. In the later scene, he could have calmly explained that he was waiting for the insurance to call back, or better still taken the phone upstairs with him and gone to have a word with Tommy.

It's obvious that this was all purposely contrived to move the storyline along, with it securing an almost immediate exit from the Masood's. Stacey said that that Lily was with Mo. Since Stacey wanted to go home to tuck her in, they would also have been at the Masood's. How convenient that Mo didn't appear to see to the one of the twins (or Tommy) while Alfie was tending to the other. It saved money through not needing to pay Laila Morse for a guest appearance, and gave an impression of complete chaos, to make the sudden eviction understandable.

Well I suspect your tongue might be in your cheek on this one but if not, i'll just state for the record that I don't believe in 'bad' genes or that anybody is born evil so any faults in Tommy's behaviour can be down to Michael. There can be a genetic link to mental illness but that generally doesn't manifest in poor behaviour this young. Generally children behave badly because they are unhappy (which is perfectly possible with Tommy right now given what has happened in recent weeks) or they don't know what is acceptable because their parents haven't informed them or there is an undiagnosed issue like ADHD. And judging by alfie's response last night i'd say it's a combination of the first 2.

I for one am not blaming Alfie for the twin he couldn't get to because he was feeding the other one crying. That is always going to happen when one adult with only one pair of hands is trying to look after 2 babies. It was the disrespect he showed to Shabnam by not taking her concerns about Tommy seriously, not offering to speak to him later and finally drinking that I have a problem with.

I bet Alfie wouldn't have liked it if Kamil had started playing with his beloved Capri, perhaps damaging it in the process which is the closest thing to a religion I can think of that Alfie has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    to be fair alfie didn't swindle the money out of masood. he won that in a game of polker fairly.

Masood certainly isn't blameless in that issue but Alfie knew that Mas had taken that money from Tamwar without tamwar's permissio. And somebody (fatboy I think) begged him to back out of the game for Tam's sake and Alfie refused to.

Not actually swindling him no, but certainly not the actions of a 'friend to everybody, heart of gold, cheeky chappie' that Alfie likes to make himself out to be.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie is a self-pitying pathetic loser and user. He deserves to be chucked out by the Masoods. He treated Shabnam like a skivvy in her own home. He doesn't care about his precious twins, or Tommy, or even Kat. All he does is lie and cheat and then whine when he gets caught at it.

He is an abomination and I wish they would kill him off once and for all.

I wish they would axe Alfie now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Masood certainly isn't blameless in that issue but Alfie knew that Mas had taken that money from Tamwar without tamwar's permissio. And somebody (fatboy I think) begged him to back out of the game for Tam's sake and Alfie refused to.

Not actually swindling him no, but certainly not the actions of a 'friend to everybody, heart of gold, cheeky chappie' that Alfie likes to make himself out to be.

I had forgotten that. I just hate how alfie thinks the world owes him everything despite his constant inexcusable behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The bit where Alfie sardonically joked to Shabnam about taking Tommy down the Mosque after she complained that he was wrapped in one of her head scarves was particularly disrespectful I thought. I mean who talks like that in someone else's house?! :o. I'm surprised at how restrained Shabnam was. I don't care how tired or stressed Alfie is from looking after the twins, that's just not on really and only shows how ungrateful he is. He should do well to remember the whole situation is mostly of his own making and stop acting like the whole world against him.

Alfie has become more and more of a prize tw*t over the past few months ever since leaving the Vic. It began with throwing the Vic statue through Phil's window, and then continued with trying to blackmail Aleks over his wife and daughter to keep his market stall open even though it was his own fault it got closed down. Loved it when Aleks put the fool in his place. I mean Alfie's always been a spineless plank of the highest order :D, but now he's a serial lying arsonist and a complete knob.

The fool needs kicking out. He's really not the Masoods' problem. I hope they ask Alfie to go and live in the B&B. It's only a matter of time before Alfie crosses the line and the Masoods have enough of him.

Couldn't agree more. I know it is difficult to think of others when you are very, very stressed, anxious, worried and in alfie's case feeling guilty but you still have to try. And before anybody says I don't know what I'm talking about, no I haven't caused somebody I love to suffer lifelong injuries but I have lost nearly all my possessions in a fire (,ot of my own making), I have suffered from clinical depression, had severe financial problems and suffered close bereavement and without sounding too full of myself, I have never acted so selfishly and ungratefully towards others, especially not those that have gone out of their way to help me when they didn't have to.

I don't think the Masoods will kick him out even though arguably he (and Mo judging from what we've seeen) deserve it because they are in need, there are young children involved and the Masoods are actually the most Christian (in terms of being kind to your neighbours) family in the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shabnam could of tried to explain her headscarf to tommy in sort of a game way or try to encourage him to play something with him to keep him from being bored as that is what Norse kids do.

Alfie however his attitude towards the masoods and stacey is sighs ting and the way he has treated: ronnie, Roxy, Kat, Michael, jack, phil in the past has been digisting

Some of those can't really be defended, but those characters also have their faults. What about the fact that Ronnie stole Tommy in the first place? She was ill, but she also stood back and did nothing as Kat and Alfie split up in the aftermath. What about the fact that Kat and Alfie were kind enough to allow Jack to continue to have contact with Tommy, but he abused their trust by not telling them that he was hiring the best QC for Ronnie? It's widely accepted that Phil gets away with treating too many people like dirt.

I fail to see how Alfie has in any way treated Michael badly, however. If the shoe had been on the other foot and Alfie had slept with Janine and got her pregnant, Michael would probably have killed him. Michael was forgiven for this without so much as a punch that I can recall, which he'd have no doubt got (and likely more) if he'd done that to anyone else. He was also still treated as family by Alfie after that, and even after intentionally seeing that harm came to his brother, and conning Jean out of Alfie (and Kat's) money and lying about it. He also decided on a whim on several occasions that he wanted to build a relationship with Tommy, after promising Alfie that he wouldn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Well I suspect your tongue might be in your cheek on this one but if not, i'll just state for the record that I don't believe in 'bad' genes or that anybody is born evil so any faults in Tommy's behaviour can be down to Michael. There can be a genetic link to mental illness but that generally doesn't manifest in poor behaviour this young. Generally children behave badly because they are unhappy (which is perfectly possible with Tommy right now given what has happened in recent weeks) or they don't know what is acceptable because their parents haven't informed them or there is an undiagnosed issue like ADHD. And judging by alfie's response last night i'd say it's a combination of the first 2.

I for one am not blaming Alfie for the twin he couldn't get to because he was feeding the other one crying. That is always going to happen when one adult with only one pair of hands is trying to look after 2 babies. It was the disrespect he showed to Shabnam by not taking her concerns about Tommy seriously, not offering to speak to him later and finally drinking that I have a problem with.

I bet Alfie wouldn't have liked it if Kamil had started playing with his beloved Capri, perhaps damaging it in the process which is the closest thing to a religion I can think of that Alfie has.

It probably can in soapland, in fairness. Stranger things have happened, like Jack impregnating Ronnie while in a coma, for one.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    To be honest Alfie isn't too bad a person, He did help to search for Ian when he was on the streets, as well as pretended to drop some money so that Heather who was struggling for money, would pick it up.

See I knew there was good in Alfie and i'm sure it's still there deep down!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. I do sympathise with Alfie's predicament. He made a stupid and reckless decision because he was desperate and unfortunately too proud to accept help from anyone unless he really had to. He genuinely thought the house was empty, had no idea the hairspray was in the house, and risked his life to save Kat's when he realised she was still in the house. He's not a malicious person and he was very lucky that nobody died.

But, having said this, I agree that he could be a bit more respectful and grateful to the Masoods and make more of an effort as he is living in someone else's house. Why not rush upstairs with Ernie in his arms and ask Tommy to stop misbehaving?

I agree!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It probably can in soapland, in fairness. Stranger things have happened, like Jack impregnating Ronnie while in a coma, for one.

Yes well Jack's miracle sperm that can impregnate women from a coma is just something I try to blank out!!!!

$Tommy has actually always seemed like a sweet fairly well behaved kid so I think that his actions weren't really that bad. He was probably just bored, not used to spending time in other people's houses so doesn't know the 'rules' about respecting privacy and of course doesn't understand the significance of a Muslim woman's headscarf. He may even have just thought they looked pretty on shabnam and wanted to play with one himself or put it on Lily or something. I really don't think there was any 'bad blood' involved in it. But Alfie should have shown Shabnam more consideration and taken steps to explain to Tommy that he is only allowed in whatever room he is sleeping in, bathroom, lounge and not to play with things without asking permission first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's been a disrectful knob since ronnie returned. Sooner he's killed off the better. Totally unreedemable t**t.

So that means it's Ronnie's fault he's being a knob! :-D:-D

Alfie can be redeemed but TPTB just can't be arsed with him because they are so far up the Carters' arses!
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ronnie loved it. She didn't have to suffer his boring foreplay. :D
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Ronnie loved it. She didn't have to suffer his boring foreplay. :D

Jack looks like the "suck and slam" sort of shag, nothing imaginative there.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Jack looks like the "suck and slam" sort of shag, nothing imaginative there.

:D:D True, jeez, I bet Derek was the same. Poor Kat.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie's ingratitude to the Masoods is really pissing me off actually. I mean talk about making yourself at home. Poor Shabnam being talked to dismissively like that by idiot Alfie. They should chuck the bloody arsonist out. I just wish they knew he was one though!