• Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The oprah creature looks like an alien.

There. Said it. Had to.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tess is better then Alex. Fern is better then Alex.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oprah. :( :yawn:

Personally , thought she was a great guest .
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »

Yes, she was genuinely lovely.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oprah suprised me. She was great, and the film looks brill.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not often TOS has a legend such as Oprah on! Such a charming lady aswell. I find her so fascinating and watchable. And coupled with Daniel Radcliffe, was that the best line up they've ever had on a single show?
  • CroftCroft Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The oprah creature looks like an alien.

There. Said it. Had to.

No you didn't (as it's not true ), but it makes you look big and clever so well done .
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught first half before Corrie. They must have pulled some doozy of a deal to get Oprah and Daniel on the same time. Tess is head and shoulders above Alex when it comes to the show, give her a real deal I say. I found it quite watchable tonight which is more than can be said for whenever Alex is there with Matt. It's just nicey nicey overload with the two of them and Matt I prefer to Alex so even when Chris is there on Fridays, it's still not as good as I'd like it.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »

I think she takes herself too seriously. Also, and I know she didn't have to do anything with this, the 5 minute tribute clip with the quotes was way over the top.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Tess was quite enjoyable and worked well with Matt. They definitely need to alternate their female presenters like they do with Matt and Chris. Fern was ok as well earlier in the week.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Oprah was wonderful. That car giveaway show looked fantastic. And Tess did really well in the presenting role.
  • HermioneHermione Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I think Daniel and Oprah came across really well and Tess did a very good job. Didn't get the impression that Oprah was too impressed with Matt's face cream confession...
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Tess is better then Alex. Fern is better then Alex.

They are all different from each other, I think you can be sure that if Fearn or Tess took over then there would soon be the usual moans about them.

Has Tess Daly done similar types of programme previously, I can imagine someone higher up in the BBC wondering about a chat show for her?
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    They are all different from each other, I think you can be sure that if Fearn or Tess took over then there would soon be the usual moans about them.

Has Tess Daly done similar types of programme previously, I can imagine someone higher up in the BBC wondering about a chat show for her?

Some people would moan because they don't like them anyway, but they are clearly better presenters than Alex. She's been there 3 years now and shows very little sign of improvement. She seems a nice enough person, but she can't cope with being an anchor on live TV. She should do a show where she doesn't have to interview people.

Tess has done lots of Live TV of course. The only similar thing that she's done to The One Show is SMTV Live that I can think of.

I though Oprah was lovely. I always find it sweet when such a big guest has learnt the presenters' names.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's quite funny. Every time Alex Jones is out of the studio and they get a guest presenter in the guest presenter always gets more praise than Jones whether it be
    Louise Minchin
    Zoe Ball
    Tess Daly
    even Fearn Cotton

I think even Millican stood in for her a one point but maybe she hasn't got the fan base just yet :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's quite funny. Every time Alex Jones is out of the studio and they get a guest presenter in the guest presenter always gets more praise than Jones whether it be
    Louise Minchin
    Zoe Ball
    Tess Daly
    even Fearn Cotton

I think even Millican stood in for her a one point but maybe she hasn't got the fan base just yet :D

Louise Minchin really should've got the job she's perfect!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Jones's voice makes my ears bleed, that's the first problem. The second problem is that half the time she seems uninterested in the conversation/interview.
    The third is that she seems like an airhead.
    Apart from that..... I'm no big fan of Tess Daley but she seemed a good stand in. Louise Minchin was always good as well.
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Jones's voice makes my ears bleed, that's the first problem. The second problem is that half the time she seems uninterested in the conversation/interview.The third is that she seems like an airhead.
    Apart from that..... I'm no big fan of Tess Daley but she seemed a good stand in. Louise Minchin was always good as well.

That is the one thing that I find with Alex - she seems to half-listen and give a half-hearted response to any conversation. Maybe she is too distracted by the earpiece and is not able to keep up with what is happening before her. After around two years though, she should have got the hang of things!

I don't think that she is a 'airhead' though.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    That is the one thing that I find with Alex - she seems to half-listen and give a half-hearted response to any conversation. Maybe she is too distracted by the earpiece and is not able to keep up with what is happening before her. After around two years though, she should have got the hang of things!

She does three hours of live TV a week, things go wrong and people make mistakes on live TV. Some people manage to make a mess of programmes and interviews that are pre-recorded and edited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    She does three hours of live TV a week, things go wrong and people make mistakes on live TV. Some people manage to make a mess of programmes and interviews that are pre-recorded and edited.

Give someone else a go and you'll see how bad she is!
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »

Agree.

Not even air inside that head of hers.

Vacuumhead seems more apt.

Unwatchable and vastly over-promoted.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A crass moment just now on The One Show, sums the whole thing up really.

Having a serious and quite interesting discussion about JFK on the anniversary of his assassination tonight, and all of a sudden and without warning in the middle of the chat with Jack Dee and a female reporter, host Chris Evans suddenly carps "OK then open your top and show us your T shirt" and on it was to a banal and totally different topic without so much as a decent pause for breath. Just the type of behaviour that makes shows like this seems so preposterous.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    There was a classic moment the other night. Just as Adam Hills was about to give his punchline to a joke Baker cut him off in his tracks to goto a live report :D

I could just imagine the face on Hills as he had to sit there in the studio in silence :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the one show, is it's format. Pack as much in as possible.
    Both regular presenters are lightweight and often "jump" as soon as the director calls the shot, with never a thought at what is actually going on in the studio.