Options

Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent episodes last night and scenes between Calra and Rob.

Ali is such a fantastic actress. I felt really sad during the confession of rob, Carla has been put in a terrible position, two men she loves and she realistically has to choose, this will haunt her long time, do hope there is some happy ending for her.

Hope Ali gets awards for her dramatic storylines of late, she really deserves it.
  • Options
    Carla-esqueCarla-esque Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1542613
    I know it's random, but I came across this thread for the first time in a while, reminded me of how much we need the old Carla back. :( :cool:
  • Options
    Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1542613
    I know it's random, but I came across this thread for the first time in a while, reminded me of how much we need the old Carla back. :( :cool:
    I love Carla's wit. Ali said in an interview recently that Carla is going to start being really witty and funny around Roy, which I'm really looking forward to. Her one liners combined with Roy's reaction will be brilliant TV. Hopefully now all the Tina drama is finally coming to an end we'll see more of that side to her again. I love vulnerable Carla, but she, and Ali deserves some comedy now.

On that note, I'm really hoping Carla isn't involved in this mini bus crash involving the underworld staff. Surely the poor woman has suffered enough for the foreseeable? However if it all ties in with Steve and Michelle, and if its true that twelve people are involved then I've got a horrible feeling she will be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is ridiculous the amount she gets put through, but I want her to be involved because I want her to be involved in big stories. Hopefully she won't be too hurt if she is and can focus on helping others, that would be good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holz_ wrote: »
    Ali said in an interview recently that Carla is going to start being really witty and funny around Roy, which I'm really looking forward to. Her one liners combined with Roy's reaction will be brilliant TV.
    I missed that! :) Hopefully the writers won't screw it up like they keep doing, as you say it would be fantastic TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so disappointed with the rob exit - why wasn't there a goodbye between him and carla surely that would have been expected! this writer / producer is crap!

However Ali is playing a blinder all through this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It bugged me that throughout all of this we've seen Rob as a loyal but ultimately flawed person who cares about the people close to him, and yet as soon as Carla went to the police which, if he'd given it a second's thought he'd have realised she had to, he berates her for "betraying" him, disowns her and makes it clear he despises her. He did the same to Tracy as well, so I guess they were trying to make him out to be the same selfish,self-entitled idiot he was when he first came into the show, but it ultimately threw 2 years of character progression right out the window in those final scenes.

As for this Carla/Tracy rivalry they're trying to force on us, it's so fabricated and forced it's almost funny. Sure they've never got on, but Tracy did exactly the same thing as Carla (ie eventually realized she had to go to the police and against Rob) and her justifications for blaming Carla are just pathetic. I get that she's looking for someone to blame but if this does turn into the new "Ken and Mike" as Ali said, then it's going to be on very flimsy ground.

Looking forward to the (final) carter scenes on monday, though. It'll be sad to see Peter go but as I've said before I really can't see any way they'd ever realistically have a shot at making it work after everything that's happened.

I liked the scene with Carla and Leanne on friday, too. It gave me some hope they may eventually forge some kind of friendship again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I didn’t mind Rob’s exit but I was hoping for something better. The Rob and Carla scenes on his stag night were staggeringly good, though.

I just read about the Peter and Carla showdown on Monday which apparently involves Peter giving a heartfelt speech and begging Carla for one more chance... Surely this is the kind of scene that should have been a part of the affair reveal.

So far I've found the Tracy/Carla sl very frustrating. Even before the wedding, Tracy was annoyingly blaming Carla for everything and now it's ten times worse. Having said that, I am curious about where the writers will be taking the sl. Tracy may be determined to destroy Carla but I think Carla will only be pushed so far. I'd just like to know what the plan is for them long term.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I have to say given what we've lost for this entire storyline and had to put up with on screen (something rather beautiful :o) the climax, Rob's exit and the demise of Carter has been completely disappointing in my eyes.
    It bugged me that throughout all of this we've seen Rob as a loyal but ultimately flawed person who cares about the people close to him, and yet as soon as Carla went to the police which, if he'd given it a second's thought he'd have realised she had to, he berates her for "betraying" him, disowns her and makes it clear he despises her. He did the same to Tracy as well, so I guess they were trying to make him out to be the same selfish,self-entitled idiot he was when he first came into the show, but it ultimately threw 2 years of character progression right out the window in those final scenes.

As for this Carla/Tracy rivalry they're trying to force on us, it's so fabricated and forced it's almost funny. Sure they've never got on, but Tracy did exactly the same thing as Carla (ie eventually realized she had to go to the police and against Rob) and her justifications for blaming Carla are just pathetic. I get that she's looking for someone to blame but if this does turn into the new "Ken and Mike" as Ali said, then it's going to be on very flimsy ground.

Looking forward to the (final) carter scenes on monday, though. It'll be sad to see Peter go but as I've said before I really can't see any way they'd ever realistically have a shot at making it work after everything that's happened.

I found that odd too! He obviously would be upset about being uncovered like that at his wedding, but surely he could see quite clearly how Carla didn't have much choice. To get him out of the show and not seem like Carla not visiting him would be weird I suppose they thought that was the best option. Weird though and it does sort of make his character progression a bit pointless.

I agree with this rivalry. Yes they've never really got on, Tracy's always been a bit jealous and spiteful towards Carla but I don't see them feuding to the level that has been suggested by Ali and SB. Tracy was the one who gave up Rob, would she of preferred to have married him and then found out he was a killer? She did exactly the same thing as Carla, perhaps even worse leading the police directly to him so I don't understand the motive behind the anger. It's not like it was Carla's affair that was the catalyst for all of this, it was Peter's and she doesn't seem to have any animosity towards him.

I am looking forward to the Underworld stuff coming up, and Carla is on the front of the 2015 Inside Soap Yearbook looking happy, so if anyone happens to get that I wonder if theres any spoilers or if they just chose her for the front cover to sell the book :D.

I just caught up with Monday's and tonight's Corrie. Really sad actually, especially that Carla couldn't even muster up enough feelings to really get angry. She seemed completely shut off from him which is understandable but it is sad we won't get any emotional scenes between the two. I suppose we just have the touching scene with Simon to look forward too on Friday. Weird thinking that their last kiss will be that drunken, angry one they shared after Tina had died.
    Scarlettj wrote: »
    I didn’t mind Rob’s exit but I was hoping for something better. The Rob and Carla scenes on his stag night were staggeringly good, though.

I just read about the Peter and Carla showdown on Monday which apparently involves Peter giving a heartfelt speech and begging Carla for one more chance... Surely this is the kind of scene that should have been a part of the affair reveal.

So far I've found the Tracy/Carla sl very frustrating. Even before the wedding, Tracy was annoyingly blaming Carla for everything and now it's ten times worse. Having said that, I am curious about where the writers will be taking the sl. Tracy may be determined to destroy Carla but I think Carla will only be pushed so far. I'd just like to know what the plan is for them long term.

They were incredible scenes on the stag night, great performances from both of them tbh.
    Agree with everything you've said about Tracy, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SayNothing wrote: »

I just caught up with Monday's and tonight's Corrie. Really sad actually, especially that Carla couldn't even muster up enough feelings to really get angry. She seemed completely shut off from him which is understandable but it is sad we won't get any emotional scenes between the two. I suppose we just have the touching scene with Simon to look forward too on Friday. Weird thinking that their last kiss will be that drunken, angry one they shared after Tina had died.

I thought this too, I thought the scenes were really sad, I thought Chris was great, he showed Peters desperation so well. It was a shame Carla was so closed off like you say, I suppose in the time they've been apart she's been working hard trying not to care - although deep down of course she still does. It's a shame it all happened but honestly if Chris wanted to leave they would have had to split Carter up anyway, and I don't think there's much Peter could have done that Carla wouldn't forgive.

I'm hoping there might be a goodbye scene between them on Friday but as nothing has been mentioned, I doubt it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found that odd too! He obviously would be upset about being uncovered like that at his wedding, but surely he could see quite clearly how Carla didn't have much choice. To get him out of the show and not seem like Carla not visiting him would be weird I suppose they thought that was the best option. Weird though and it does sort of make his character progression a bit pointless.
    Call me naive but could we not just have the odd mention of Carla having visited Rob, and enabled a bit more a heartfelt parting on screen? I mean ok Carla went to the police but she also gave him the chance to run, more than Tracey did actually. I still wanted for Carla to help Rob flee and call the police afterwards, playing dumb, but I guess she'd have been hated doing that. I just fail to see why Rob had to be so angry and selfish at the end, when it could've easily ended on far better grounds. I'm assuming there'll be no mention of Rob's trial, if there is one, or him ever again now really other than Tracey moaning at Carla.

I was surprised by the lack of reaction to the reveal that Rob killed Tina, too. No one, even Tracey or Ken, seemed bothered about why or how he'd done it. Even Rita barely seemed to care.

I had mixed feelings about Monday's scenes. On the one hand I get why Carla was so off with Peter, and don't blame her at all, but then for their final proper conversation I hoped for some acknowledgment of everything they'd been through up to that point. There was a time when Carla absolutely worshiped Peter, which was part of what made the affair so awful in the first place, and I was hoping for some kind of recognition of that. Maybe we'll get that on Friday, but it sounds like it'll be more Carla comforting Simon than anything, so I won't hold my breath.

Also, I said this on Twitter at the time but this is what, the third, fourth time we've had someone physically block Carla's exit or pin her into a corner, in the last few years? And every time, we've seen the same expression on her face showing she's having the same flashbacks as us, yet no verbal acknowledgment other than the "I've had worse done to me" line with Peter, which bugs me.

It'll be sad to see Peter go, and I really do hope Chris come back eventually, but for now I think leaving is best for Peter/Chris to maintain the character and stop everyone getting sick of him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved tonight's second episode. :) The scene with the devil child, and the way Carla (finally) told Tracey where to stick it.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Call me naive but could we not just have the odd mention of Carla having visited Rob, and enabled a bit more a heartfelt parting on screen? I mean ok Carla went to the police but she also gave him the chance to run, more than Tracey did actually. I still wanted for Carla to help Rob flee and call the police afterwards, playing dumb, but I guess she'd have been hated doing that. I just fail to see why Rob had to be so angry and selfish at the end, when it could've easily ended on far better grounds. I'm assuming there'll be no mention of Rob's trial, if there is one, or him ever again now really other than Tracey moaning at Carla.

I was surprised by the lack of reaction to the reveal that Rob killed Tina, too. No one, even Tracey or Ken, seemed bothered about why or how he'd done it. Even Rita barely seemed to care.

I had mixed feelings about Monday's scenes. On the one hand I get why Carla was so off with Peter, and don't blame her at all, but then for their final proper conversation I hoped for some acknowledgment of everything they'd been through up to that point. There was a time when Carla absolutely worshiped Peter, which was part of what made the affair so awful in the first place, and I was hoping for some kind of recognition of that. Maybe we'll get that on Friday, but it sounds like it'll be more Carla comforting Simon than anything, so I won't hold my breath.

Also, I said this on Twitter at the time but this is what, the third, fourth time we've had someone physically block Carla's exit or pin her into a corner, in the last few years? And every time, we've seen the same expression on her face showing she's having the same flashbacks as us, yet no verbal acknowledgment other than the "I've had worse done to me" line with Peter, which bugs me.

It'll be sad to see Peter go, and I really do hope Chris come back eventually, but for now I think leaving is best for Peter/Chris to maintain the character and stop everyone getting sick of him.

BIB: Personally I'd put that down to Alison King knowing her character and being able to emote better than the script provides for. She can emote so well , so subtly. Which considering Corrie storyliners don't seem to do subtle much these days is a real blessing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree re people blocking Carla's exit. I think explicit acknowledgement would detract from the acting. In the scene with Rob we did have him realising she was scared of him.

I have just caught up with Friday's Corrie. Great acting from Alison King and I liked the scene with Carla, Simon and Peter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read Ali won a Award im so Chuffed for her.

I cant believe Carla is gonna be involved in the Crash is there no end to that poor womans misery????

More amazing acting from Ali though :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random question - Is Ali related to Claire King in some way>??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    BIB: Personally I'd put that down to Alison King knowing her character and being able to emote better than the script provides for. She can emote so well , so subtly. Which considering Corrie storyliners don't seem to do subtle much these days is a real blessing.
    Oh definitely. I'd highly doubt any of those little looks were scripted or down to the director. It's been so apparent in recent months how much better Ali is than the writing for the show. She really deserves to move on and go into some kind of big tv drama, but I'm selfish and I'd miss Carla.
    I agree re people blocking Carla's exit. I think explicit acknowledgement would detract from the acting. In the scene with Rob we did have him realising she was scared of him.
    It would have obviously if they'd say down and started discussing it there and then, but some kind of line like "and if I needed another reason..." Would've been good IMO. I don't know, it just bugs me how the whole thing was forgotten about as soon as Carla and Peter got together properly, bar a few casual mentions from people like Michelle. In reality something like that would've had far longer lasted effects and as much as I know a soap has limited screen time, I would've really liked a bit of contunity over something as sensitive as a rape.
    I have just caught up with Friday's Corrie. Great acting from Alison King and I liked the scene with Carla, Simon and Peter.
    I really liked that too, and I'm glad Simon finally started to see Carla as something other than the wicked stepmother, alibet too late. It seemed fittingly ironic that so much tension in their relationship and perhaps even Peter's affair was partly caused by Carla and Simon not getting on, and then lo and behold as soon as they split, that side of things works out. I think Peter realised then he could've had this great little family had he not had that stupid affair.
    I just read Ali won a Award im so Chuffed for her.
    I know it was only RTS, but any acknowledgment of Ali's talent is always a bonus!
    I cant believe Carla is gonna be involved in the Crash is there no end to that poor womans misery????
    Has it actually been confirmed that she's involved? I know she's been suggested by magazines etc but I assumed that was just speculation because it's an Underworld thing and Carla basically is Underworld? Having said that, especially if this is all wrapped up with Steve and Michelle, it would make sense for her to involved, probably seriously hurt as well >:(
    Random question - Is Ali related to Claire King in some way>??
    Not that I'm aware of?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's been confirmed holz there's an article on DS not sure of the extent of her involvement do hope it's nothing serious
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/pictured-corrie-scoops-two-top-8117736

Ali taking her award, for anyone who hasnt seen it. bless her lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Oh definitely. I'd highly doubt any of those little looks were scripted or down to the director. It's been so apparent in recent months how much better Ali is than the writing for the show. She really deserves to move on and go into some kind of big tv drama, but I'm selfish and I'd miss Carla.

I completely agree with this. She could hold her own against the likes of Sarah Lancashire and Suranne Jones who have gone onto pretty big things since Corrie. Her acting is quite clearly above most on the programme and she really does bring out the best in those who work with her. For instance I hadn't taken much notice of Luke but her scenes with him were surprisingly good and they felt like they had depth. I understand why she has stayed with Corrie for so long, with her daughter being quite young, but a part of me would love to see her star in a big tv drama. Like you said though, I would miss Carla but she could always come back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved the bench scene with Peter, Carla and Simon, too. Peter's exit was very low key and amicable but I preferred it to Rob's.
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/pictured-corrie-scoops-two-top-8117736

Ali taking her award, for anyone who hasnt seen it. bless her lol

I am so happy she won! :) Her performances have truly been amazing and it's great to see her hard work being rewarded this year.
    I completely agree with this. She could hold her own against the likes of Sarah Lancashire and Suranne Jones who have gone onto pretty big things since Corrie. Her acting is quite clearly above most on the programme and she really does bring out the best in those who work with her. For instance I hadn't taken much notice of Luke but her scenes with him were surprisingly good and they felt like they had depth. I understand why she has stayed with Corrie for so long, with her daughter being quite young, but a part of me would love to see her star in a big tv drama. Like you said though, I would miss Carla but she could always come back.

I agree with you and Holz. I would undoubtedly miss Carla but admittedly, I would love to see Ali take on other roles, too. I got a bit excited when she told DS that she'd love to work with Chris again in Corrie or 'something else'. It would be a shame if she wanted to leave right now, though.

The scenes with Luke were great. I wasn't really expecting there to be a spark between them because ultimately, those scenes were about Carla trying to convince Peter, and herself, that she was moving on and didn't want him anymore. But they were nicely written scenes and there was a spark, which is partly why I suspect that something could happen between them in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so quiet in here :-O
  • Options
    princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Most of us are still lurking about, I'm sure. But, it's hard to rustle up the enthusiasm with the demise of Carter. And, personally I only ever watch Corrie for the greatness that is Ali King, nowadays. I may pop in from time-to-time though. :)

Merry Christmas folks! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True. Lovely scenes with Carla and Roy on Monday :)

Merry Christmas! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was great when Carla stuck up for Roy against those teens. It's nice that they are close.

I was laughing at her when she had a go at that kid 'Youre a Pimpley little nobody with bad dress sense' LOL well it was along those lines anyway!

She always does this look when shes angry and you know shes going to lash out - Shes fab.