Toshiba RDXV60 problem

ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm wondering if anyone had or has one of these and has had a similar problem to the one I am having.

Basically, only some of the functions are working. Sometimes I cannot switch it on or off via the remote and cannot get into the HDD and DVD menus. I don't know if it's a problem with the remote or the unit itself or the remote. I can't complain if it is the unit as I have had plenty of use out of it, but I don't know whether it's worth spending money on another remote and finding that doesn't work rather than just buying a new one altogether.

Comments

• Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Have you tried replacing the batteries?
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that was the first thing I did!
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Do the functions work on the front panel of the device?

Meaning, if you can't switch it off/access the menu(s) via the remote, can you access them via the front panel of the player.

If you can this could point to a problem with the remote or IR sensor of the player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's only an on/off switch on the unit - the rest of it is controlled by the remote control. Some functions on the remote control work okay, others don't. I can change channel, change to hdd/dvd/vcr, but the menu button/play/fast forward/rewind, etc don't work.
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClareB wrote: »
    I can change channel, change to hdd/dvd/vcr, but the menu button/play/fast forward/rewind, etc don't work.

Which is what you would get if you didn't have a videotape/DVD disc in place, and video or DVD was selected as the source.

Are you trying to fast forward something that isn't there?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the remote control come apart easily, eg screws on the bottom holding the case together? If so have a go at taking it apart. If it uses a membrane keypad - rubber sheet with loads of dimples under the buttons - peel the rubber sheet off and clean the underside of it and the circuit board it sits on carefully with a barely damp cloth. Dry it all off and reassemble.

I have known gunge build up under these types of keypad and stop various buttons working. So might get the remote working again. If that fails it's only 13 quid or so to replace...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Control-TOSHIBA-RDXV60KB-Batteries/dp/B007DV2KFM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't unscrew the remote control, so I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a new one.. Thanks for the link, although that is different from the one I've got. The one exactly the same as mine is nearly twice that price. Hopefully it will work.