Which phone is worth getting?

13»

Comments

• tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    It would probably depend on the phone. But if someone had said that about any of the top end Android phones then yes, it would have been equally ridiculous.

I have an HTC One and an iPhone 5. IMO for a whole number of reasons the iPhone is more useful (i.e. the opposite of useless). However, if I came on this forum and said IMO the HTC One is a useless piece of c*ap of course I would get shouted down and for good cause because despite its shortcomings the HTC One is still a good useful phone.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    And far superior to the iPhone 5 even with its"shortcomings" ;)

You may be mocked granted for such a view but it would be highly unlikely that the hive mentality would kick in as it does with apple criticism. This thread being case in point.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I started a thread saying I want a new phone but not that shitty plastic offerings from Samsung or Google. And I don't want a HTC because there useless.

Your telling me there wouldn't be a backlash? Lol Quit while your not ahead.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    So I'm not sure how you waited 8 months as you say? Samsung updated the os for the ace 2 but then didn't update the actual phone for 8 months that sounds a little bizarre are you sure you have this right?

Jelly Bean was release in July 2012. Samsung announced JB for the ace 2 in October 2012. I bought my phone in November 2012. JB arrived on my phone in late June 2013.

I'm sure you will try and spin this into a good thing:rolleyes:

I'll stick with my view. In my experience updates to Samsung phones are terrible. It didn't stop me buying a second one, but it is a major flaw in the android/Samsung approach.
    Forum Member
    You mean Google released jelly bean for its nexus devices in July, not sure how that is related to a phone running touchwiz. You do realise they are not the same thing don't you :confused:

Samsung phones run on an os of their own which although based on android is not compatible with the Google release so I am unsure why you think the Google release of their os has any bearing.

In any event you got your update and as a worst case scenario waited no longer than you would have on the ios once a year schedule.

Really can't see what your issue is and obviously nothing major as you bought another although that does surprise me with you as apple seems your preferred choice judging by all your posts.

And no spin in sight ;)
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    You mean Google released jelly bean for its nexus devices in July, not sure how that is related to a phone running touchwiz. You do realise they are not the same thing don't you :confused:

Samsung phones run on an os of their own which although based on android is not compatible with the Google release so I am unsure why you think the Google release of their os has any bearing.

In any event you got your update and as a worst case scenario waited no longer than you would have on the ios once a year schedule.

Really can't see what your issue is and obviously nothing major as you bought another although that does surprise me with you as apple seems your preferred choice judging by all your posts.

And no spin in sight ;)

Well done, you have done a good job of explaining the major flaw I was referring to.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    Well it was just an opinion OK?:rolleyes:

Why did the iPhone fans have to turn it in to this? All I wanted was some suggestions for good phones. You could've just stayed out of the thread:mad:

Anyway thanks to all the people who were nice enough to post constructive answers:)

Because you wanted them to :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    Jelly Bean was release in July 2012. Samsung announced JB for the ace 2 in October 2012. I bought my phone in November 2012. JB arrived on my phone in late June 2013.

Are you on a T-Mobile contract, by any chance?
    Forum Member
    Well done, you have done a good job of explaining the major flaw I was referring to.

See no flaw there perhaps your confused as usual
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you see it as a flaw with the phone, but to be honest, if you'd spent more time on here before choosing a phone, you would probably have seen that you picked the wrong device. Clearly timely updates are important to you, so a Nexus S or Nexus 4 would have been better choices for you.

By buying a device with manufacturer customisations, and carrier customisations, you leave yourself at the mercy of those people and their "whenever we get round to it" timetable.

The vast majority of ordinary users won't care about updates, or even be bothered that they're out there. It's a tiny niche of people, like those who frequent forums like this who want the latest Android updates as soon as they're out. Those people either buy a Nexus or they root their phones and add custom ROMs from XDA Devs!

Samsung/your provider won't rush to get updates to you because they're catering to the masses, most of whom will remain blissfully unaware until the update pops up on their phone!
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because you wanted them to :yawn:

I was just saying why I didn't want an iPhone.:yawn:

If you aren't going to post any suggestions then please leave the thread.

I DO NOT WANT AN IPHONE AND DO NOT LIKE THEM!
    So please accept that and move on:)
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    I was just saying why I didn't want an iPhone.:yawn:

If you aren't going to post any suggestions then please leave the thread.

I DO NOT WANT AN IPHONE AND DO NOT LIKE THEM!
    So please accept that and move on:)

Ahhh yeah but you didn't put it that way in your first post of the thread did you. Had you done that then nobody would have said a word......
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Ahhh yeah but you didn't put it that way in your first post of the thread did you. Had you done that then nobody would have said a word......

Oh yes he would have by a certain few!!!

I said i didn't my iphone when i had one and got absolutely slammed for it!! As have others on here.
This discussion has been closed.