Dave Gorman's Modern Life Is Goodish

Comments

• stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if the content of this thread ends up in a found poem one day... Although to be honest we're not very amusing :/
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    What's the name of the music played to the poem? It sounds familliar but I cant quite place it :o
    I guess mutiple sink strainers could be useful if 1 is blocked, but 6 of them? Really? On occasion the 'multiple things' for £1 can be useful :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    What's the name of the music played to the poem? It sounds familliar but I cant quite place it :o
    I guess mutiple sink strainers could be useful if 1 is blocked, but 6 of them? Really? On occasion the 'multiple things' for £1 can be useful :D
    They looked like different sizes to me. I don't know if that was just the angle of the photo. I don't even know if sink holes come in different sizes :D

I guess they do cause bath ones do.....don't they? :o
    Forum Member
    Good episode so far
    Loved the bit about Dave buying a 'pullover' for his dad and it had the Hello headline printed on it, LOL :D
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Good episode so far
    Loved the bit about Dave buying a 'pullover' for his dad and it had the Hello headline printed on it, LOL :D

He missed a joke when he said something along the lines of "it's OK"

Slow burner this ep - not as many LOL moments for me, but still 15 mins to go.

Favourite moment so far : "My husband doesn't wear a wedding ring, and neither do I. Especially in the summer."

I do wonder what Mr Gorman would think of the ridiculous "that's so primetime" bumpers around his programme. Also the Werthers' Original ad - "I remember my favourite caramel shop" - meaning she frequented more than one caramel shop. There's MORE THAN ONE caramel shop near where she lives??
    Forum Member
    I suspect that he knows how the business works and is happy enough to have the channel commission/buy the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out I'm a male FOZBERP.
  • lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Near the end the camera panned to the audience and I spotted the man who won the £140 last week. Looked like he was wearing the same clothes as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lybertyne wrote: »
    Near the end the camera panned to the audience and I spotted the man who won the £140 last week. Looked like he was wearing the same clothes as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if the episodes were recorded over a couple of days, therefore approx 2-4 episodes per recording bloc. 2-4 hours isn't a long time for an audience to sit, especially for free.
    Forum Member
    MeicY wrote: »
    He missed a joke when he said something along the lines of "it's OK"

Slow burner this ep - not as many LOL moments for me, but still 15 mins to go.

Favourite moment so far : "My husband doesn't wear a wedding ring, and neither do I. Especially in the summer."

I do wonder what Mr Gorman would think of the ridiculous "that's so primetime" bumpers around his programme. Also the Werthers' Original ad - "I remember my favourite caramel shop" - meaning she frequented more than one caramel shop. There's MORE THAN ONE caramel shop near where she lives??

In the 'flashback' the little girl looks far older than five and appears to be caked in make-up :o
    I think Mr. Gorman would have something to say about the disturbing Just Eat chefs too :o
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised if the episodes were recorded over a couple of days, therefore approx 2-4 episodes per recording bloc. 2-4 hours isn't a long time for an audience to sit, especially for free.

He said yesterday that they record two shows a day so audience is same
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really liking this show.
    Next weeks' is about The Internet.
    Should be good :)
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So true about greetings card manufacturers creating a demand. Every year there seem to be more Easter cards available, what next?
    Shrove Tuesday cards? Ascension Sunday cards? 2nd Wednesday after Pentecost?
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    So true about greetings card manufacturers creating a demand. Every year there seem to be more Easter cards available, what next?

I thought the greetings card section was the funniest bit of last night's show, especially the "Congratulations on your new washing machine" card.

It think is was funny just because it is so OTT, yet we all know that the card companies would print these cards if they though there would be a profit in them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We already have "congratulations on your divorce" and "happy wedding day mummy" (i.e. to a new daddy) cards.

Won't someone PLEASE think of the trees.....
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't someone PLEASE think of the trees.....
    That's an important message, perhaps it should be put on a card?

We could have a "Please Think of the Trees" day. :p
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    That's an important message, perhaps it should be put on a card?

We could have a "Please Think of the Trees" day. :p

There was an episode of The Apprentice where they had to come up with a new card. One team actually did do an "earth day" one - not unsurprisingly, they lost.:D
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »

I don't know, our family have always sent Easter cards (much to my own bemusement!) - I didn't think it was a recent thing.
    Forum Member
    I did like the 'Happy Father's Day from Granddad' and 'Great Granddad' cards :D
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Dave Gorman wasn't very funny but this series is pretty good. Very inventive and certainly not your typical stand up routine.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it, surprisingly.
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very funny. I'm looking forward to seeing him on tour next year now :)
  • xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bit about Hello! magazine was hilarious, although I noted they were thanked in the credits. I suspect they were probably in on the gag. Maybe.
    Forum Member
    I thought it was an improvement on last week. It must take a lot of effort to write this type of show.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,704
    Forum Member
    Highlight of my week,

The ratings have been very good (for Dave) so here is hoping for a series 2