diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should all be prosecuted for dangerous driving
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was crazy driving. I drive on the M62, M60 & M61 everyday and I'm always seeing ridiculous things like that.

As for those 2 blokes. I see their point, but they look as though they may have moved there after the motorway was built... so I guess the must have realised it was going to be noisy
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call me sad but I love these infrastructure shows - anything about road, railways, buses or airports.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was crazy driving. I drive on the M62, M60 & M61 everyday and I'm always seeing ridiculous things like that.

As for those 2 blokes. I see their point, but they look as though they may have moved there after the motorway was built... so I guess the must have realised it was going to be noisy

I thought that about the 2 families, they must of noticed the motor way. What do they want it moved now they live there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah a TV crew .... here comes the councillor ....
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman driving this car is a bit of an idiot. You're a couple of hundred yards from the junction, get off, don't just stop!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah a TV crew .... here comes the councillor ....

"Would you want that at the bottom of your garden?"

What the M6? No.

I love the M6 Toll. It's worth the money to avoid the car park on the other road.
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    No hard shoulder? Oh no, don't know how we cope...on all those A Roads up and down the country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't really have a great deal of sympathy for those living near the motorway (apart from that older couple). The M6 was there before most of them moved in. Moral of the story: Don't move near a major road if you don't want the noise associated with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of those houses look like new builds .....
  • Options
    Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the silly background music? It's annoying....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy some earplugs .... it's only 4 nights
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that woman just happened to have a blow out while just happening to have a camera in the car while just happening to be on a section of the motorway without a hard shoulder? How convenient!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think they both need a hobby
  • Options
    taskertasker Posts: 4,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of things come to mind watching this.

If the BBC wants to help improve the driving on the roads and do us all a favour, don't blur out the trailers, let the companies be named and shamed.
    Then maybe they will come down on their drivers to act more responsibly.

The people living next to the motorway??
    Bet they drive, bet they complain about the state of the roads.
    And, for gods sake "want a hotel" complain to the mp" shut up for gods sake.
    Only thing better than listening to someone like that moan is them doing it in a Brummie accent.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was strimming, and he strimmed through a bag of human sh!t, went all over him, shouldn't laugh, but :D:D:D
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    So that woman just happened to have a blow out while just happening to have a camera in the car while just happening to be on a section of the motorway without a hard shoulder? How convenient!

I said that at the very beginning of the show. The whole scenario seemed unbelievable. If you got a puncture and were in the position you would just carry on until you had a safe(r) place to stop, you certainly wouldn't stop in a live lane. The distance she traveled will have ruined the tyre anyway so it would have to be replaced anyway.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr and Mrs Croak :D

Noise can't be that bad, as theres only those 2 blokes complaining, we havn't seen anyone else :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    No hard shoulder? Oh no, don't know how we cope...on all those A Roads up and down the country.

Exactly there are plenty of 3 lane (and even some 4 lane) A roads in the country which don't have hard shoulder. They seem to cope fine.
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Mr and Mrs Croak :D

Noise can't be that bad, as theres only those 2 blokes complaining, we havn't seen anyone else :p
    And to be honest they were just complaining for complaining's sake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that at the very beginning of the show. The whole scenario seemed unbelievable. If you got a puncture and were in the position you would just carry on until you had a safe(r) place to stop, you certainly wouldn't stop in a live lane. The distance she traveled will have ruined the tyre anyway so it would have to be replaced anyway.

When she realised she had a puncture, you saw a sign saying 400 yards to next junction. The time she spent panicking must have halved that distance...so she must have been able to see the junction when she stopped!

It's frightening that we share the roads with these people :(
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Call me sad but I love these infrastructure shows - anything about road, railways, buses or airports.

Me too. There have been some good shows this year about the trains and buses so it's good the motorways now have a turn :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to be honest they were just complaining for complaining's sake.

I suppose if a TV crew knock on your door and ask about the motorway noise then you are hardly going to be on the telly if you say "it's fine". They are just going to keep going down the street until they find a professional moaner.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

how come?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how come?

Maybe I'm just sad ;-)

I actually like seeing how things work behind the scenes. The people and operations which keep this country moving that you never normally notice