Options

Itv1 +1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
Forum Member
Hiya,

not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if it has already been posted......

I live in Scotland and there doesn't appear to be an ITV1 +1 channel yet on sky. I had a wee look through google and it should be on channel 131 but it just flashes up as being unavailable.

I don't see why sky, or Scotland, would be any different to everything else....

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosiejdm wrote: »
    Hiya,

not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if it has already been posted......

I live in Scotland and there doesn't appear to be an ITV1 +1 channel yet on sky. I had a wee look through google and it should be on channel 131 but it just flashes up as being unavailable.

Any ideas?

Yep, STV haven't agreed a carriage deal with Sky so it's not available on the Sky EPG.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Yep, STV haven't agreed a carriage deal with Sky so it's not available on the Sky EPG.

I assume the same is true for Northern Ireland, as I'm also getting channel unavailable.
  • Options
    BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume the same is true for Northern Ireland, as I'm also getting channel unavailable.

UTV +1 ? Yep, same problem!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Poor show sky/stv, poor show.

I am fair disappinted with that, was really looking forward to watching stuff an hour later :(
  • Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,952
    Forum Member
    Poor show sky/stv, poor show.

I am fair disappinted with that, was really looking forward to watching stuff an hour later :(

Nothing to do with Sky. They will be offering STV+1 the same deal as ITV+1 or any other operator to be on the epg. Better ask STV why they aren't on. They are not on freesat either even though again they could be if they wanted to.
  • Options
    rossi_drrossi_dr Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Pain in the neck for me too its not viewable on my box
    i only use FSFS With a old bluecard and that has 131 ITV+1 YORK TT

i use the 131 epg to remind me of programmes i want to watch & watch it via
    add chnnels 10.906 V 22.0 5/6 ITV+1 Gra Bdr

strange thing is my other box without a card in the kitchen gets a picture ok on 131
    ITV+1 London
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rossi_dr wrote: »
    A Pain in the neck for me too its not viewable on my box
    i only use FSFS With a old bluecard and that has 131 ITV+1 YORK TT

i use the 131 epg to remind me of programmes i want to watch & watch it via
    add chnnels 10.906 V 22.0 5/6 ITV+1 Gra Bdr

strange thing is my other box without a card in the kitchen gets a picture ok on 131
    ITV+1 London

Take the blue card out and reboot the box - the only thing its doing now is regionalising the epg.
  • Options
    angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with Sky. They will be offering STV+1 the same deal as ITV+1 or any other operator to be on the epg. Better ask STV why they aren't on. They are not on freesat either even though again they could be if they wanted to.
    That's wrong as SKY is pushing an encryption deal and are disallowing STV space on their EPG and STV have already paid their EPG space for Freesat since last year and not being on the platform is costing them money. Both ITV and SKY are squeezing STV out but a recent deal with ITV could see the channel on Freesat very soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    angustay wrote: »
    That's wrong as SKY is pushing an encryption deal and are disallowing STV space on their EPG and STV have already paid their EPG space for Freesat since last year and not being on the platform is costing them money. Both ITV and SKY are squeezing STV out but a recent deal with ITV could see the channel on Freesat very soon.

Not doubting you but do you have a link or any evidence to support those statements. If, for example they have paid Freesat for epg space why are they not on their epg. On what basis are Sky refusing to allow STV HD or STV +1 epg space without encryption (when ITV 1 HD and ITV +1 are unencrypted). They would simply go on 178 and 131 in Scotland same as ITV1 HD and ITV 1 + 1 does in England and Wales.
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiomike wrote: »
    Not doubting you but do you have a link or any evidence to support those statements. If, for example they have paid Freesat for epg space why are they not on their epg. On what basis are Sky refusing to allow STV HD or STV +1 epg space without encryption (when ITV 1 HD and ITV +1 are unencrypted). They would simply go on 178 and 131 in Scotland same as ITV1 HD and ITV 1 + 1 does in England and Wales.
    It's possible 'STV+1' is having the same problem that 'ITV4+1' is now having, no Sky EPG slot.

There's no such excuse for 'STV HD' though.
  • Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

stv HD is being broadcast on a BSkyB transponder, so a lack of EPG listing is down to $ky alone. Rumours suggest that $ky wanted it to be encrypted but stv refused as this deprives them of Freesat availability. So $ky won't allow them on its EPG although stv HD is being broadcast FTA. Assuming it has been $ky hub conformed it could appear on Freesat but would probably still need $ky agreement because they could change stream characteristics without warning. I would say that stv paid for Freesat listing before realising that they had a problem with Big Daddy.

stv+1 is being broadcast on an ITV transponder. All they need is $ky conformance and a $ky EPG number. Then the Freesat EPG listing will follow suit.

UTV is the same except they are not wasting dosh on a HD transponder because there aren't any spare narrow beam ones available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stv HD is being broadcast on a BSkyB transponder, so a lack of EPG listing is down to $ky alone. Rumours suggest that $ky wanted it to be encrypted but stv refused as this deprives them of Freesat availability. So $ky won't allow them on its EPG although stv HD is being broadcast FTA. Assuming it has been $ky hub conformed it could appear on Freesat but would probably still need $ky agreement because they could change stream characteristics without warning. I would say that stv paid for Freesat listing before realising that they had a problem with Big Daddy.

stv+1 is being broadcast on an ITV transponder. All they need is $ky conformance and a $ky EPG number. Then the Freesat EPG listing will follow suit.

UTV is the same except they are not wasting dosh on a HD transponder because there aren't any spare narrow beam ones available.

Is the above purely based on "rumours" or are there any facts to substantiate what you say. I am wary of any remarks by someone who childishly describes Sky as $ky. Why would Sky want STV HD encrypted when ITV1 HD isn't. I don't see stv castigating Sky anywhere about this so find that accusation hard to accept. If it is as you say why doesn't STV HD simply go on freesat. What is stopping that happening.

Most of what you allege just sounds like conjecture and speculation. I can't believe that if Sky was actively obstructing stv they wouldn't be shouting about it. Perhaps they are simply using the satellite as a feed to get the HD signal and indeed the +1 channel to DTT transmitters in Scotland and don't actually want to incur the costs for Sky transmission..

I can think of absolutely no reason why Sky would discriminate between stv and ITV as you appear to assume.
  • Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can think of absolutely no reason why Sky would discriminate between stv and ITV as you appear to assume.

Kindly look at transponder 56 on 2D then and explain why it is so arranged.

ITV1 HD Granada FTA
    ITV1 HD Central West encrypted
    stv HD FTA

It is self explanatory. ITV has no need for encrypted HD regions. BTW the transponder is owned by $ky.

And if you can't understand or explain it, that doesn't mean that others can't either, if their explanation does not fit your view of things. The reality is that $ky will continue to frustrate its competition, Freesat, in any way it can, and as it has done in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kindly look at transponder 56 on 2D then and explain why it is so arranged.

ITV1 HD Granada FTA
    ITV1 HD Central West encrypted
    stv HD FTA

It is self explanatory. ITV has no need for encrypted HD regions. BTW the transponder is owned by $ky.

And if you can't understand or explain it, that doesn't mean that others can't either, if their explanation does not fit your view of things. The reality is that $ky will continue to frustrate its competition, Freesat, in any way it can, and as it has done in the past.

In other words then your views are just based on "rumours" and your own speculation. Thanks for the clarification. It may be self explanatory to you (you are clearly anti-Sky so explanations will be easy to deduce from that starting point) so clearly that makes it fact in your mind. Obviously though you don't know the truth of the position. I have no idea why ITV 1 HD Central West is encrypted on that transponder and I suspect you don't either. Similarly as to the position with STV HD. But let's not let that get in the way of some anti-Sky rhetoric...
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why ITV 1 HD Central West is encrypted on that transponder and I suspect you don't either. Similarly as to the position with STV HD. But let's not let that get in the way of some anti-Sky rhetoric...
    I think someone has already asked ITV, they stated it is because it is going to be moved to Astra 2A/B shortly, probably to be replaced by UTV HD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Hiya,

Any ideas?

As has already been said, UTV+1 & STV+1 are not yet on the Sky EPG, but they can, together with all the other ITV1+1's, be manaually tuned in....
    12402V - ITV1 +1. Yorkshire (27.5-2/3) - Marked Yorks TT
    10891H - ITV1 +1 Central (22/5/6) - Marked Central
    10891H - ITV1 +1 London (22/5/6) - Marked London
    10906V - ITV1 +1 Granada (22/5/6) - Marked Gra Bor
    10906V - ITV1 +1 Meridian S (22-5/6) - Marked South East
    11973V - ITV1 +1 Westcountry (27.5-2/3) - Marked West
    10906V - Marked as 10225 STV +1 (22-5/6)
    10891H - Marked as 10155 UTV1 +1 (22/5/6)
  • Options
    StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11973V - ITV1 +1 Westcountry (27.5-2/3) - Marked West
    It's actually ITV1+1 Wales, marked as 'West'. :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    It's possible 'STV+1' is having the same problem that 'ITV4+1' is now having, no Sky EPG slot.
    I don't see why. EPG 131 is available for STV to use as their +1 channel. It's just a matter fo stumping up the cash to Sky, isn't it?
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see why. EPG 131 is available for STV to use as their +1 channel. It's just a matter fo stumping up the cash to Sky, isn't it?
    True, just realised that 'STV' uses EPG 103, so there's no reason why 'STV+1' couldn't use EPG 131. You're correct, must be down to money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    What I can't figure out is why I can get ITV1+1 on my Freesat box, but get "channel not available/need new card" messages on the Sky box (with old blue card for regional settings)?

Surely if the channel is broadcast in the clear it will be equally accessible to both?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I can't figure out is why I can get ITV1+1 on my Freesat box, but get "channel not available/need new card" messages on the Sky box (with old blue card for regional settings)?

Surely if the channel is broadcast in the clear it will be equally accessible to both?
    Perhaps the region it is looking for is one of those which is encrypted on a Sky transponder, not one of those on Freesat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I just realised that! A quick peruse of Kingofsat shows that only London, Central and Meridian South are FTA. Although both receivers are set up as Westcountry, the Freesat receiver is using Central's feed. I've now tuned it in on the Sky box as an "other channel".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Digi Man wrote: »
    True, just realised that 'STV' uses EPG 103, so there's no reason why 'STV+1' couldn't use EPG 131. You're correct, must be down to money.

Yes thats exactly what it will be down to. I remember when I first got Sky installed channel 103 didn't exist! If you wanted to watch stv you had to switch to council telly. It was a good while before they came on to the EPG & it's one of the many reasons I refuse to watch that embarrassing little channel & watch ITV London on 993 instead.
  • Options
    davebav50davebav50 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can find ITV1+1 on other channels - just add 10891 H 22000 on your box via the set up, add channels menu.
  • Options
    bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davebav50 wrote: »
    You can find ITV1+1 on other channels - just add 10891 H 22000 on your box via the set up, add channels menu.

hi 4 years later I tried all you said but no 'add channel' or store appears so cannot be done