Options

Has the Japan tsunami got anything to do with whaling?

Comments

• Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobobacon wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder if things like the Japan tsunami is natures way of showing how angry it is against countries that kill whales for food. These amazing ancient creatures of the sea I think are sacred beings and I am not sure I believe in karma or not but this did get me thinking.
    Hideous post.
    If you are having a joke or trying to wind people up, it's in extremely poor taste.
    If you are being serious, God help you.
  • Options
    m4rk1m4rk1 Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a confirmed fact that some type of American doomsday weapon operated by shape-shifting lizards caused this.

I'll leave you to guess who's theory this is.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if things like the Japan tsunami is natures way of showing how angry it is against countries that kill whales for food. These amazing ancient creatures of the sea I think are sacred beings and I am not sure I believe in karma or not but this did get me thinking.

Ok I shall bite when my common sense tells me better

Whilst I disgaree with whaling , theres karma and theres karma, and this was of course not karma it was mother nature creating havoc by just acting naturally , causing lots of suffering for no other reason than it is mother nature.

Its something we live with being occupants of this planet, its just some of us are luckier than others that we dont really face such extremes of nature.

Have you fogotten that such waves would also effect the whales ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, get off your moral high horses for god sake.

.........and the Dolphins, they kill them too, in fact the Japanese massacre a fair number of large sea mammals.......

....it's because statistically, their men have very small willies.
    Girth wrote: »
    Seismologists?
    I didn't know people studied them at such great length. It would have to be Girth that knew that :p
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Yes the earthquake and tsunami were caused by the alien probe that arrived at earth to speak to our planets whales. Obviously it did not like what the whales told it. Currently there are several starfleet officers in Los Angeles trying to rescue a couple of whales from a sea life centre so they can transport them to safety. I was riding on a bus yesterday and saw this old thin face guy with a bandana cover his ear's make a punk rocker with a noisy ghetto blaster fall asleep just by touching him, the whole bus cheered at that.

or maybe i just saw it in a movie once........
  • Options
    BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, get off your moral high horses for god sake.

.........and the Dolphins, they kill them too, in fact the Japanese massacre a fair number of large sea mammals.......

....it's because statistically, their men have very small willies.
    Girth wrote: »
    Seismologists?
    ardwark wrote: »
    I didn't know people studied them at such great length. It would have to be Girth that knew that :p

Apparently not.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course it isn't, but just to be as ridiculous as you, consider this - the tsunami was caused by an earthquake under the sea
    The whales live in that very sea.
    What have they done to incur such karmic wrath, do you think?
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    Of course it isn't, but just to be as ridiculous as you, consider this - the tsunami was caused by an earthquake under the sea
    The whales live in that very sea.
    What have they done to incur such karmic wrath, do you think?

It's no use trying to reason with idiots. ;)
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't "nature" just take the people responsible out through disease rather than wiping out thousands of innocent people who have never even seen a whale?
  • Options
    jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking 'no'.

Immediately after thinking NO without even opening the thread, my next question is ... who was this obviously former FM. :( ... and lastly, at this rate how long will he last this time around. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    Wouldn't "nature" just take the people responsible out through disease rather than wiping out thousands of innocent people who have never even seen a whale?

Indeed, that's God's job apparently.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are Glenn Hoddle and I claim my £5.
  • Options
    starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is this thread still here its disgusting
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    I'm confused.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starman700 wrote: »

Maybe the mods have left it here as an example of the ultimate in lame, obvious and stupid trolling..?
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starman700 wrote: »

It may be a hideously dodgy thread posted by someone who appears to be what we used to call a 'div', but it breaks no rules. Then again, neither did the McCann thread earlier. That was deleted.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Y'know when you troll saying that you wouldn't move to the USA because you would miss Take Me Out on tv it's mildly amusing. When you troll on this subject it's not even slightly funny. At least 1000 people dead, tens of thousands unaccounted for. There are some subjects that you do not troll about.

Instead of trying to annoy people, why not spend that time constructively and maybe donate or raise some money for the red cross and help those who are suffering and enduring this horrific tragedy.
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    The mods won't be online 24/7.

They're not robots, they're human beings.
  • Options
    starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    The mods won't be online 24/7.

They're not robots, they're human beings.

True but the thread is hours old,this is not 4chan
  • Options
    SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, while it's true that the Japanese seem intent on hunting every endangered species to extinction, including whales, what they need right now is our support, aid and help - not our judging them.
  • Options
    ste1969ste1969 Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did the cove where the dolphins are herded in and slaughtered (even baby dolphins) get affected.
    i hope it was wiped off the map
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ste1969 wrote: »
    did the cove where the dolphins are herded in and slaughtered (even baby dolphins) get affected.
    i hope it was wiped off the map

Would you also like such sites such as Auschwitz wiped from the map too?
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's because female chefs ran a sushi restaurant, obviously.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ste1969 wrote: »
    did the cove ........

I thought the OP's post was bad, but yours is simply sick....
  • Options
    tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A useful troll identifier is a quick check on the date of joining DS. Need I say more. :)