Joan Armatrading

2»

Comments

• pinkteddyx64pinkteddyx64 Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometime last week, I remember watching The One Show and she didn't make a guest appearance in the studio, but one of cutaways from the studio involved someone interviewing Joan Armatrading herself and when she was asked which she thought was her best song, she said it was "Drop The Pilot".
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    m06een00 wrote: »
    Yes, that is curious. She disappeared for many years from the scene. I thought she had retired and got a normal job. And then she re-appeared a couple of years ago on tv as a pretty nifty lead guitar player. In the old days she just used to rigorously strum the guitar to her songs, but I didn't remember her playing lead then.

She's always been a consummate musician/guitarist (plays a 12 string Ovation acoustic). She also plays a nifty thumb piano! :eek:
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    Like 'Love And Afection' and 'Somebody Loves You' which I heard at the end of an Only Fools And Horses special.My mum calls her Joan Armourplating,think she got it off one of the Djs
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grandparents went to see Joan play a few months back, Drop The Pilot has such a great beat love that track :) She was great at Glasto too!
    Clicky
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I personally preferred her stuff before she went a bit commercial for an album or 2. This is my favourite ever Joan Armatrading song (the album it came from, produced by the legendary Glyn Johns, is an absolute masterpiece).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brp8Va8XVQw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    A fantastic and underrated artist her songs are so truthful and a warm and sincere live performer she even passes her microphone down to audience members to find out about them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Lover loads, been a fan since 1983's 'drop the pilot' hit single