Nurse Jackie - Season 2 in UK?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
Forum Member
Is there any word on when this will be aired in the UK.

Starts tonight in the US, and would be nice to know if this is to shortly follow, especially as BBC showed season one over a very short period. Maybe they wanted to get it out of the way quickly so they could show season 2 ...

:)

Comments

• pognog2pognog2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It stared last week. Being as its shown on BBC2 I would say at least end of the year before they show it BBC are never good at bring shows over quickly
  • joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed out on this having only come to my attention by the last couple of eps.

Does anyone know if there is a channel with 2nd run rights, or if BBC will reshow (most likely). I want to avoid having to get it by other means. ;)
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump this topic but I was wondering if anyone knew of a future airdate for Season 2? Bearing in mind Season 3 is about to air in the US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this topic but I was wondering if anyone knew of a future airdate for Season 2? Bearing in mind Season 3 is about to air in the US.

I was having a look only yesterday to find out this too. I could find no details. :( I thought it was great.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Stuart1000 wrote: »

This is all I could find, they purchased it back in July IIRC.
    Subscribe to the bookmark/update I suppose, I have.
    I'm resisting the urge to download it now if it's already aired.
  • GoldenBoy81GoldenBoy81 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I loved Nurse Jackie! Glad to hear it's getting a 3rd series. I also would like to know when BBC are going to show S2, hopefully right after Christmas
    Forum Member
    I loved Nurse Jackie! Glad to hear it's getting a 3rd series. I also would like to know when BBC are going to show S2, hopefully right after Christmas

Series 1 aired at the tail end of Christmas, beginning of new year didn't it?
    The BBC really need to learn to promote their own product as I suspect this has gone right under the radar.

Then again, it's probably not to everyone's taste as Jackie's no Angel and there are no happy endings to be had here.
  • Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC/Showtime co-production Episodes, created by the co-creators of Friends/Mad About You and starring Matt LeBlanc, is due to begin 10th January. It's a fair bet, coupled with this press release from Wednesday - link bottom right - that Nurse Jackie season 2 will be paired with it. Lead Balloon due back early next year too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/07_july/14/ambitiousdrama.shtml
  • petestanpetestan Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back on saturday 22nd January at 10.40pm after The Tudors.

http://uk-tv-guide.com/programme-details/BBC+2/22+January+2011/22%3A40/Nurse+Jackie/Drama/
  • PerkyPerkinsPerkyPerkins Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Pleased to hear this, I really enjoyed the first series - thanks for the heads up.
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 5,390
    Forum Member
    petestan wrote: »
    It's back on saturday 22nd January at 10.40pm after The Tudors.

http://uk-tv-guide.com/programme-details/BBC+2/22+January+2011/22%3A40/Nurse+Jackie/Drama/

Can't wait! Thanks for posting the air date :D
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Great news - one of my fav shows from last year. Shame we've had to wait so long, series 2 was aired in USA so long ago.
  • Mr KennethMr Kenneth Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Yep. Saw this in the Radio Times this morning. At last something decent on a Saturday night. Go, Jackie, Go! Great series 1 and soo looking forward to series 2. Mr K.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I too saw this advertised in the Tv mag yesterday and I am so pleased that it is back on as I really enjoyed the first series. Which I only caught by accident on evening on BBC2 when the series was being repeated however I became hooked and in turn got my Mum hooked on it too. It was by far one of the best tv shows of last year.
  • Twenty ElevenTwenty Eleven Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I think it's such a good programme too - good mix of serious drama and comedy.

Any other big fans of it? I'm glad it's back there's loads of stuff from series 1 I could talk about :)
    Forum Member
    I think it's such a good programme too - good mix of serious drama and comedy.

Any other big fans of it? I'm glad it's back there's loads of stuff from series 1 I could talk about :)

The biggest thread about series 1 got shifted to Cult for some stupid reason, hopefully this one won't get shifted off into the hinterland too.

I'll have to watch the last couple of episodes from series 1, that I downloaded just to get me back into the flavour.
    I want to see Mrs A doing her talkshow thing in the lift again.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness for DS and FMs with good taste - I didn't realise it was back on tonight until I caught sight of this thread. I was expecting a general moan about the fact that there were still no signs of S2, so this is really good news.

Looking forward to it.
    Forum Member
    Bumpity bump use this as the Series 2 thread.
    I'm taping it, watching the Killing, back later on.
  • girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it on iplayer and it's as if it's never been away, great stuff.
    Forum Member
    3 months after the last series (in Jackie time) and right back on form, with good and bad Jackie.
    Jackie needs to get rid of Sam before he drops her in it and I don't think her methods are going to be nice.
    Had a quick refresher with the last episode from series 1.
    Mrs A in the lift and O'hara calling for Jacks when her mother turned up, stand out bits for me.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching it now - wonderful.

Just laughed out loud at Mrs A's summary of Coop's complaint against Jackie. Her expression when he started speaking was fabulous.
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Kenneth wrote: »
    Yep. Saw this in the Radio Times this morning. At last something decent on a Saturday night. Go, Jackie, Go! Great series 1 and soo looking forward to series 2. Mr K.

I totally share your enthusiasm for NJ - and last night's episode was as terrific as ever - but why on earth has the BBC consigned the show to a graveyard slot? Saturdays at 10.40pm is not good and does not do the show the justice it deserves.

Or are they just waiting for Sky Atlantic to come along and poach it from them? :rolleyes::mad::confused:
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Servalan wrote: »
    I totally share your enthusiasm for NJ - and last night's episode was as terrific as ever - but why on earth has the BBC consigned the show to a graveyard slot? Saturdays at 10.40pm is not good and does not do the show the justice it deserves.

Or are they just waiting for Sky Atlantic to come along and poach it from them? :rolleyes::mad::confused:

Couldn't agree more - NJ really does deserve a much wider audience. Everything about it is spot on - I laughed out loud at Jackie flooring those two lewd guys at the fast food counter, and the meeting with the nursing manager ('Item..... Item.... Item :D'). I liked how they didn't go straight from the overdose at the end of the last series - we're left to draw our own conclusions about what happened. I'm guessing O'Hara or someone found her and hushed it up.
    Forum Member
    I'm not very clued up on putting things in their 'correct' slot.
    There's swearing in Nurse Jackie isn't there, beach scene comes to mind, although there must be others.
    Where should NJ be in the schedules then?
    Has NJ been trailed at all on BBC2 or BBC1, is it in that 'finely tuned comedy' trailer?
    Although it's hard to find a 'joke' in Jackie that would fit a short trailer and give the right impression of the show.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I'm not very clued up on putting things in their 'correct' slot.
    There's swearing in Nurse Jackie isn't there, beach scene comes to mind, although there must be others.
    Where should NJ be in the schedules then?
    Has NJ been trailed at all on BBC2 or BBC1, is it in that 'finely tuned comedy' trailer?
    Although it's hard to find a 'joke' in Jackie that would fit a short trailer and give the right impression of the show.

It would be fine post-watershed on a weekday, as it was in series 1. The problem with late on a Saturday is that it's not a slot which attracts lots of viewers.