Any TK Maxx staff on the forum?

fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
Forum Member
I was in there this morning for a preview before they opened to the public. :cool: (Prize from local newpaper competition. Not so :cool:)

All the staff had to stand in a group at one end of the tills and a bloke called them out one by one saying things like 'He's got the best smile in the shop - the lovely Ricky!' and the rest clapped while the lovely Ricky and his smile walked to the other end of the tills.

Do they do this in all branches or is it just that the manager at my local branch needs certifying? And if they all do it, do you have to go through the whole performance every day before the doors open? :eek:

Comments

• BurstfireBurstfire Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to work in one not far from Birmingham, no its not a usual occurance but the staff do have a prep talk before the store opens every morning.

Its usually to talk about where they are on sales and targets, what sections of the store needs boosting, which departments are doing well, who's going to be where etc.
    The manager was probably joking around making the staff feel good or something, i dunno i haven't worked in one for years.
    Im sure some tk staff post on here so you may get a better answer.

If you're on about the Birmingham one I know some of the management staff in there as i was offered a job there once so i will ask :D
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Yeah they get all the good clothes cheap and leave the overpriced stuff for the customers. I bet big mad mental cheesey grin Ricky had a bag full of top notch clothes in his locker before heading out to the tills.
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The staff in EVERY TK Maxx I have been in have been as miserable as sin.

Especially the changing room staff, they make me feel depressed just looking at them
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Burstfire wrote: »
    If you're on about the Birmingham one I know some of the management staff in there as i was offered a job there once so i will ask :D

Yes, it was the Birmingham one. :)

It was supposed to be some kind of re-launch (although it all looked pretty much as it did before!) so I wondered if it was a 'special occasion team talk'.

I got coffee and croissants, a chat with a stylist and £10 to spend. A good start to a Friday morning!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    fizzycat wrote: »
    I was in there this morning for a preview before they opened to the public. :cool: (Prize from local newpaper competition. Not so :cool:)

All the staff had to stand in a group at one end of the tills and a bloke called them out one by one saying things like 'He's got the best smile in the shop - the lovely Ricky!' and the rest clapped while the lovely Ricky and his smile walked to the other end of the tills.

Do they do this in all branches or is it just that the manager at my local branch needs certifying? And if they all do it, do you have to go through the whole performance every day before the doors open? :eek:

I would absolutely hate to work in somewhere like that, I think I'd rather have to be on the dole.
    Forum Member
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    I would absolutely hate to work in somewhere like that, I think I'd rather have to be on the dole.

To quote the elderly Polish woman who stood watching the performance with me - 'I glad not to work here. My work not do this boolsheet'. :D
  • BurstfireBurstfire Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah they get all the good clothes cheap and leave the overpriced stuff for the customers. I bet big mad mental cheesey grin Ricky had a bag full of top notch clothes in his locker before heading out to the tills.

The 1 rule of TK is that staff are not allowed to hold clothes in the back (security reasons), they simply have to hope it doesn't get bought by a customer.

So staff used to shove jeans & shirts in big vases, hide them under shelves, mix them in with books etc it was quite funny.
    I remember finding a shirt scrunched up at the bottom of a basket of pillow cases, i was told to leave it there as one of the staff was 'buying it on sunday'.
    The staff in EVERY TK Maxx I have been in have been as miserable as sin.

Especially the changing room staff, they make me feel depressed just looking at them

Try standing there for 2 hours not talking to anyone waiting for a customer to turn up, camera's watch you so you can't even arse about or chat it can get very boring.

Im so glad i don't work there any more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    To quote the elderly Polish woman who stood watching the performance with me - 'I glad not to work here. My work not do this boolsheet'. :D

Lol, boolsheet, I'm going to have to start using that one on here. :D
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry what was the prize? You get to be in a TK Maxx before it opens? What the heck was the booby prize?
  • AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burstfire wrote: »
    The 1 rule of TK is that staff are not allowed to hold clothes in the back (security reasons), they simply have to hope it doesn't get bought by a customer.

T.K Maxx staff are allowed to save items. We do it all the time.
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    Sorry what was the prize? You get to be in a TK Maxx before it opens? What the heck was the booby prize?

The prizes were tickets to a special opening for 50 people. Preview of 'relaunched' store and new stock. Breakfast (coffee, orange juice, croissants and muffins). Consultation with a stylist. £10 giftcard to spend.

Not comparable to winning the lottery but it was a nice way to start the day. And I used my £10 towards a beautful bag.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The prizes were tickets to a special opening for 50 people. Preview of 'relaunched' store and new stock. Breakfast (coffee, orange juice, croissants and muffins). Consultation with a stylist. £10 giftcard to spend.

Not comparable to winning the lottery but it was a nice way to start the day. And I used my £10 towards a beautful bag.

Ah ok I see. I thought you meant they literally just let you in an hour early :D
  • HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to have been refitting a lot of TK Maxx's around here. One of them though now has so little stock its not worth going in there. They seemed to have halved the amount of rails and shelves since they had a refit. The others still seem to be about the same as they were before the refit stock wise.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kill me now, before I get a job at TK Maxx and go on a murderous rampage of my co-workers.