Options

Saying Maloney is being bullied...

DinosaurusDinosaurus Posts: 361
Forum Member
...is an insult to those that are genuinely bullied! Bullying is a serious issue, with sometimes appalling and upsetting consequences!

To use the term to defend an ex-cruise ship singer being called an ex-cruise ship singer, who will go on to make thousands of pounds from the X Factor tour, is an insult to those being victimised by real bullies!

Comments

• Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's oversymplifiying the situation, though. It's not just a case of telling a cruise ship singer that he's a cruise ship singer. It's about the constant negativity, both from judges and from others involved with the show, not to mention audience hostility. It's gone beyond simply critiquing someone's performances (which is what it should be about) and now seems to have turned into something of a vendetta. They're not even being subtle about it anymore.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of Chris but I do think the judges are criticising for no reason and calling him out on things he has no control over (Dancers, staging etc) which is uncalled for. Tulisa was also very rude to him saying she wanted to laugh at one of his performances :(
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Chris but I do think the judges are criticising for no reason and calling him out on things he has no control over (Dancers, staging etc) which is uncalled for. Tulisa was also very rude to him saying she wanted to laugh at one of his performances :(

I'm no fan of Tulisa but, to be fair, what she was saying was that the *staging* made her want to giggle. And she was right, it *was* preposterous.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As was pointed out by Tulisa I think it was, that he gets the same negativity each week because he doesn't do anything different and that's when she said she got fed up with telling him that and basically said (not her words, mine) I'll go with the flow.

She wanted to laugh at the staging, not him personally.

:)
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you are saying bullying people who have money is fine? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »

No! I'm saying the platform which is going to help make him money is wrongly being accused of bullying! Please don't roll your eyes at me in the future because you have misinterpreted my post!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »

As has been said to many X factor acts throughout the years!
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    As was pointed out by Tulisa I think it was, that he gets the same negativity each week because he doesn't do anything different and that's when she said she got fed up with telling him that and basically said (not her words, mine) I'll go with the flow.

She wanted to laugh at the staging, not him personally.

The thing is, Chris (along with all the other contestants) does what his mentor and the creative team tell him to do. It's not as if he has any say in the song choices, staging, etc (and if he did try to object, no doubt yet another 'diva' story would be leaked to the media:rolleyes: ). Therefore, Tulisa and the other judges shouldn't really be criticising him or any of the other contestants for things they have no control over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    The thing is, Chris (along with all the other contestants) does what his mentor and the creative team tell him to do. It's not as if he has any say in the song choices, staging, etc (and if he did try to object, no doubt yet another 'diva' story would be leaked to the media:rolleyes: ). Therefore, Tulisa and the other judges shouldn't really be criticising him or any of the other contestants for things they have no control over.

Oh, I agree. When Gary was criticising Rylan for some of his staging etc, I thought the same.

No, I don't think she was directing it AT Chris, she was simply saying the staging made her want to laugh. I must admit the Fernando staging was a tad on the laughable side. I did have to grin myself. But I wasn't grinning at Chris........it was those bodies wafting around that made me chuckle. I thought it made him look a bit silly to be honest.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they are blaming him for any of the staging. As I have said the feedback is divided between the act and their mentor. The mentor for song choices and production. That's why sometimes the mentor will say "(my act) choice their own song this week".

I think the frustration is that Christopher doesn't change his act week in, week out. There's no light and shade. And he also says exactly the same thing at the end to Dermot about trying his best, working hard and thanking the public and that he hope they will keep voting.

He's a one note performer.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post jackbell and I agree.

I said this in another thread which is pretty much the same thing
    Where is the bullying? They started of by trying to be constructive but week in, week out, he ignored everything the judges said and continued to give dated cabaret performances of cheesy karaoke songs and just kept repeating the same old guff about being the public choice and I think the judges have given up trying.
    He doesn't want to listen, he doesn't respect anyone else opinion except his own and he thinks that he's in the right and everyone who disagrees is wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

Yes! Yes! Yes!
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »

HE IS NOT BEING BULLIED FFS
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so obvious that Louis and Tulisa don't LIKE Chris as a person IMO. To me their comments come across as very personal and humiliating.

I do think it must be a lot harder for him to listen to the judges after he's performed than for any other contestant that's ever been on there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I don't think they are blaming him for any of the staging. As I have said the feedback is divided between the act and their mentor. The mentor for song choices and production. That's why sometimes the mentor will say "(my act) choice their own song this week".

I think the frustration is that Christopher doesn't change his act week in, week out. There's no light and shade. And he also says exactly the same thing at the end to Dermot about trying his best, working hard and thanking the public and that he hope they will keep voting.

Well said :)
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's not been in the bottom two yet, so why would he change?

Chris' style is clearly working, it'd be useless to try and change it just for the sake of pleasing Tulisa.

Who, let's face it, would continue to criticise him whatever he did.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

Very good post from jack and blondie

Both always on point

Shouldn't have favourites but both these posters are mine :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Very good post from jack and blondie

Both always on point

Shouldn't have favourites but both these posters are mine :D

You should vote for yourself to become favourite Oxy.......after all Chris does ;):p:)
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,757
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    That's oversymplifiying the situation, though. It's not just a case of telling a cruise ship singer that he's a cruise ship singer. It's about the constant negativity, both from judges and from others involved with the show, not to mention audience hostility. It's gone beyond simply critiquing someone's performances (which is what it should be about) and now seems to have turned into something of a vendetta. They're not even being subtle about it anymore.

That's what I wanted to say but you did it so much better. Also, as I mentioned on another thread, they seemed to have nothing but good to say about him at audition and bootcamp stage so why the negativity now??
  • Options
    Forum Member

But that's his style though. The same could be said for James, Jahmene and Ella and pretty much everyone else. Ella just Adel - ised everything week by week and James just moaned and groaned through everything week by week. The only contestant to my mind who showed anything vaguely resembling versatility was Alexandra.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a lot more to it than calling him a cruise ship singer. It is the stories planted in the media, Caroline Flack continually asking the panel who buys his records in a way that is obviously a put down, he was the only one to be asked if he thought he deserved to be there after Ella went, the paid guests all singing from the same page over him etc. It is a concerted efford to bully him off the show. It is unfair.
  • Options
    valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dinosaurus wrote: »
    ...is an insult to those that are genuinely bullied! Bullying is a serious issue, with sometimes appalling and upsetting consequences!

To use the term to defend an ex-cruise ship singer being called an ex-cruise ship singer, who will go on to make thousands of pounds from the X Factor tour, is an insult to those being victimised by real bullies!

What would you call it then? It's been totally disgraceful. There are various form of bullying and this has been one of them. Really horrible to witness, as is all bullying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    There is a lot more to it than calling him a cruise ship singer. It is the stories planted in the media, Caroline Flack continually asking the panel who buys his records in a way that is obviously a put down, he was the only one to be asked if he thought he deserved to be there after Ella went, the paid guests all singing from the same page over him etc. It is a concerted efford to bully him off the show. It is unfair.

Yes I agree 100%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    paralax wrote: »

There was that Newsflash thing on Xtra factor a few weeks ago that tried to put him in a bad light too. It's all gotten really horrible, hasn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    He's not been in the bottom two yet, so why would he change?

Chris' style is clearly working, it'd be useless to try and change it just for the sake of pleasing Tulisa.

Who, let's face it, would continue to criticise him whatever he did.

Yes you are so right! Even if (God forbid) Tulisa chose his songs she would still slag him off. Makes me laugh the way people will look for ways to bring him down yet he gets all the votes and the support. He should be so proud of himself. I know all the fans are, me included :)