Because it gets lost in the noise of Christmas

Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
Forum Member
Have a great Birthday to my fellow Birthday DS Members

Happy Birthday

HissyMissy, Sluger, Darren Lethem, sydrob, boolaa, MD1500, Leanne 83, Josh_Paris, Salv*, PinkBlueBerry, Tamara_Morgan, Korranh, michael_milz, teamdbgt.

Here's a glass raised and hope you didn't get just one "big" present.

Comments

• AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son's birthday is tomorrow, I always try to make it special, and a separate celebration from Christmas, but he gets a lot of 'double' presents nevertheless.

Happy birthday December babies! :)
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When we started going out, my boyfriend tried suggesting that one big present money saving technique. I told him I want two big presents, the same as I get him. These things must be nipped in the bud!
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy birthday to my lovely niece who was ten yesterday.
    We always try to make an effort to give her separate presents wrapped in birthday wrapping paper.
    Great idea for a thread!
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    I was lucky. My parents realised that a lot of presents were bought as a "double" present (gosh this makes me sound really ungrateful. - I'm not, really) so made a fuss of my birthday as a continuation of Christmas.

Something Mrs Sette and I have carried on eons later. It turns Christmas into a two day celebration rather than hitting the Queens speech and figuring it is all over for another year.

(We're also regarded as slightly mad as we don't open Christmas presents until Christmas evening.)