Virgin Specific Sky Adverts

Sirius CSirius C Posts: 612
Forum Member
✭✭
Noticed during 24 on Sky One HD they had an ad for Sky Sports F1 that was for "Virgin Media customers" and gave the Virgin website address to add the channels.

In the distant past I have seen this on cable, but it is the first I can think of in about 7 years at least (before the basics dispute). Even PPV adverts had "cable customers contact your operator".

Obviously the Sky version didn't carry the ad.

Perhaps a sign of a greater harmony between the two.

Comments

• gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sirius C wrote: »
    Noticed during 24 on Sky One HD they had an ad for Sky Sports F1 that was for "Virgin Media customers" and gave the Virgin website address to add the channels.

In the distant past I have seen this on cable, but it is the first I can think of in about 7 years at least (before the basics dispute). Even PPV adverts had "cable customers contact your operator".

Obviously the Sky version didn't carry the ad.

Perhaps a sign of a greater harmony between the two.

I think both have got their arses into gear and stopped squabbling and are seeing the bigger threat BT.
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    I think both have got their arses into gear and stopped squabbling and are seeing the bigger threat BT.

Agreed, if I were sky, I'd rather side with Virgin than BT, since Virgin are merely a platform not a content provider anymore. Whereas BT are.

Hopefully if some form of mutual alliance happens this will be good for us. Maybe the fact we are getting SS3,SS4, SS5, and SSN in HD now another sign of harmony?

Perhaps it might well be. if sky offered VM the rest of its channels then it's another way of stopping subscribers switching to BT......mainly them sky haters who possibly thought of moving to BT.

BT are getting bigger, and more powerful. VM actually better be careful they could be the losers in this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we were to get Sky Atlantic that would be a great start in relations.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we were to get Sky Atlantic that would be a great start in relations.

Relations already exist ala-Sky Sports.

Atlantic will never happen anytime soon.