Options

Why do people like Ashleigh?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like housemates that aren't really afraid to be different. Ashleigh's manipulative plan to keep Ash nominated was good TV, and it made me happy that she didn't just roll over and let Helen do what she wanted - Helen, imo is an intolerable bully and I like people going against her.

I dislike the bitchiness but I forgive her in that house, and I feel like she's just saying what a lot of viewers are thinking...

She's just different, I suppose. She doesn't really just flop over and give in to the nice Irish pretty stereotype. I think she's quite bad-ass and I like it.
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I think she has had her moment now. She was found out and wont get up to anything near as interesting again for fear of BB exposing her again.
  • Options
    freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craton wrote: »
    For brevity the two main reasons I like Ashleigh:

1. She makes me laugh.
    2. She opposes Helen.

The sight of her and Danielle in their dressing gowns having a good bitch and moan and saying things I agreed with always cracked me up when most of the others just depressed me. I didn't have a sense of humour failure about any of that and write her off as just "spiteful" and "mean" and "a little bitch" as many did.

Her wit is sharp, dry, sardonic, acidic, all the things I like, plus she's very sharp and observant and weighs things up with an honesty and candour I admire.

Even the things her detractors list as negatives always made me laugh, such as being petulant and precious and probably (aside from bad times at school she mentioned) the fact that she's not used to being left out, discounted and written off (often because of her age) the way she has in the house.

Secondly, I think a lot of people simply don't grasp the toxic environment she's in. Cast your mind back to the height of Helen's bad behaviour, during her attacks on Matthew. That was pre formal warning (as far as I know) and it was all reaching extremely nasty levels. Ash was starting to intimidate the males who dared answer Helen back. He did it to Christopher and when Matthew tried to defend himself against Helen Ash threatened to "rip him apart".

So that's where things were heading. Helen would batter the females and any male she chose, and Ash would batter the males who dared to defend themselves (well at least until Winston had had enough of it all and put Ash on his back, which he would have done eventually).

Against this foul, toxic backdrop which has people either hiding away or desperately trying to get on Helen's good side, up popped Ashleigh, not only seeing it for what it was and commenting on it, but actually plotting to unsettle and change it. It was gutsy, brave, and the right thing to do, imo.

Yes, she overplayed her hand somewhat, she got "smug" (as some would have it) though I always thought she was just giddy with the fact it actually seemed to be working for a bit.

But I appreciated her efforts, the spark of life and resistance she showed when everyone else was just trying to cope and survive and not be the next one to be torn to shreds.

I gave her kudos for all that. She was funny and a fighter, and those are the kind of people I like.

This is 100% true for me.
  • Options
    purpleskypurplesky Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...I think a lot of people simply don't grasp the toxic environment she's in.

Very good point. It's stifled most of the housemates.
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    I think she has had her moment now. She was found out and wont get up to anything near as interesting again for fear of BB exposing her again.

I think you're right. BB has overplayed their card this time, all in the name of winding Helen up. Short term gain (in their eyes) but we will be the losers, as Ashleigh is likely to leave, and like you say even if she stays her guard is up now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    purplesky wrote: »
    I think you're right. BB has overplayed their card this time, all in the name of winding Helen up. Short term gain (in their eyes) but we will be the losers, as Ashleigh is likely to leave, and like you say even if she stays her guard is up now.

It's true BB undermined her and knocked the fight out of her and stitched her up just to have more footage of Helen rowing, but the Armageddon stuff (if true) may well change the dynamics in there and I'd like Ashleigh to still be in that mix as she still has some game left and will never let Helen have things her own way.

There's still time to save Asheligh and see things change, especially if BB decides to remove Helen's pass at some point. What would be the benefit of that if everyone left in was Team Helen anyway:confused:

Who would put her up for eviction if she has the numbers on her side:confused:

We're only half way through and it's too soon to just let Helen and her buddies have it all their own way like they have so far.

Tonights eviction is one of the last chances to kick back against it all. I hope people remember all the reasons they listed here for loving Ashleigh as a HM and make the effort to try and keep her in!
  • Options
    BonniekiltyBonniekilty Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1. She makes me laugh.
    2. She opposes Helen.

The sight of her and Danielle in their dressing gowns having a good bitch and moan and saying things I agreed with always cracked me up when most of the others just depressed me. I didn't have a sense of humour failure about any of that and write her off as just "spiteful" and "mean" and "a little bitch" as many did.

Her wit is sharp, dry, sardonic, acidic, all the things I like, plus she's very sharp and observant and weighs things up with an honesty and candour I admire.

Even the things her detractors list as negatives always made me laugh, such as being petulant and precious and probably (aside from bad times at school she mentioned) the fact that she's not used to being left out, discounted and written off (often because of her age) the way she has in the house.

Secondly, I think a lot of people simply don't grasp the toxic environment she's in. Cast your mind back to the height of Helen's bad behaviour, during her attacks on Matthew. That was pre formal warning (as far as I know) and it was all reaching extremely nasty levels. Ash was starting to intimidate the males who dared answer Helen back. He did it to Christopher and when Matthew tried to defend himself against Helen Ash threatened to "rip him apart".

So that's where things were heading. Helen would batter the females and any male she chose, and Ash would batter the males who dared to defend themselves (well at least until Winston had had enough of it all and put Ash on his back, which he would have done eventually).

Against this foul, toxic backdrop which has people either hiding away or desperately trying to get on Helen's good side, up popped Ashleigh, not only seeing it for what it was and commenting on it, but actually plotting to unsettle and change it. It was gutsy, brave, and the right thing to do, imo.

Yes, she overplayed her hand somewhat, she got "smug" (as some would have it) though I always thought she was just giddy with the fact it actually seemed to be working for a bit.

But I appreciated her efforts, the spark of life and resistance she showed when everyone else was just trying to cope and survive and not be the next one to be torn to shreds.

I gave her kudos for all that. She was funny and a fighter, and those are the kind of people I like.
    Well said. Excellent post.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1. She makes me laugh.
    2. She opposes Helen.

Brilliant post.
  • Options
    BonniekiltyBonniekilty Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tonights eviction is one of the last chances to kick back against it all. I hope people remember all the reasons they listed here for loving Ashleigh as a HM and make the effort to try and keep her in!
    Count me in. I`m voting Jale!
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I like about her is that she doesn't mirror the stereotype of a teenage girl, or of a model, wherein all they are presumed to talk about is clothes, makeup, boy or girlfriends, going out, and the like. She also seems to be able to speak to people of different age groups on their level. I also like the fact that she tries to "play the game" in there even though it has its risks and drawbacks, which is something that to my discredit I did not expect of someone of her age.
  • Options
    sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In light of recent events in the house, I am glad this thread is up again.
    So BB has done it again to Ashleigh - stitched her up good and proper in the name of entertainment! They really are like a group of playground bullies - and they expect the public to carry on voting?
    I like Ashleigh because she is, IMO, one of the most normal HM's in there. She does 'bitch' - and so do most her age. She has been taken in by some [ Toya ] and I'm sure many of us can remember this happening to them also. She has sat alone, with sulky face at times - but who of us would not, at that age, also feel intimidated when faced with the "cool group", scared to say too much. The toxic atmosphere in that house would put a scowl on most faces! I am sure there have been many occasions when she has laughed, joked and had a good time with some of the HM's - we just have not seen it as it would not fit with the almighty plan BB has for stirring up arguments and the lack of unity.
    So I guess I like Ashleigh because I find nothing to dislike!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread seems to have lasted for an eternity..

Living in this cauldron,looking like she does, being younger and prettier (i think) she could have used her looks etc, but she hasn't. Not only that, she is one of only a few that I feel could look themselves in the Mirror and say that they haven't been acting like a total idiot.

Add onto this the lack of support she has had in the house and I personally am amazed and impressed she has survived.

Good for her.

ps- you really need to get a reality check, loving hating etc is pretty difficult with just 1 hour of very badly edited highlights. My supposed liking, and even I can't be sure, is based upon very tenuous information, but I prefer to give a Young girl with very little history the benefit of the doubt over some, lets say, dubious character profiles.