Options

Why do people like Ashleigh?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh so because the answers we gave did not meet with your approval....you deny their validity. Silly, very, very silly;-):D:D:D:D:D

You gave an answer ? I must have missed it, did you write it in invisible ink ? I think the silly bit is your last line as the only "answers" you gave were to jump down the OP's throat.
  • Options
    TheprodigalTheprodigal Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    She never tried to get Steven out, he was always on her save list. Funny enough Steven wasn't a priority to save for Kim. :D

I've deleted the really offensive (TO ME) part, it only reminds me of how disgusting Ashleigh speaks and this thread is trying to list POSITIVE characteristics.

I feel sorry for any adult who finds that phrase acceptable and actually USES It themselves. So disgusting, so vicious.

Why would you feel sorry for an adult who can use any words or phrases that they want, do you prefer brown nosing or the popular american phrase 'ass-kisser'

I feel sorry for adults who cant allow people to express themselves how they please

Helen has used the C word constantly on the show and thats probably the most offensive swear word! im surprised you can watch the show with this type of language.

Just trying to be positive.. maybe stick to the daytime version where they BEEP the bad words and phrases out.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »
    Her accuracy is what I have a problem with. What if some of us don't agree with her point of view? I certainly don't and don't like this whole groupthink of putting everyone in the one barrel.

What don't you agree with Ashleigh about?
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    What don't you agree with Ashleigh about?

I already posted earlier in the thread why I feel disappointed in her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    See--this is typical. Really??? Nothing tangible? Like--what would be tangible??? I'm not being confrontational. It just seems to me when these "why do you like...." threads come up they only result in insults. Why should that be? I don't get it. I think the posts---read as a whole---was quite tangible.

Actually when I was typing that out, no-one had actually come up with anything, all they had done was jump down the OP's throat, so it wasn't an insult. Thankfully now people actually have come up with reasons so therefore that post no longer stands, you'll have to put it down to me being a slow typer ;)
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    You gave an answer ? I must have missed it, did you write it in invisible ink ? I think the silly bit is your last line as the only "answers" you gave were to jump down the OP's throat.

Yes, I most certainly gave an answer, yep, in black...do go back dear and you will see it. If you were not trying so hard to be a smart ass (failing miserably btw) and acting as a mouth piece for the OP you wouldn't be now making an absolute fool of yourself. :blush: I do find it's always unwise to get personal/insulting with a fm, they always have the right of reply and moreover point out when said fm is making a complete eejet of themselves.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the interest of restoring a bit of balance to the forum - I'm genuinely interested - really I am.

I haven't seen anything nice about her. I'm not being horrible - I'm not being contrary - I really haven't.

She's a pretty girl but her face is constantly contorted in a sneer and she has nothing nice to say about anyone.

She has started to join in a bit more I'll give her that but for a long time she sat sulking while anyone else was having fun in the pool or whatever - it was miserable behaviour - like she had no fun in her.

I realise everyone will blame Helen but I'm not buying that (sorry) - there are a lot of other people in that house besides her.

Now tell me I'm wrong. Tell me why she is such a lovely girl.
    Shes not a lovely girl,she is not evil either,what she is coming across as is a self centered brat who has a vicious tongue and a miserable sulky temperament.

Forum is desperately searching for a victim,cannot see one now Jale has decided to get on with Helen so they demonize Helen and see Ashleigh as the hero,ignoring the facts about Ashleighs own questionable behavior and the fact that everything she has done so far has been behind Helens back rather than actually act civil and raise the issues in a one to one with Helen..Its rather sad and a little tragic but it happens most years.
  • Options
    KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    Actually when I was typing that out, no-one had actually come up with anything, all they had done was jump down the OP's throat, so it wasn't an insult. Thankfully now people actually have come up with reasons so therefore that post no longer stands, you'll have to put it down to me being a slow typer ;)

Ok. I understand. This forum goes pretty quickly sometimes. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad really. :blush: Especially as she never did confront Helen, talked a lot about it but never did it. Christopher did it and I don't see any outpouring of love for him. He's an after thought to everyone IN the house and out it seems. :(

Yes it seems so, Christopher came to the front as my fave this week when he confronted Helen and didn't let her wear him down, I think he has grown a lot in the house yet few seem to see this, he's always an afterthought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I already posted earlier in the thread why I feel disappointed in her.

Im not sure she ever actually said that she thinks she's better than anyone in the house, however, is it really wrong for any person to genuinely believe that they are a better person than someone else, when that other person, or persons, are behaving in a rude, crude and horrible way, such as Ash and Helen?

I know for a fact that I am better than the Ash and Helen's of this world, and no amount of BBBOTS soft soaping of their characters will I ever change my mind on them.

I'll say it on Ashleigh's behalf....she IS better than Helen and Ash as a human being.

And for Kim to go seeking a BB showmance because she's clearly so insecure in her standing on her own two feet as a HM makes her less than Ashleigh too IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anything that YOu approved of more like. :D You just didn't like our responses.
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Ashleigh because I would like to give her one - simple
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you feel sorry for an adult who can use any words or phrases that they want, do you prefer brown nosing or the popular american phrase 'ass-kisser'

I feel sorry for adults who cant allow people to express themselves how they please

Helen has used the C word constantly on the show and thats probably the most offensive swear word! im surprised you can watch the show with this type of language.

Just trying to be positive.. maybe stick to the daytime version where they BEEP the bad words and phrases out.

Because it's extremely rude and vicious and as an adult I would hope that one would have a better command of the language and not seek to offend or show their own vicious nature so easily.

You can use it all you like, I will just not read your posts anymore. It's the adult thing to do. Have a Nice Day.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    The OP had the right to ask the question. I'm really curious about now that the OP has read through the posts did they get any sense of why Ashleigh is supported? Do they understand a little more at least? I am honestly curious because so often these types of threads come up but rarely is there any feed back.

I am reading with interest. I asked the question in the OP.

I am avoiding giving feedback - I'm doing it in other threads.

If I disagree (which I do with a lot of points made) - it just looks like a tit for tat or an excuse to criticise.

It's been interesting.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan but she's third in my top four. I don't dislike her or sing her praises, it's just I prefer her to the remaining numpties in the house.

:)
  • Options
    GalacticusGalacticus Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the interest of restoring a bit of balance to the forum - I'm genuinely interested - really I am.

I haven't seen anything nice about her. I'm not being horrible - I'm not being contrary - I really haven't.

She's a pretty girl but her face is constantly contorted in a sneer and she has nothing nice to say about anyone.

She has started to join in a bit more I'll give her that but for a long time she sat sulking while anyone else was having fun in the pool or whatever - it was miserable behaviour - like she had no fun in her.

I realise everyone will blame Helen but I'm not buying that (sorry) - there are a lot of other people in that house besides her.

Now tell me I'm wrong. Tell me why she is such a lovely girl.

The reason most have not replied to your thread, and the reason I suspect most have not even read it, is that it smacks of disingenuousness.

You have tirelessly attacked, villified and traduced Ashleigh on dozens of threads, with posts laden with vitriol and hypocrisy.

But now you genuinely want to know why people like Ashleigh - you really really do.

I suggest you go back to those aforementioned threads and re-read what others have said about Ashleigh, posts you probably ignored or dismissed, or go to the appreciation thread, or go to twitter where her popularity is surging.

The answers are out there Penny, you don't have to start a disingenuous thread to find them, the real reason for which is probably just to find a new and slightly more dishonest means to attack her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    Shes not a lovely girl,she is not evil either,what she is coming across as is a self centered brat who has a vicious tongue and a miserable sulky temperament.

Forum is desperately searching for a victim,cannot see one now Jale has decided to get on with Helen so they demonize Helen and see Ashleigh as the hero,ignoring the facts about Ashleighs own questionable behavior and the fact that everything she has done so far has been behind Helens back rather than actually act civil and raise the issues in a one to one with Helen..Its rather sad and a little tragic but it happens most years.

I agree. It's sad to see that all Ashleigh's faults are whitewashed whilst there's all sorts of campaigns going up to demonize this one or that one to save her. I don't even mind her being saved and given a second chance to prove that she can be different from what we've seen, but it's hypocrisy to pick faults in everyone else's character whilst making out she's some kind of angel.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it seems so, Christopher came to the front as my fave this week when he confronted Helen and didn't let her wear him down, I think he has grown a lot in the house yet few seem to see this, he's always an afterthought.

He's been just lovely the entire time. He's a bit of hard work, often says the wrong thing LOL but he's always been there for anyone whose been used in a vicious manner by others, which is more than I can say for ALL the rest. If it was a vote to save I might consider voting for Christopher, although I really don't want to put my money into Channel 5's coffers because they manipulate the show and the audience at will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im not sure she ever actually said that she thinks she's better than anyone in the house, however, is it really wrong for any person to genuinely believe that they are a better person than someone else, when that other person, or persons, are behaving in a rude, crude and horrible way, such as Ash and Helen?

I know for a fact that I am better than the Ash and Helen's of this world, and no amount of BBBOTS soft soaping of their characters will I ever change my mind on them.

I'll say it on Ashleigh's behalf....she IS better than Helen and Ash as a human being.

And for Kim to go seeking a BB showmance because she's clearly so insecure in her standing on her own two feet as a HM makes her less than Ashleigh too IMO.

Perhaps I'm just a lot older than some and have the wisdom not to see everything as black and white (kind of the way Ashleigh sees things). She's got a lot to learn in her life and having a bit of compassion as to how some people react or act the way they do, would do her good with more life experience. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's been just lovely the entire time. He's a bit of hard work, often says the wrong thing LOL but he's always been there for anyone whose been used in a vicious manner by others, which is more than I can say for ALL the rest. If it was a vote to save I might consider voting for Christopher, although I really don't want to put my money into Channel 5's coffers because they manipulate the show and the audience at will.

Christopher is one of my favourites too. However what impressed me was how he dealt with any issues with Helen. He did it in an assertive way that even Helen agreed to concede in the end. That's how you handle someone like Helen. Not the way people like Mark and Winston do it by trying to shout her down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps I'm just a lot older than some and have the wisdom not to see everything as black and white (kind of the way Ashleigh sees things). She's got a lot to learn in her life and having a bit of compassion as to how some people react or act the way they do, would do her good with more life experience. :)

Maybe so, and she is very judgemental, but just look at what she's been locked up in the house with.

She has things to learn in life (she's clearly not perfect) but blimey, she's far more mature and decent a person than certain others in there, those others are far older than her and seemed to have learned nothing.
  • Options
    KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    I am reading with interest. I asked the question in the OP.

I am avoiding giving feedback - I'm doing it in other threads.

If I disagree (which I do with a lot of points made) - it just looks like a tit for tat or an excuse to criticise.

It's been interesting.

I know what you're saying. Good. You don't have to agree just try to understand the other side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry not understanding that whatsoever. Irrespective of what age one is, why should Ashleigh or anyone accept deplorable behaviour.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I most certainly gave an answer, yep, in black...do go back dear and you will see it. If you were not trying so hard to be a smart ass (failing miserably btw) and acting as a mouth piece for the OP you wouldn't be now making an absolute fool of yourself. :blush: I do find it's always unwise to get personal/insulting with a fm, they always have the right of reply and moreover point out when said fm is making a complete eejet of themselves.

LOL yes I see now that you gave an answer first, which I actually missed as my scroll bar has playing up for the last couple of days so your first post was the one where you said you didn't believe the OP's motives, so I apologise unreservedly for that. However as to the rest of your post, it doesn't surprise me one bit, and I'm well aware that I'm nowhere near your league for the BIB, but I promise to try harder :) Btw as we're close enough now for you to call me dear, can I call you sweetie ? ;)
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well skipping through the majority of answers that offer no insight what so ever as to why Ashleigh is likeable, the one reoccuring sentiment seems to be that she hasn't joined in with Helen. I respect that trait of Ashleigh's... can we summarise it as she's a good judge of character?

If that is the reason, and we are ignoring whether or not she is fundamentally a nice person (or not) then I think the thread needs no further investigation.

Personally speaking I can think of one other housemate who also refuses to join in with Helen, but has the added bonus of being fundamentally a much nicer person than Ashleigh. I won't bother saying who it because it is obvious. It will be interesting to see if this housemate ends up gaining more support as the days and weeks progress.