Options

BBC4: Sounds of the eighties

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
Lots of good stuff this week: The Teardrop Explodes; Style Council and Robert Wyatt. The highlight has to be the Fall accompanied by the Michael Clark dance group with the dancers arse hanging out of the back of her(?) cossie. Brilliant.

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of good stuff this week: The Teardrop Explodes; Style Council and Robert Wyatt. The highlight has to be the Fall accompanied by the Michael Clark dance group with the dancers arse hanging out of the back of her(?) cossie. Brilliant.
    I wasn't keen on this week. Last week was very good with Erasure and Pet Shop Boys but sadly they got the sound balance wrong and it was too much on the right hand side for some reason, which spoilt the show.

The week before that was very good too, with Grace Jones and lots of 80s pop.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh s*** I forgot to set it to tape this week.:( Iplayer I guess.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't keen on this week. Last week was very good with Erasure and Pet Shop Boys but sadly they got the sound balance wrong and it was too much on the right hand side for some reason, which spoilt the show.

The week before that was very good too, with Grace Jones and lots of 80s pop.

Depeche Mode (one of my very favourite bands) was funny last week. Their first performance on TOTP all in suits looking about twelve years old.:D
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember watching this on BBC2 in the nineties, so double nostalgia for me.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Four should bring back TOTP2, it'd fit really well there. Maybe call it something else though.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    BBC Four should bring back TOTP2, it'd fit really well there. Maybe call it something else though.

They need to round up those shows that are Yew Treeed into a couple of compilations at least.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOTP2 could happen without YewTree as it only features the artists rather than DJs/presenters. Even the artists can be filtered for YewTree connections.
  • Options
    Alex_DowlingAlex_Dowling Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Fridays edition Sounds Of The Eighties had a ticker tape graphic which was fromit's orginal broadcast on 9th Febaury 1996 at the artist facts who peformed in the episode read "BBC News Report on BBC 1 Now" I Think this was due to the Docklands Bomings that same evening.
  • Options
    Alex_DowlingAlex_Dowling Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the peformances are from The Old Grey Whistle Test
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    Last Fridays edition Sounds Of The Eighties had a ticker tape graphic which was fromit's orginal broadcast on 9th Febaury 1996 at the artist facts who peformed in the episode read "BBC News Report on BBC 1 Now" I Think this was due to the Docklands Bomings that same evening.

How odd! You'd think they would have had a "clean" edit of the programme they could have shown.

Almost suggests they were transmitting an off-air recording, but surely not.