Options

Team Kev or Team Sal & Ty?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Team SalTy sounds like a sea shanty and is wrong on every level.

I want the Ty as baby Jack's father rumour to be true. Then he can get back with Maria and be Team MarTy.

Kev? Meh.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loreal_q wrote: »
    I completely agree with this! I never particularly liked Molly, but i definately cried at her death, and I was really upset by the fact that she had to die alone. After all, Molly didnt have to say anything, she thought she was doing the right thing! She wanted to repay Sally for being her friend, by finally telling the truth, i think. I know Sally was understandably shocked/upset but couldnt she have atleast held Molly's hand?
    I hated the way Molly died.

Yes, i thought that! He just wanted to pass the blame, because there was no one to correct him now Molly was dead! I thought Bill got it right when he said Kevin was off the hook now, and Kevin certainly took advantage of that! He didn't even seem bothered that Molly was dead, the mother of his child AND someone he used to love!
    In fact, he couldn't wait to blame her. And his argument, 'oh a pretty young girl was coming on to me, what was I supposed to do?' was awful. Er, he would have said no if he didnt want to! Kevin is as much to blame as Molly was.

I've heard a rumour that Baby jack is actually Tyrones, which would make my day! Ty should raise Jack, not Kevin!

I totally agree with you that I hated the way Molly died in great pain and worried about her child (plus big up for Vicky Binns, some fantastic acting there). However I do think her primary reason for confessing was her child, she was trying to make sure he was looked after after her death. As she said he's lost his mother and will need his father so I think it was less to do with clearing her conscience with Sally and everything to do with little Jack. You could tell that she really hated hurting Sally and even in her terrible condition was trying to soften the blow by saying Sally was beautiful inside and out that's why Kev chose her, he chose her and her girls etc. When push came to shove she didn't want to hurt Sally but had to look out for the interests for her baby. Nor do I believe it was a final revenge on Kev (not that you said it was!), it had everything to do with Jack. And as I said earlier Sally's reaction was totally realistic and had she had time to think I believe would have took Molly's hand again.

And Kev was a total b@stard trying to put all the blame Molly, I hope his conscience bothers him later. Totally agree with what you said about him.

And I'd LOVE that to happen, that something went wrong with the DNA test and Jack IS Tyrone's after all. Dream ending. That baby couldn't have a better dad than Ty :)
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Kitty wrote: »

I want the Ty as baby Jack's father rumour to be true. Then he can get back with Maria and be Team MarTy.

Kev? Meh.

Yes :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't see how the DNA test could have been wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

Wasn't exactly done in clinical conditions though was it? It was on a napkin which could have been contaminated with Kev's own DNA? :confused:

Or am I clutching at straws because I am desperate for Tyrone to be the dad :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member

Kev probably contaminated the dummy with rubbing his mucky hands all over it to "influence" the results.
  • Options
    DippydollyDippydolly Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister and her husband met kevin in real life this summer....he was utterly charming and stayed and had drinks with them all evening. They are both police officers and he was very complimentary about the police.

Some idiots were being stupid with him and shouting abuse at him in the bar but he handled it all with good grace.
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Bad Kitty wrote: »

Kev? Meh.

yes!! i've been saying they'll get back together to my mum for weeks!!
  • Options
    alibobsyalibobsy Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Legally the baby is Ty's until a DNA test with parental consent is put before a court.
    Molly obviously didn't give consent for the test kev supposedly did so that is void (and in reality would never have been done without permission and certainly not as quick as kev reckoned-plus for DNA pat tests isn't it usually a mouth swab ie scrap of the inside of the mouth to get skin cells-saliva does not always contain dna samples-whole thing was rubbish unbelievable and completely unreliable anyway).

Ty is the only one now with legal parental responsibility. I hope the first test is shown to be rubbish and the baby is Ty's. I would love at the hospital Kev offered to give blood for baby Jack, they ask him to donate and it is discovered he can't be the Dad because of his blood group, leaving ty to be the real dad.

Then he can get back with maria and make a nice family hurrah!

ali x
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Sally all the way.

Kevin and Molly's affair had to be the most uncomfortable and unpleasant affair in soap history and also the biggest betrayal (with how long it went on for and baby Jack etc). And even after he was caught out Kevin still had the nerve to blame Sally! I felt so sorry for Sally and hope she never takes him back and Tyrone is better off with Molly dead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Team Tyrone all the way. I hope he raises baby Jack, Kevin is selfish, why should he get the baby?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alibobsy wrote: »
    Legally the baby is Ty's until a DNA test with parental consent is put before a court.
    Molly obviously didn't give consent for the test kev supposedly did so that is void (and in reality would never have been done without permission and certainly not as quick as kev reckoned-plus for DNA pat tests isn't it usually a mouth swab ie scrap of the inside of the mouth to get skin cells-saliva does not always contain dna samples-whole thing was rubbish unbelievable and completely unreliable anyway).

Ty is the only one now with legal parental responsibility. I hope the first test is shown to be rubbish and the baby is Ty's. I would love at the hospital Kev offered to give blood for baby Jack, they ask him to donate and it is discovered he can't be the Dad because of his blood group, leaving ty to be the real dad.

ali x

I LOVE the possibilities presented in this post! Tyrone and Maria getting together and bringing up their babies together? Brilliant! What a great happy ending that would be (to me anyway!) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alibobsy wrote: »

ali x

Yes, please :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    oh god no please dont stick maria into this storyline...ive been enjoying the break from her being onscreen so much.

surely they would have to do a legal DNA test tho?

off topic, but i was quite shocked/disappointment in the totally lack of emotion from kevin about molly dying. he did claim to love her at one point! i dont think kevin deserves anything out of this, this story really made him into a nasty character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I totally agree with you that I hated the way Molly died in great pain and worried about her child (plus big up for Vicky Binns, some fantastic acting there). However I do think her primary reason for confessing was her child, she was trying to make sure he was looked after after her death. As she said he's lost his mother and will need his father so I think it was less to do with clearing her conscience with Sally and everything to do with little Jack. You could tell that she really hated hurting Sally and even in her terrible condition was trying to soften the blow by saying Sally was beautiful inside and out that's why Kev chose her, he chose her and her girls etc. When push came to shove she didn't want to hurt Sally but had to look out for the interests for her baby. Nor do I believe it was a final revenge on Kev (not that you said it was!), it had everything to do with Jack. And as I said earlier Sally's reaction was totally realistic and had she had time to think I believe would have took Molly's hand again.

And Kev was a total b@stard trying to put all the blame Molly, I hope his conscience bothers him later. Totally agree with what you said about him.

And I'd LOVE that to happen, that something went wrong with the DNA test and Jack IS Tyrone's after all. Dream ending. That baby couldn't have a better dad than Ty :)

But baby Jack's best interests are for Ty, the man who's brought him up so far, to continue to do so. And for noone to be any the wiser about his real dad. So that makes her a selfish cow to the end, in my book.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But baby Jack's best interests are for Ty, the man who's brought him up so far, to continue to do so. And for noone to be any the wiser about his real dad. So that makes her a selfish cow to the end, in my book.

I agree entirely.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant stand the websters, Sally in particular, I used to like sophie before she turned in to a whinging nag since the sian business so i say i hope its splits the family up and sally and girls leave the street, leaving kevin lonely in the garage with no mates now ash is dead, martin platts been gone for years and tyrone wont be speaking to him other than to get his share of the garage which ulitmately means kev putting it up for sale and having to leave himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member

yeah but she had already told tyrone he wasnt the dad...she didnt know she was going to die later! it wasnt like it was just something to reveal to sally because she was dying.

fair play molly has been tugging on my heartstrings the last few weeks :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    I would prefer the Websters back together and for Tryonne to never know

I'm in the exact same boat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    yeah but she had already told tyrone he wasnt the dad...she didnt know she was going to die later! it wasnt like it was just something to reveal to sally because she was dying

Hmm, telling Ty that he's not the dad is one thing (and bad enough). Outing the fact that his best mate and business partner is, to that man's wife, is another altogether. With Molly dead Ty could have got over Molly and raised Jack as his own without a whole nasty can of worms being opened up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jack is a matter of months old not 5 or something so to say 'brought him up so far' is a bit questionable IMO. And for all Molly knew Tyrone might not be able to stand looking at that baby now and reject him (she'd be wrong, but she might have thought it would happen). Molly has seen what a decent dad Kev is with his girls and probably thought that he could grow to love Jack if he was forced into accepting him publicly. I still maintain what she did was believing it to be in the best interests of her child although it has to be said, she's created a hell of a lot of damage in doing so, so I'm not necessarily saying I agree with what Molly did but I can understand her reasons for doing it - if that makes sense.

At least if Tyrone DOES take on Jack now he knows the truth and there'll be no nasty surprises further down the line.
    Hmm, telling Ty that he's not the dad is one thing (and bad enough). Outing the fact that his best mate and business partner is, to that man's wife, is another altogether. With Molly dead Ty could have got over Molly and raised Jack as his own without a whole nasty can of worms being opened up.

Unless of course in true soap style Jack needed a blood transplant or similar and the truth came out that way later? What a shock THAT would be! Personally, I think that child deserves to know who his biological father is, deserves to know 'where he comes from' so to speak. It won't stop Tyrone being his 'dad' if he keeps him but everyone knows where they stand. Imagine if Jack got to adulthood and Tyrone and Jack were still none the wiser but medically one of them needed the help of a blood relative and found out that way? :eek: Nah, IMO honesty is the best policy sometimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Sally has forgotten she slept with Ian Davenport because the money was good and it kept Rosie in that private school
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    juliebaird wrote: »
    I'm sure Sally has forgotten she slept with Ian Davenport because the money was good and it kept Rosie in that private school

AND she doesn't know that Kev knows! I'm sure THAT'S going to be thrown in her face pretty soon :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Jack is a matter of months old not 5 or something so to say 'brought him up so far' is a bit questionable IMO. And for all Molly knew Tyrone might not be able to stand looking at that baby now and reject him (she'd be wrong, but she might have thought it would happen). Molly has seen what a decent dad Kev is with his girls and probably thought that he could grow to love Jack if he was forced into accepting him publicly. I still maintain what she did was believing it to be in the best interests of her child although it has to be said, she's created a hell of a lot of damage in doing so, so I'm not necessarily saying I agree with what Molly did but I can understand her reasons for doing it - if that makes sense.

At least if Tyrone DOES take on Jack now he knows the truth and there'll be no nasty surprises further down the line.

Unless of course in true soap style Jack needed a blood transplant or similar and the truth came out that way later? What a shock THAT would be! Personally, I think that child deserves to know who his biological father is, deserves to know 'where he comes from' so to speak. It won't stop Tyrone being his 'dad' if he keeps him but everyone knows where they stand. Imagine if Jack got to adulthood and Tyrone and Jack were still none the wiser but medically one of them needed the help of a blood relative and found out that way? :eek: Nah, IMO honesty is the best policy sometimes.

Weeeell, I'll try to give her the benefit of the doubt :) Can't bear to see poor Ty hurt though!
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Sally all the way one of my favourite characters
    On This Morning today the soaps woman said that Sally spends a night with Tyrone!!! ;)