Options

***The NEW OFFICIAL Christina Aguilera Appreciation Thread (Part 2) ***

Comments

• Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wasnt that W cover just like a piss take of photoshop! like tongue in cheek!

Either way ;)

And yes Stripped i cannot believe how harsh critically it was! Saying she was trying too hard, she was trying out out-sex Britney and out-confess P!nk and cash in etc.etc. i mean WTF! I swear some reviewers hadnt heard the album.

What Xtina did with Stripped was show that you can really brach out your emotions within the Pop genre and on the same disc and have such an explorational discovery about oneself! It was like a living audio diary that went where no contemporary popstar could go before and embraced one heck of a lot of musically and creativity! I miss that era but damn i lived it :)

21 my ass.....Stripped FTW!! :cool:

Back To Basics was underrated too IMO!

Was that really the reaction to it? I was only 12 I think when Stripped when came out. Oh, I do miss the times when I just bought music and listened to it, and didn't know about all the crap people say about it!
    franster wrote: »
    Yeah, although the vital difference between Stripped Xtina and rihanna/kesha/katy perry was that whilst Christina was dressing like a prostitute, she was a bloody talented prostitute with something important to say. With the exception of her debut and some of the tracks on Bionic, she's never sang pointless 'catchy' songs which ultimately have no meaning. That (and her voice) is why the woman has kept my attention for 12 years

Exactly. Everyone goes on about singers being overly sexual nowadays, and I agree when it's singers who have to be like that because they can't just rely on their voice. Christina is sexual, and dressed how she did during the Stripped era, because she could, because she could back it up with the voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And yes Stripped i cannot believe how harsh critically it was! Saying she was trying too hard, she was trying out out-sex Britney and out-confess P!nk and cash in etc.etc. i mean WTF! I swear some reviewers hadnt heard the album.

Right! And what I find so hilarious about it now is how the media/blogs/etc. refer to Stripped like it was some critically revered masterpiece (which obviously it was to the fans). Amazing what high sales can do to alter people's perception ;)

Its the same with B2B, when it came out everyone was like 'we want stripped xtina back, this is boring' and then when Bionic came out it was a case of 'aw, i miss soulful Christina, that was her best era'. Apparently forgetting that at the time she was 'boring'. I'm just waiting for her to bring out her new album and for people to be like 'aw, i miss edgy christina from bionic!' lol.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    franster wrote: »
    Right! And what I find so hilarious about it now is how the media/blogs/etc. refer to Stripped like it was some critically revered masterpiece (which obviously it was to the fans). Amazing what high sales can do to alter people's perception ;)

Its the same with B2B, when it came out everyone was like 'we want stripped xtina back, this is boring' and then when Bionic came out it was a case of 'aw, i miss soulful Christina, that was her best era'. Apparently forgetting that at the time she was 'boring'. I'm just waiting for her to bring out her new album and for people to be like 'aw, i miss edgy christina from bionic!' lol.

I love the fact that she knew that would happen too, so already wrote a song about it on B2B! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moves Like Jagger has apparently got a 10 second leak out a friend posted on my wall!

and it sounds very synthy, but not "commercial" like Birds Of Prey kinda sound. dunno HOW to post it but will find a way :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOUND IT

http://soundcloud.com/paganpoet/moves-like-jagger-8-seconds

lemme know wha u think lads n lasses :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song is here - http://www.musicinfosystems.com/mmrwebinclude/player.asp?sngcde=MAROMLJ

Living for Xtina's part however a bit too much Adam for me but it is their song so :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FOUND IT

http://soundcloud.com/paganpoet/moves-like-jagger-8-seconds

lemme know wha u think lads n lasses :)

It's catchy and i really realy like Xtina's part, her voice sounds soo good but wish also she'd sang abit of the chorus too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seriously Xtina is soo versatile, i love how she can just collaborate so easily with other artists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is, and The Voice has done wonders re-vitalising her as an artist :) am proud of Lady Aguilera i truly am :-)

will listen in a bit to it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heard it and love it....neeeds a bit more Xtina but damn she deliver and tis catchy :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    listening to it now. is it christina's track or maroon 5's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    listening to it now. is it christina's track or maroon 5's

its Maroon 5, but she owns it :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the song is trending No.3 WORLDWIDE woot Moves Like Jagger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://i52.tinypic.com/25sookg.jpg lovin the song, its grown on me!
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucyKay18 wrote: »
    http://i52.tinypic.com/25sookg.jpg lovin the song, its grown on me!

Lmfao! that gif. I love it
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I really like the new song.

Her vocal is awesome!:)
  • Options
    UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really quite like the new tune. Shame X only appears for the final minute though.

I noticed XTina has been getting a slagging off in the Lady Gaga appreciation topic....... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL Xtina knows how to make them mad for whatever reason.

And also Mr Fahrenheit knows not to slag her off in here. http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llgh8ba8xG1qdf8w1o1_500.gif

He ain't foolin no-one. Forever a pressed hater.
  • Options
    †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! I am a Maroon5 fan and an Xtina fan and them together makes me very very very happy! :D:D:D

I got the best of both worlds here :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It's fun and catchy, I like it. I can imagine it catching on if radios give them a chance.

Anyone else think it came about after Jagger's performance at the Grammys?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the feedback has been really good. It just makes me wish Monday Morning was released last time this year. such a summer tune!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LucyKay18 wrote: »
    the feedback has been really good. It just makes me wish Monday Morning was released last time this year. such a summer tune!

She should definately have released Monday Morning. It's one of my favourite Christina songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I kinda like the song but...I don't really think she adds much to it. I think I would like the song just as much if she wasn't there. I can't imagine Castle Walls, Lady Marmalade, TYHB etc. without Christina but this one and Tell Me...I don't really think she adds much to either song. And its not even really about how much she sings in it, she doesn't sing much in Castle Walls either and yet I think she pretty much makes that song. I dunno, I'm not really a huge fan of Maroon 5 and it sounds like a Maroon 5 song maybe thats why I'm kinda underwhelmed.

Her vocals are nice though and she looked great when she performed it yesterday.

I can imagine it doing pretty well though. Hopefully theres a video, I've missed music video Christina :D
  • Options
    Bettie_BooBettie_Boo Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the track but wish Christina had been given some more of the song. I thought it would have been more of a duet rather than just a 'feature' but if it gets XTina back out there I'm all for it.

The Voice performance of it!! lol :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMvThvbcp8w
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Giving Bionic a spin

:cool:
This discussion has been closed.