This Is What Happens When The Public Sees A Woman Abusing A Man

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    It's socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man because women are seen as much weaker than men and are therefore, unable to inflict as much (if any) damage.

People aren't concerned about him because they think he's in no danger. Social rules prevent him from hitting back and they know this and trust that he'll follow them.

Him hitting her is different because in their eyes, she doesn't stand a chance unless someone intervenes. Then you have the whole issue of him being a coward because he's attacking a person that couldn't possibly win the fight unless there's outside intervention.

This state of affairs is perpetuated in part by the ridiculous notion - often spoken by men who see themselves as gentlemen or 'real men' - that a man shouldn't ever retaliate when hit by a woman.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO3QEw34QNM A small woman can defeat a larger man if she knows what she's doing and does it with confidence!

That girl looks as though she has some martial arts training. Most of us don't. What would have happened if he'd had the same level of training?
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    To say a man is stronger than a woman is just wrong, as woman can do as much or more damage than a man.

I remember reading a report some time ago that a woman will give it all she's got when attacking a man, a man tends to reign it in.

My dad who used to be a local policeman said that the worse case of domestic abuse he ever saw was a woman attacking a man, where the mans' eyes was hanging out of it's socket by the time they were able to drag the woman of the victim.

The matter never went to court as the woman was half his size and the man was embarrassed to take action from fear of ridicule.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    you didnt buy that PC/feminism is about equality did you?

HAHAHA
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »
    To say a man is stronger than a woman is just wrong, as woman can do as much or more damage than a man.

I remember reading a report some time ago that a woman will give it all she's got when attacking a man, a man tends to reign it in.

My dad who used to be a local policeman said that the worse case of domestic abuse he ever saw was a woman attacking a man, where the mans' eyes was hanging out of it's socket by the time they were able to drag the woman of the victim.

The matter never went to court as the woman was half his size and the man was embarrassed to take action from fear of ridicule.

No, it's right. Men are, on average, a hell of a lot stronger than women. To say anything else is simply ridiculous. One case doesn't prove anything about what happens in general.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    As the arguments were staged I wonder if those people standing by that intervened the first argument were questioned afterwards as to why they didn't intervene the second time?
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »

Its far from wrong

On average, Males are ridiculously stronger than females

this doesn't in anyway justify female violence toward men however
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    you didnt buy that PC/feminism is about equality did you?

HAHAHA

My thoughts exactly. As a reformed feminist I no longer believe in such claptrap.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    Its far from wrong

On average, Males are ridiculously stronger than females

this doesn't in anyway justify female violence toward men however

Female violence towards men is terrible; but there is a categoric different in virtually every case - obscenely muscular women and very slight men aside.

If a male is physically attacking a female, there is every chance that he can cause serious injury or death. The reverse is not true.

It's that simple and all the namby-pamby 'it's the same thing!!!' utterances won't change that.
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    If I mentioned that it transpires that the most recent senior editor at the Guardian is a radical feminist...?

This rag is as much drivel as the The Daily Mail. The only difference being that the Guriaonod loses money hand over fist.

I'm rather proud of the fact that I haven't had a single post "allowed" in their forums for well over three years. It proves they have no ability to accept humour, satire or any rational argument against their shrill feminazi and paranoid agenda.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Female violence towards men is terrible; but there is a categoric different in virtually every case - obscenely muscular women and very slight men aside.

If a male is physically attacking a female, there is every chance that he can cause serious injury or death. The reverse is not true.

It's that simple and all the namby-pamby 'it's the same thing!!!' utterances won't change that.

Wow. Just wow. That is a very ignorant point of view, imo.
    Forum Member
    Wow. Just wow. That is a very ignorant point of view, imo.

I assume patsylimerick meant to say 'with bare hands'. Obviously a woman can kill a man by using a weapon but a man can kill a woman by strangulation or with one blow. Hell, we've even seen cases where a man has killed another man with one blow.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    It's not a bloody competition. ANY violence is wrong. Of course, on average, women are less strong than men, but being hit by a woman still hurts and they can still do plenty of damage (I can testify to that... my abusive ex-partner easily broke my nose). I don't give a toss who is hitting who - instead of arguing whether men or women suffer the worst domestic violence, or whether feminists do this or men do that... how about we join forces and help to do something about it.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I assume patsylimerick meant to say 'with bare hands'. Obviously a woman can kill a man by using a weapon but a man can kill a woman by strangulation or with one blow. Hell, we've even seen cases where a man has killed another man with one blow.

It's not unheard of for a woman to do the same to a man either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12335201
    A woman who killed a father-of-two in Glasgow with a single punch has been jailed for six years and nine months.

Kayleigh Murray, 20, from Shettleston, admitted the culpable homicide of 29-year-old Paul Woods in the city's Maryhill Road, on 28 July last year.

She punched Mr Woods after he chased her friend, 19-year-old Chelsea Speirs, who had just stolen his alcohol.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-trial-killing-rapper-punch/story?id=13724992
    A 142 pound woman is on trial for killing an aspiring rapper with one punch to the face during a party game in which the victim agreed to be hit as part of a $5 bet.
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    It's not a bloody competition. ANY violence is wrong. Of course, on average, women are less strong than men, but being hit by a woman still hurts and they can still do plenty of damage (I can testify to that... my abusive ex-partner easily broke my nose). I don't give a toss who is hitting who - instead of arguing whether men or women suffer the worst domestic violence, or whether feminists do this or men do that... how about we join forces and help to do something about it.

That would be far too sensible ;-)
    Forum Member
    Resonance wrote: »

Two cases. Would you like me to provide you with a list of women who have been killed by a man, using his bare hands? I could be gone for quite some time though. Maybe I should restrict myself to this year only. Or possibly just this month. How does that sound?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two cases. Would you like me to provide you with a list of women who have been killed by a man, using his bare hands? I could be gone for quite some time though. Maybe I should restrict myself to this year only. Or possibly just this month. How does that sound?

Calm down :)

You said - "Hell, we've even seen cases where a man has killed another man with one blow."

I was merely pointing out it's not unheard of that a woman can kill a man with one blow.

Did I say it happened more than the other way round.......errrrm NO! Did I say it's not unheard of - yes I did.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

Couldn't agree more. :)
    Forum Member
    Resonance wrote: »
    Calm down :)

You said - "Hell, we've even seen cases where a man has killed another man with one blow."

I was merely pointing out it's not unheard of that a woman can kill a man with one blow.

Did I say it happened more than the other way round.......errrrm NO! Did I say it's not unheard of - yes I did.

In that case, you have my apologies. I'd assumed you were one of the 'nice guys' :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that case, you have my apologies. I'd assumed you were one of the 'nice guys' :)

Nah, I'm horrible :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, of course that's what I meant. Thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I fully agree with this. What I find disconcerting is the effort by some to insist that they are exactly the same thing. They really are not.
  • PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people intervening are actors too IMO.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical.

Equality in this country has a long way to go.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted: duplicate post