Options

CBS Drama coming to freeview?

Comments

• Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just had a look and the Youview app don't seem to list CBS Drama in the apps EPG.
    Hope it will show up on the Youview app soon.

Darren
  • Options
    epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    Just paying ITV for their space ..may as well sell the space I guess.

Next move probably ITV 3+1 to SDN when contract runs out. I suspect it's making use of the space it has paid for.

Moving CITV & ITV3+1 (rather than The Store & ITV4+1) to ARQ B tends to suggest that ITV doesn't plan to give up that capacity any time soon.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Well, not until a 16th stream is squeezed onto SDN, or an 11th on D3&4!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Well, not until a 16th stream is squeezed onto SDN, or an 11th on D3&4!!

There's already noticeable bit rate starvation on the multiplexes with 15 streams. If they keep on cramming in more streams the PQ will be dreadful. That's not to say it won't happen.
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is going to happen. We all known it will given how they are going about things. DSO2 in time could help with the extra space for more channels - but suspect we shall just see even more cramming still happening.
  • Options
    Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens on Sept 1st - it's listed as on Freeview 74 from that date in Radio Times.
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    epsilon wrote: »
    There's already noticeable bit rate starvation on the multiplexes with 15 streams. If they keep on cramming in more streams the PQ will be dreadful.

What do you mean, "will be"?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens on Sept 1st - it's listed as on Freeview 74 from that date in Radio Times.

The combined bitrate of the existing streams has already been reduced and padded with null packets to allow for this, so there should be no further reduction in PQ when the actual service launches.

Currently, the duplicate CITV / ITV3+1 services on 793/5 are using the capacity which will be used by CBS Drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    What do you mean, "will be"?!

You have a point. :p

But I meant significantly worse than the sub-standard quality we currently "enjoy",
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Quick guide to the new shows on CBS Drama from 1 Sept.

Mon-Fri
    11.00 & 17.00 Judgding Amy
    13.00 Beverley Hills 90210
    14.00 Father Dowling Mysteries
    20.00 Waterloo Road
    21.00 Clocking Off
    22.05 Sex and the City
    22.40 Californication
    23.15 Nurse Jackie

Matlock, Knots Landing, Dallas and Jerry Springer continue
    Rapid Response and 1pm movie dropped.
    Judge Judy curtailed, Outrageous Fortune moved to 3.30am
    Prison Diaries dropped from the weekend.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting analysis of the effect Freeview has had on the CBS channels on Sky Media's site:

"CBS Action and CBS Reality launched on Freeview in 2014 while Horror Channel joined the DTT platform in April this year. All three channels have seen their audience levels increase by over 150% since launch on DTT with CBS Reality going on to be the biggest factual entertainment channel in the country and Horror Channel the second most-watched movie channel in the UK."

http://www.skymedia.co.uk/news/cbs-drama-to-launch-on-freeview.aspx?year=2015
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    Interesting analysis of the effect Freeview has had on the CBS channels on Sky Media's site:

"CBS Action and CBS Reality launched on Freeview in 2014 while Horror Channel joined the DTT platform in April this year. All three channels have seen their audience levels increase by over 150% since launch on DTT with CBS Reality going on to be the biggest factual entertainment channel in the country and Horror Channel the second most-watched movie channel in the UK."

Lets hope the UKTV channels take note.
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gottago wrote: »

Interesting statistics. According to BARB the Horror Channel has had a big increase in viewers compared with this time last year but the increase for Reality and Action is much smaller. As for Horror being the number two film channel it has a maximum of 130,000 viewers compared with Film 4s 770,000 according to their latest figures.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting statistics. According to BARB the Horror Channel has had a big increase in viewers compared with this time last year but the increase for Reality and Action is much smaller. As for Horror being the number two film channel it has a maximum of 130,000 viewers compared with Film 4s 770,000 according to their latest figures.

I cant say I watch CBS Reality much for the likes of Judge Judy that I sometimes watch is also on other channels.
    CBS Action I do watch at times. As for the Horror channel I have been a little disappointed with it so far.
    CBS Drama theres a few shows on there that used to watch. So will be recording that channel at times. to watch some shows.

Darren
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBS Drama now on air.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original incarnation of Dallas back on free to air terrestrial TV, and as far as I can tell this is the first time since the BBC stopped showing it in the early 1990s.

When Channel 5 launched in 1997 they said they were going to show it again right from the start, but they never did.

Amazing for a series which was one of the most popular and talked about of its time, maybe of all time.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn ... yet another rubbish channel to delete from the programme guide.
  • Options
    philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,178
    Forum Member
    If I deleated every channel that showed a load of rubbish - most of the ITV ones would go first!

There are some good thing on CBS Drama, give a channel a chance - they have shown some gripping dramas in the past
  • Options
    Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nurse Jackie starts late this evening.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard good things about Nurse Jackie, so might give it a go, and another run at Sex & The City never hurts. As long as they show it in 4:3 and not crop it to 14:9 like Comedy Central do.
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I deleated every channel that showed a load of rubbish - most of the ITV ones would go first!

There are some good thing on CBS Drama, give a channel a chance - they have shown some gripping dramas in the past

Wish I could ring the BBC & tell them I've deleted there channels so stuff there licence :D
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I could ring the BBC & tell them I've deleted there channels so stuff there licence :D
    That wouldn't leave much worth watching.
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    Ooh, Taxi is on on the weekends. Haven't seen that in a while. *sets PVR to record*
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Compared to the opening night. the DOG has been toned down to grey and moved into the corner a bit.
  • Options
    SteUKSteUK Posts: 5,834
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying the reruns of Waterloo Road.