Sawfeh and Maddeh

1234568»

Comments

• Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    Can you show me the law that this applies to.

Sophie has not abused anyone. Maddy wanted to have sex with Sophie and Maddy is not below the age of consent.

If Sophie was still working for the Soup Kitchen then she may (possibly) lose her job.

However the only people that can be prosecuted for having sex with an under 18 year old is someone in a position of authority over that person. Such as teachers, social workers & young offender detention centre staff etc.

If they were having a relationship with someone over 18 then teachers etc might lose their jobs but nothing more. Even between 16-18 there would have to be some sign of coercion on the part of the adult for the police to prosecute.

Indecently I doubt if the producers will go down the possible abuse story route. It would be to close to recent real life allegations.
    The Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006; this law applies to employees and volunteers. If Social Workers were looking for Maddie, we can assume she is in their care until the age of 18, which means she is classed as vulnerable, one of the people this act was brought in to safeguard; in her case to safeguard against the likes of Sophie Webster. Even if no prosecution was brought against (the fictional) Sophie, she would at least have her DBS rescinded.
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    The Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006; this law applies to employees and volunteers. If Social Workers were looking for Maddie, we can assume she is in their care until the age of 18, which means she is classed as vulnerable, one of the people this act was brought in to safeguard; in her case to safeguard against the likes of Sophie Webster. Even if no prosecution was brought against (the fictional) Sophie, she would at least have her DBS rescinded.

Is Maddy over the age of consent

Yes she is.

Does that mean social workers have the right to stop 16 & 17 year olds from engaging in sexual activity with older people.

No they don't.

Did Maddy want to have sex with Sophie.

Yes she did.

Did Sophie coerce Maddy into having sex with her.

No she did not.

Was Sophie in a position of authority.

No she was not.

Was Sophie in a position of trust.

No she was not.

Did Sophie quit her job before anything happened between her and Maddy.

Yes she did.

As far as I am concerned Sophie has done nothing wrong and Maddy would be better off staying with Sophie rather than living on the street.

The circumstances should always be taken into account and in these kind of cases.

In my view what happened to Jenna was wrong as well. Sophie's pursuit of her should be taken into account as should Maddy's pursuit of Sophie.

Sophie was an adult well over the age of consent and while Maddy is not officially an adult she is over the age of consent and they are very close in age.

If this means that Sophie has the ability to help homeless people (or any other people who need help). Then the law is bad and should be changed.
  • JoshuaRyJoshuaRy Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Their relationship isn't the norm as Maddie is a homeless girl who has many problems. So it will be strained, full of arguments etc, given Maddie's situation and her terrible temper.

I've started to like Maddie an awful lot, though. I assume (and hope) she'll do a Becky/Kylie and prove herself to be a nice girl underneath. I just hope they're going to do that transition soon and get her some nice clobber too.

I still can't abide Sophie though.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We must agree to disagree amicably on this, OM.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    JoshuaRy wrote: »
    Their relationship isn't the norm as Maddie is a homeless girl who has many problems. So it will be strained, full of arguments etc, given Maddie's situation and her terrible temper.

I've started to like Maddie an awful lot, though. I assume (and hope) she'll do a Becky/Kylie and prove herself to be a nice girl underneath. I just hope they're going to do that transition soon and get her some nice clobber too.

I still can't abide Sophie though.

I'm not sure what to make of Maddeh at the moment but the actress who plays Sawfeh simply cannot act. She screeches and pouts and flicks her hair about. And that's about it for her.

I thought the scenes in Friday's episode with Maddeh chucking stuff at a bunch of compete strangers was pathetic. I really don't know where this S/L is going but the sooner these two are off my screen the better.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not sure if Sophie would be prosecuted but there is scope for exploitation. Maddeh is vulnerable, Sophie offers Toput Maddeh up in Sally's house. However Sophie also fancies Maddeh. Isn't it possible that Maddeh might be afraid that if she doesn't have sex/a relationship with Sophie then Sophie will withdraw her offer. So Maddeh sleeps with Sophie. Now of course this could be one sided, however Sophie could actually be well aware of Madden's vulnerability and be using it to get what she wants.
  • Minnie NinjaMinnie Ninja Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I wish they would run away together, never to be seen again.

Sawfeh is a whining, selfish, immature character and Maddeh is a thieving skank who needs a good wash and some serious attitude adjustment therapy.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if Sophie would be prosecuted but there is scope for exploitation. Maddeh is vulnerable, Sophie offers Toput Maddeh up in Sally's house. However Sophie also fancies Maddeh. Isn't it possible that Maddeh might be afraid that if she doesn't have sex/a relationship with Sophie then Sophie will withdraw her offer. So Maddeh sleeps with Sophie. Now of course this could be one sided, however Sophie could actually be well aware of Madden's vulnerability and be using it to get what she wants.

Tbf there's been absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Maddeh's thinking that way. On the contrary, she's been the one making all the sexual advances from day one.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Amy Kelly has the potential to be good but is let down by Brooke Vincent's acting. I really dont know what has happened to BV. IMO she was so much better before she was outed as a lesbian. I dont know what happens to soap child actors when they get older? They need to take a break and attend drama school or some sort of transition training which takes them into adult acting.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brooke Vincent was a lovely little actress, but something has happened in the last few years that has made her character so loathsome, I particularly do not buy the look of love she does it looks more like a lazy eyed look and it doesn't work and whether that is something to do with the director, who knows. a lot of Sophie watching her new loves is always screened but it just doesn't look right, she doesn't look like she is in love or in lust.

She used to be great

Is it when Sian left? Is it when Rosie left?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Brooke Vincent was a lovely little actress, but something has happened in the last few years that has made her character so loathsome, I particularly do not buy the look of love she does it looks more like a lazy eyed look and it doesn't work and whether that is something to do with the director, who knows. a lot of Sophie watching her new loves is always screened but it just doesn't look right, she doesn't look like she is in love or in lust.

She used to be great

Isn't that to do with her poor acting skills? She could probably get away with her acting as a child but as an adult she's poor. Sally and Tim are pretty good. Shame they have to work with someone so naff.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Isn't that to do with her poor acting skills? She could probably get away with her acting as a child but as an adult she's poor. Sally and Tim are pretty good. Shame they have to work with someone so naff.

She wasn't a child in 2011 and she could act then
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She used to be great

The first time I found her annoying was in 2011 (when she was still with Sian). I remember some awful episodes with her screeching and crying that year, one of them included her getting drunk and falling off a church roof. I admit I was relieved when she fell. Then at the end of the year with that failed marriage to Sian, complete with more unbearable crying and screeching from her. However before all that the character was fine, although I recall a similar story to this one where she ran away and stayed at a hostel with Sian.

Since then I think she has just gotten worse and worse. Her forgetful relationship with Jenna, nearly costing Paul his job, not being pleasant to Gail or Tim, but this Maddie storyline has just made Sophie hit an all time low. I don't care what happens to her, I didn't even care when those lads at the Hostel attacked her and Maddie (serves her right for attacking Tim and thinking it was a laughing matter). But no doubt they will slither back in the street and take advantage of both Kevin and Sally.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first time I found her annoying was in 2011 (when she was still with Sian). I remember some awful episodes with her screeching and crying that year, one of them included her getting drunk and falling off a church roof. I admit I was relieved when she fell. Then at the end of the year with that failed marriage to Sian, complete with more unbearable crying and screeching from her. However before all that the character was fine, although I recall a similar story to this one where she ran away and stayed at a hostel with Sian.

Since then I think she has just gotten worse and worse. Her forgetful relationship with Jenna, nearly costing Paul his job, not being pleasant to Gail or Tim, but this Maddie storyline has just made Sophie hit an all time low. I don't care what happens to her, I didn't even care when those lads at the Hostel attacked her and Maddie (serves her right for attacking Tim and thinking it was a laughing matter). But no doubt they will slither back in the street and take advantage of both Kevin and Sally.

Brooke Vincent started in Corrie in 2008 and she was pretty good then. But over the years she has got worse.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Brooke Vincent started in Corrie in 2008 and she was pretty good then. But over the years she has got worse.

It was back in 2004. But I agree she was great, it was until at least late 2010/early 2011 she began to get annoying and the character has just got worse and worse. Wish she would stop obsessing over Maddie and return to college, build herself a good life and find a decent girlfriend (well, for a while anyway, I know its a soap).
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't a child in 2011 and she could act then

In 2011 Sophie was with Sian and all they did was scream at each other much like she does with Maddie. So, she couldn't act in 2011. She was ok in her younger teens when she didn't have much to do in Corrie but as she's got older and got her own SLs she's naff!

I just wonder where she can go from here. I pity Sally and the rest of her family if Sophie ever decides she wants a baby. :o
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    Again, this so-called 'couple' spend their entire time together shouting, screaming and scowling at each other.

Please Corrie get rid of them PDQ!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Tbf there's been absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Maddeh's thinking that way. On the contrary, she's been the one making all the sexual advances from day one.

I've considered this point too and though there hasn't been any evidence my thought was that it was simply the way Maddie might think. She may not actually know she is being exploited in that it may just be second nature to her to believe she has to give something when she receives something. She has displayed a lot of characteristics of someone who doesn't act 'normally'. She is all hard edges and finds it impossible to be grateful because I think she sees that as letting her guard down. I think if she just accepted the Webster's generosity at face value she wouldn't feel in control and she would feel at their mercy. This way she feels she has somewhat of a place and is somewhat in control.

Having said all that I don't think Corrie are necessarily playing it this way but it does come across to me like that.