Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Well, LBC really are plumbing the depths giving that disgusting racist air time and publicity. I noticed this morning Allen often made reference to Hopkins' column in The Sun (The Sun!). If anyone caught Nick's show, I'd be interested to know what he talked to Ms-Bomb-the-Vermin about.

You're right, she makes comments that would get anyone else investigated, usually against Muslims (she thinks that all Muslims have terrorist inclinations), there are some disgusting things she's said and has got away with.
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This morning NF had some complaining about journalists. Nick thought he said "Germans" and wondered what they had to do with the conversation !
    I hope he didn't mention the war!? :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »

You're right of course. Get a group of gaymos together and they're likely to be highly non-PC in the way they refer to each other. However if a straight person walks in and starts calling people "queer" they're likely to punched up the throat, (or get their eyes scratched out ;-) ).

Alan Carr said recently ( after a Twitter spat) that the most homophobia he gets is from other gay men!

The first time I sae Catherine Tates 'Derek Faye' character I thought of Steve Allen.

' Gay dear? who dear? Me dear? No dear '

Morning g-s :)

I had to smile last night when Olly Mann (oily man) thought a 'tacho break' (as in tachometer break) for lorry drivers was a taco break (as in Mexican food).

He has a degree in English literature and a pleasant voice, but does seem a little naive when it comes to general knowledge. At least he was 'Mann' enough to own up to his mistake, after receiving several text messages calling him a wally. Wally Mann? :D

That made me chuckle. Bless.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    JHB has lost her voice.

Anyone wish to join me in a chorus of Hallelujah?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JHB has lost her voice.

((((((((((((((((((HALLELUJAH)))))))))))))))))))
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand from Twitter that Nick Ferrari had that hideous troll thing, Hopkins, on his show this morning.

She referred to him as 'gorgeous', making no mention of his generous weight, yet she has relentlessly mocked Gemma Collins over her size.

If this oxygen abuser is the sort of guest he's having on the show, I know I made the right decision to give up tuning in to him.

lucky lbc have nobody spouting out the same kind of thing :blush:
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JHB has lost her voice.

Let's hope it's something infectious and every LBC presenter is stuck down with it (apart from Ian Collins and Nick).
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope it's something infectious and every LBC presenter is stuck down with it (apart from Ian Collins and Nick).

Blimey. There are plenty of presenters I don't like on LBC, bit mean-spirited to wish them ill though?
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice. :(
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Count me in, bob. The man is absolutely dire.

Oops....I thought that DB's last hour, yesterday/today, on the, "Town fox issue" was interesting, exploring a variety of caller opinions :blush:

Afternoon to All x
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops....I thought that DB's last hour, yesterday/today, on the, "Town fox issue" was interesting, exploring a variety of caller opinions :blush:

Afternoon to All x
    Fair enough, CC. I listened to the one-sided 'debate' on whether to pay ransoms or not, but switched off after the table-thumping episodes. Maybe he calmed down a bit!?
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, she makes comments that would get anyone else investigated, usually against Muslims (she thinks that all Muslims have terrorist inclinations), there are some disgusting things she's said and has got away with.

the sun editor stig abell (she writes for him) calls her a 'professional contrarian' . all the more reason to ignore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Blimey. There are plenty of presenters I don't like on LBC, bit mean-spirited to wish them ill though?

Lightened up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curious how the death of israelis is headlined yet the deaths of palestinians is almost always ignored.

israel bombed mosques in gaza in its recent war with little condemnation from lbc (or bbc for that matter) but todays murder in a synagogue is reported as something wholly heinous.

it is this agenda driven reporting that serves no one.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    curious how the death of israelis is headlined yet the deaths of palestinians is almost always ignored.

israel bombed mosques in gaza in its recent war with little condemnation from lbc (or bbc for that matter) but todays murder in a synagogue is reported as something wholly heinous.

Perhaps be more appropriate on the Politics thread?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the sun editor stig abell (she writes for him) calls her a 'professional contrarian' . all the more reason to ignore.

There is only one thing she is professional about, and that is being an ignoramus.
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,751
    Forum Member
    Well, LBC really are plumbing the depths giving that disgusting racist air time and publicity. I noticed this morning Allen often made reference to Hopkins' column in The Sun (The Sun!). If anyone caught Nick's show, I'd be interested to know what he talked to Ms-Bomb-the-Vermin about.

Surely even LBC wouldn't give her a show would they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Perhaps be more appropriate on the Politics thread?
    not really. Its specifically about lbc and how it runs its agenda . But thanks for your polite suggestion. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more with everything you've said.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She said, and quite rightly IMO, that it was beyond ridiculous and bordering on the sinister that people made such a fuss about the shirt the scientist wore at a press conference to the extent the poor bloke broke down after what should have been one of the best moments of his life after 10 years working on the probe just landed on the comet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So it's okay to go into a synagogue and murder four people?

Try the politics thread in GD, it's all been on there for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »
    So it's okay to go into a synagogue and murder four people?

Try the politics thread in GD, it's all been on there for a while.

I agree, how many times do the Mods have to post messages here about the purposefully set up LBC POLITICS thread?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, how many times do the Mods have to post messages here about the purposefully set up LBC POLITICS thread?

Or even the actual politics thread, this is an ongoing thread on there.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
This discussion has been closed.