Options

What established TV actors would you want cast in EastEnders?

StubeStube Posts: 16,834
Forum Member
✭✭
After reading that Roxanne McKee (Louise from Holloaks) might make an appearance, I was thinking what other established TV actor would be an asset to the show if they joined?

Obviously be realistic with your suggestions - someone who isn't currently in another soap unless they are due to leave. :p

My suggestions are:
  • Sarah Parish (from Cutting It, Mistresses) - she's a brilliant actress with lots of charisma.
  • Susie Amy (Chardonnay in Footballers' Wives) - she's a great actress who looks glamorous.
  • Gary Lucy (Will in The Bill, Kyle in Footballers' Wives) - he would be well-suited to the show.
  • Jessica Fox (Nancy in Hollyoaks) - that's if she is leaving, I think she is another great actress.

Btw, it would be very weird if Gary and Susie both joined EE considering that they were married to each other in FW. :p

Any more great TV actors out there?

Comments

• Options
    Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dervla Kirwan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I forgot Waterloo Road as well.

Eva Pope would be a brilliant addition to the cast as I think she's extremely versatile. A slapper in Corrie and the kindest head-mistress in Waterloo Road. :D

Dannielle Brent, who played Natalie Buxton in Bad Girls, would also be great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also Lorcan Cranitch in Eastenders would be excellent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoffrey Bayldon would be excelent too as an older character. Maybe an old boyfrend that Dot had years ago that comes to Albert Square looking for her.
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Joanna Lumley as Pats secret sister
  • Options
    PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    I would like Linda Bellingham to be given a role in Coronation Street--She is a superb actress who would be brilliant in Corrie particularly playing an eccentric character.

I would like also to see the actress who plays Morag in Home and awaay --Cornelia Frances move into a british soap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    You've missed on June Brown and the 2 people that play/played Patrick and Liz who were in Love Thy Neighbour together.
    Jake wood and Jo Joyner,Nina Wadia and mas(forgot his real name) have had a handfull of other tv jobs including films

Oh yeah Jake, Jo, Rudolph and Nina are all brilliant. I think Liz (forgot the actress' name) was underused though. :(

I'm probably going to get mobbed out of here but, from what I've seen of Dot over the past 10 or so years, June doesn't seem to be one of the show's best actors. For her age, she is great though and was probably amazing in her prime.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Lynda Bellingham would be more suited to Emmerdale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Oh yeah Jake, Jo, Rudolph and Nina are all brilliant. I think Liz (forgot the actress' name) was underused though. :(

I'm probably going to get mobbed out of here but, from what I've seen of Dot over the past 10 or so years, June doesn't seem to be one of the show's best actors. For her age, she is great though and was probably amazing in her prime.

The problem with Dot now is that she only really works if she has characters to bounce off, though you could say that about any character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanna Lumley as Pats secret sister

Oh she would be brilliant!

Also, Zoe Wanamaker (Susan from My Family) would be phenomenal in EastEnders. Love the actress.

Add Olivia Hallinan (Ellie[?] in Girls In Love, and starred in Sugar Rush) and Zaraah Abrahams (Joanne in Corrie, Michaela in Waterloo Road) to the list.
  • Options
    PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Hullad10---Dot is the only character in soap history to have been in an episode entirely on her own.Dot and nobody but Dot for the entire 30 minute episode as she anguished over Jim and June Brown carried it off briliantly.
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma Rigby might make a good replacement actress for Lucy Beale.

Michael Cane would make a great guest star, as would Ray Winston.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hullad10---Dot is the only character in soap history to have been in an episode entirely on her own.Dot and nobody but Dot for the entire 30 minute episode as she anguished over Jim and June Brown carried it off briliantly.

Yeah I see your point that was brilliant episode I was surprised they actually went ahead with it, June Brown is a fantastic actress though IMO Dot does work best when she has someone to bounce off.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Shane Richie should join as himself... Oh wait!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    Emma Rigby might make a good replacement actress for Lucy Beale.

Michael Cane would make a great guest star, as would Ray Winston.

Wasn't Ray Winstone wanted to for the role of Archie initially but he said no because he didn't think he was old enough to be Sam Womack's dad! But he has said previously he would love to be in Eastenders at some point in his career.

Emma Rigby is a good actress but she is too old to take over from Melissa for the role of Lucy Beale. Rupert Penry Jones is a good actor who would be brilliant in eastenders but I think he picks his roles very carefully and doesn't like to be tied down to one show for too long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Fountain - would've been great as the Mitchell brother but instead we had Liam with his wierd hair and lips :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    Chris Fountain - would've been great as the Mitchell brother but instead we had Liam with his wierd hair and lips :p

I love Chris Founatin - and I agree he would have been perfect as Ronnie/Roxy's brother. I think he is someone that I can see joining eastenders at some point down the line with BK in charge. He always had a lot of respect for Chris, it's funny whenever he says on twitter that he has an audition he gets asked if it is for eastenders all the time, he always has to deny it lol.
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I think Lenora Crichlow is a fine actress and would do well in EE
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a long list.

Felicity Montagu would be great, and Julia Davis. Torchwood's Naoko Mori, Teachers' Navin Chowdhry and Hotel Babylon's Emma Pierson as well. Actually, Natalie Mendoza from Hotel Babylon also, and maybe Dexter Fletcher too. From Footballers' Wives, Cristian Solimeno and Chucky Venice would be great as some strong new male characters.

Wouldn't it be great if Helen Fraser was to turn up in the Square as well, Shirley's aunt? :D

No chance Henry Cavill could come back from Hollywood to do a stint in EastEnders too? No? Oh well...

I should stop.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I'd love too see Joan Collins in Eastenders, she would be perfect as the new bitch of the square, and could run the queen vic with her family, it would be epic.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Sheridan Smith, absolutely love her. She could be an old friend of Bianca's or something.
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine Linda Robson and Leslie Ash in Eastenders. I can also imagine Philip Glenister getting his 'Gene Hunt' voice on behind the bar in The Vic. 'Get outta my bloody pub!'. Can't see it happening though. Lorraine Chase could turn up as another Slater, and Robbie Coltrane could be Fat Elvis.
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more than happy with Steve John Shepherd joining the ranks! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a251698/alfie-moons-cousin-to-arrive-in-enders.html

I think fellow This Life cast member Luisa Bradshaw-White would fit in brilliantly too. I think she's a fantastic actor.

In fact any of the This Life cast would be a welcome addition to any soap.
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    I would like Linda Bellingham to be given a role in Coronation Street--She is a superb actress who would be brilliant in Corrie particularly playing an eccentric character.

I would like also to see the actress who plays Morag in Home and awaay --Cornelia Frances move into a british soap.

Cornelia Frances is one of the best actresses on TV, she is actually from Liverpool.
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Barry Sloane (Niall HO)

Ciaran Griffiths but then that would mean losing Mickey from Shameless.