Options

FA Cup Final - Back To Last Game

Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Quite right too :-

"We are delighted to confirm that The FA Cup Final with Budweiser will return to having its own day in the football calendar next year.

The 2013-14 FA Cup Final will take place on Saturday 19th May"

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quite right indeed!!!!!!!
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Good news, it should be on its own day.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might not happen every season though, depending on the scheduling of the CL final.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might not happen every season though, depending on the scheduling of the CL final.

It'll be some while before Wembley hosts it again.

The CL will always be the last game of the season generally, just not domestically
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so it should.

FA Cup Final closes the domestic season.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    As it should be, the Cup final should always be the final game of the domestic season, good to keep to tradition sometimes. I just hope Man.Utd are in the final and win the Cup as it is about, 10 years is too long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised the Champions League final is scheduled for May 24th. In a World Cup year, I would have expected them to schedule it for the 17th, which would have forced the FA to move the cup final to May 3rd.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now they just need to host the semi finals at Old Trafford and St James Park.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Now they just need to host the semi finals at Old Trafford and St James Park.

It will be a long time before that happens. I'm not sure exactly how long the FA have agreed to host the semi finals at Wembley, but I heard it's long term.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be a long time before that happens. I'm not sure exactly how long the FA have agreed to host the semi finals at Wembley, but I heard it's long term.

It'll be until they've paid off that stadium i think that's the reason why they hold the semi's there!
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,056
    Forum Member
    I think that is right - but that isn't a short term process!

Well unless they hike up ticket prices again.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite right too :-

"We are delighted to confirm that The FA Cup Final with Budweiser will return to having its own day in the football calendar next year.

The 2013-14 FA Cup Final will take place on Saturday 19th May"

Great news - should always be the only game of that day!
  • Options
    19741974 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they said what time the kick off will be?.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    And so it should.

FA Cup Final closes the domestic season.

Not any more it does, The Championship Playoff Final is now the last domestic game of the season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1974 wrote: »
    Have they said what time the kick off will be?.
    It is expected the kick-off time for the final will be kept at 5.15pm for a third season running in order to ensure primetime television audiences, instead of reverting to the original 3pm start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2344001/FA-Cup-final-2014-played-Premier-League-season-finishes.html
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid that the words 'with Budweiser' still debase the entire competition. The world's worst beer brewed by the world's most evil company.
  • Options
    19741974 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's a very poor decision. The FA should have been brave enough to either go down the Champions League Final route with a Saturday evening kick off, say 7pm or switched to 3pm on the Sunday. The League Cup Finals that were broadcast live on the BBC until recently were pulling in decent ratings on the Sunday afternoons. 5.15pm on a stand alone day that's been put aside for the FA Cup Final only seems a poor compromise with the tv companies.