Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• SupportSupport Posts: 70,799
    Administrator
    Hi,

A few recent posts (and those quoting them) have been removed as we're unable to allow discussion of ongoing cases.

Thanks
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Hi,

A few recent posts (and those quoting them) have been removed as we're unable to allow discussion of ongoing cases.

Thanks

We are allowed to call ravel morrison a waste of space and talent still though????
  • shubstarshubstar Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Juve: Do you want to leave?
    Vidal: Do you want me to leave?
    Juve: We didn't say that. So do you want to stay?
    Vidal: I didn't say that. Do you want me to stay?
    Juve: If you want to go, we'll let you.
    Vidal: Ifyouwant me to leave, I'll go.
    Juve: So, do you want to go?
    Vidal: Do you want me to go?
    Juve: We asked you first.
    Vidal: I asked you second.
    Juve: They offered us a lot of money
    Vidal: Theyoffered me a lot of money, too.
    Juve: So.
    Vidal: So.
    Juve: What do you think?
    Vidal: I dunno, what do you think?
    Juve: This is going nowhere.
    Vidal: So you don'twant me to go anywhere?
    Juve: We didn't say that

I saw this on Goal.com and I must admit, I did laugh...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't even opened discussion over Vidal.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if it's true or not. I mean it's hard not to be sceptical about it as the pictures prove nothing, but Vidal supposedly turned up to Carrington for medical tests. The Metro also reporting the same story.

https://twitter.com/Agentintheknow1/status/494857901014794240/photo/1

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/31/arturo-vidal-passes-medical-tests-with-manchester-united-ahead-of-transfer-4816232/

Apologies in advance if it's already been posted. Most probably more BS.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if 'Agentintheknow' is reporting it, that'll do for me!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Not uncommon for medicals to be completed first
  • happymonkeyhappymonkey Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's wait shall we! Would be great in fact it'll be fantastic! Btw I know it's all bullish*t..

Would rather give the 7 shirt to Adnan tho as I'm hoping for big things this season from the fella...
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Don't know if it's true or not. I mean it's hard not to be sceptical about it as the pictures prove nothing, but Vidal supposedly turned up to Carrington for medical tests. The Metro also reporting the same story.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/31/arturo-vidal-passes-medical-tests-with-manchester-united-ahead-of-transfer-4816232/

Just in case anyone thinks Agentintheknow1 has any kind of reliability, here's a tweet from the day before Bruno Martins Indi moved to Porto:
    #Confirmed Bruno Martins Indi will be a #MUFC very soon. Player confirms he's leaving Feyenoord. LVG already finalised the deal.
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Following on from discussions the other day about tickets for all non-major home league games going on sale tomorrow - as in Friday - well, they're already released.

I've no idea how long they've been up, but games are selling out fast. And I'm having serious problems linking three tickets together for the Everton game as the system keeps throwing a tantrum. Hope others are having better luck. :)
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody who openly says they are ITK generally isn't ITK lol.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »

There's a picture of him tweeted from today, with two team-mates after they'd finished training.
    And it's not a fuzzy picture of him in a car which could have been taken anytime and anywhere.

These groundless rumours have dragged on too long. Now people just make things up as they go along. I can't see it happening, personally.
    In fact I can't see any transfers happening. It's been nothing but rumours dragging on, with no actual sign anything will actually happen.

Which makes me as nervous at the start of this season as I was last season, which is something I never thought I'd say when we signed Herrera and Shaw, cos I thought they were the start of about 5 players arriving - in midfield and defence.
    Forum Member
    Let's wait shall we! Would be great in fact it'll be fantastic! Btw I know it's all bullish*t..

Would rather give the 7 shirt to Adnan tho as I'm hoping for big things this season from the fella...

It's funny, I've seen loads people put up their team for this season, on various boards, and I don't think anyone has put Adnan in! Not one. It's like he's been forgotten! lol
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Last week van Gaal said he'd assess the squad for three weeks, then sanction transfers, I'm not panicking yet.
    Flukie wrote: »
    It's funny, I've seen loads people put up their team for this season, on various boards, and I don't think anyone has put Adnan in! Not one. It's like he's been forgotten! lol

The Moyes effect, everyone wants to forget last season.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My general rule is the longer it gets dragged out, the more it isn't happening.

Remember when we signed Berbatov? I'm pretty sure first we all knew about that was less than an hour before deadline day expired!
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    Following on from discussions the other day about tickets for all non-major home league games going on sale tomorrow - as in Friday - well, they're already released.

I've no idea how long they've been up, but games are selling out fast. And I'm having serious problems linking three tickets together for the Everton game as the system keeps throwing a tantrum. Hope others are having better luck. :)

I reckon some people will have a heart attack when they get charged immediately.

I'm going to have to hold on and hope I just get the big games at the time, or for any stragglers. After Septembers games, I can't afford to buy any more up front.

Another absolutely stupendous decision
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These groundless rumours have dragged on too long. .

The Vidal rumours were pretty funny today, going round and round in circles. As well as the Metro story (that they took from some obscure sports site, that nabbed it from El Mercurial that posted it 2 days ago ((funny that story never caught on around the world sooner))), there was also the gem on the BBC livefeed that linked an article to Gazzetta Dello Sport that said Utd were closing in on Vidal, only it said in the article, 'according to British press'.

Amazing.
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    I reckon some people will have a heart attack when they get charged immediately.

I'm going to have to hold on and hope I just get the big games at the time, or for any stragglers. After Septembers games, I can't afford to buy any more up front.

Another absolutely stupendous decision

The whole process is ridiculous.

I'm fortunate in that financially I can deal with the advanced purchases, but when the bloody ticket system isn't working it makes me angry. And you won't like me when I'm angry.
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    My general rule is the longer it gets dragged out, the more it isn't happening.

Remember when we signed Berbatov? I'm pretty sure first we all knew about that was less than an hour before deadline day expired!

Agree completely. Vidal will probably join the many players in the past few years who were apparently going to United and never did.

Some people have said RVP's transfer was dragged out, but I don't think it was, was it?

Specially as we had actual FACT (blimey, what's a FACT in a football transfer story! lol) in that one because Arsenal revealed United had put a bid in for him and Fergie publicly admitted this was so!
    What a breath of fresh air compared to the Vidal yawnfest!

Yes, RVP said on July 4, I think it was, that he wasn't renewing his contract and on July 11, Fergie said as Arsenal had come out and announced United wanted him, he admitted this was true.
    And that was literally a month before he signed.
    Which compared to this summer is like a deal being done in a day!
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    I have zero interest in any of the transfer rumours, though obviously I'd like a couple of big ones to happen. Happy to let the club and LVG sort it out when they are ready.

Why? Well, remember the Woodward interview on MUTV the other week? He said he did an analysis 2 or 3 years back of the number of players linked to United during the summer window, it was 250 IIRC. Yep, 250. Three came in so about 1% of them are likely to happen. If it's another three this summer I'll be delighted but guessing who, at a 99% failure rate, is a mug's game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The window is young and full of errors.
    Forum Member
    The window is young and full of errors.

It just worries me we don't sign anyone for another month, so everyoe expects last minute deals on the last day, and there are none.

Going into the season with this squad is both depressing and terrifying!
    Equally so if none of the players are offloaded.
    I never thought I'd see another season start with Anderson, Young, Cleverley and Fletcher in the squad.
    Or with the midfield problems still not sorted out after all these years.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    It just worries me we don't sign anyone for another month, so everyoe expects last minute deals on the last day, and there are none.

Going into the season with this squad is both depressing and terrifying!
    Equally so if none of the players are offloaded.
    I never thought I'd see another season start with Anderson, Young, Cleverley and Fletcher in the squad.
    Or with the midfield problems still not sorted out after all these years.

I know this keeps getting pointed out but (a) players were at the World Cup (b) the manager was at the World Cup (c) he's said he wants to see the team for himself before he makes any signings or else you're signing for signing sake (d) he's said he sees that we need to sign defenders and a midfield.

Its not like he's made some statement of 'I'm fine with what I've got. No signings'.

Chelsea/Liverpool have signed people but they had the luxury of an existing manager who was sat at home all summer and already knew his team.

We've got absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I know this keeps getting pointed out but (a) players were at the World Cup (b) the manager was at the World Cup (c) he's said he wants to see the team for himself before he makes any signings or else you're signing for signing sake (d) he's said he sees that we need to sign defenders and a midfield.

Its not like he's made some statement of 'I'm fine with what I've got. No signings'.

Chelsea/Liverpool have signed people but they had the luxury of an existing manager who was sat at home all summer and already knew his team.

Far too much sense in that post, Jo.

Especially the last line.
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »

Exactly and is best to ignore all the paper bs as they don't have a clue either half the time:D:D
This discussion has been closed.