Options

View a book but not on Wi-Fi

Hi all, my wife downloaded a book to read when we are on hols, it is there ok but only if we are in a Wi-Fi location, can anybody please tell me what to do to make the book go onto the Tablet so she can read it but not on Wi-Fi, we have the Nexus 7, 2nd gen Wi-Fi, many thanks for any help for a silver surfer. Brian.

Comments

• Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    press the 'pin' icon, when you're looking at a list of your books. This will download the full thing so you can keep reading it without a connection.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Hi Paul, you say the "Pin" icon but I do not know where that is, I'm not very techie on these matters so please can you explain it to me, (it's great getting old) many thanks, Brian.
  • Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What app are you using to read the books (ie. What icon so you have to press to bring the books up?). If it is Play Books or Google Play Books, then when you see you library of all books, if there is no obvious pin button then there should be a column of three dots on each book. Press this and the top option should be "Keep on Device" - this is what you need.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Hi pi r squared, many thanks for that, I have now finally got it, there are small pins at the bottom right of the book and 3 dots, as you say when I click on the dots it say's "Keep on Device" it's great that there are people like you that are willing to help people like me that never grew up with these gadgets, once again, many thanks, Brian.