The Mentalist is back. New Series #6. Channel 5 Tuesday 29th October 2013 at 9pm

123457»

Comments

• jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nice finale. Good to see the Lisbon/Jane thing sorted and the end of the redundant Pike.

The new series won't be airing until December/January in the States so that is the earliest we will get it here.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/682871-the-mentalist-season-7-renewal-cbs-show-renewed-projected-episode-1-premiere-date/
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    A nice finale. Good to see the Lisbon/Jane thing sorted and the end of the redundant Pike.

The new series won't be airing until December/January in the States so that is the earliest we will get it here.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/682871-the-mentalist-season-7-renewal-cbs-show-renewed-projected-episode-1-premiere-date/

quite a long wait - we may have forgotten the show by then :p

sounds like CBS is using the show as filler programming

lol the ref to 'Skeletor' in the readers comments :D
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Just watched the season finale. A very good episode - I loved the plane scene with Jane/Lisbon. I kinda wish they'd just leave it there. It was a rather perfect ending and I'm not sure what really needs to be explored in it's 13-episode seventh (and final) season?! :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the season finale. A very good episode - I loved the plane scene with Jane/Lisbon. I kinda wish they'd just leave it there. It was a rather perfect ending and I'm not sure what really needs to be explored in it's 13-episode seventh (and final) season?! :confused:

I thought the plane scene was quite cheesy, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I'm similar to you, in that I don't really where else they can take the series. My suspicion is that they'll return to the Blake Association. There were clues that Lorelei's death was faked. Maybe there's more to her story. Maybe Erica Flynn will give Patrick another call. Either way, it better be good.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last ever and 7th season of The Mentalist begins on Ch5 on Thur 12th Feb at 10pm. 10pm? That's a bit late isn't it?

Looking forward to its return but disappointing to hear they haven't made any effort for the last season as it's a bit by-the-numbers. That's sad if true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    The last ever and 7th season of The Mentalist begins on Ch5 on Thur 12th Feb at 10pm. 10pm? That's a bit late isn't it?

Looking forward to its return but disappointing to hear they haven't made any effort for the last season as it's a bit by-the-numbers. That's sad if true.

Thanks for that, been wondering when it was gonna start up again. I still don't understand why they didn't end it last season, was a perfect imo, but hope these 13 episodes aren't disappointing.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No surprise for C5 though - they're not going to use up a prime time slot for a show in it's final season because they'll realise that people will likely record it rather than actually watch it live.
  • TidleeTidlee Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    disappointing to hear they haven't made any effort for the last season as it's a bit by-the-numbers. That's sad if true.
    I don't think it's true. I think a couple of the early episodes were a little weak, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this season, particularly from episode 5 onwards. I had been concerned about so many new writers, but they seem to have brought some fresh ideas to the table, and I've loved some of their episodes. But I suppose what different people want from the show varies, so they have different expectations and different views on what makes a good episode.
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the clips I have seen on you tube there is a lot about characterisation as much as the plots - but it is being very sensitively handled by the actors - without being too mushy.

Great ensemble cast - will be very sorry if it finished after season 7. I enjoyed the re-boot and think the Abbot character is brilliant.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ch5 trailer for the final season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bR8bwj4oJc

Looks very sombre indeed. Haven't actually seen it on Ch5 yet.
  • TidleeTidlee Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great ensemble cast - will be very sorry if it finished after season 7. I enjoyed the re-boot and think the Abbot character is brilliant.
    Yes, I think Abbot is great, from the moment he walked in I was impressed by the actor, and I love the way they've developed the Abbot/Jane relationship.
    I'm afraid there's no doubt that Season 7 is the end, it's been openly publicised, and apart from anything else, Simon and his family are back home in Australia for the time-being (although visiting France at the moment). He's got some Aussie movie projects that he's working on.