Options

Cancelling Sky Movies?

jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
Forum Member
I don't really get the time to watch many of the films, I added it over Christmas whilst I was off work and it's been there ever since! No point paying for it now as I only use it now and then so I'm getting rid.

However, if I cancel it will it still let me watch any films that I previously recorded and still haven't watched on my Sky+HD box? I recorded the films when I was paying for them, but if I tried to watch them after I cancel, will it tell me that I don't have the right package like it would if I was trying to watch them on Anytime without the movies subscription?

I could transfer them onto my DVD recorder before I cancel to watch later, but I'll be losing the lovely shiny HDness if I do that!

Comments

• Options
    Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your subscription is checked when you try to watch them - not when you record them. So, if you cancel, you won't be able to watch any of the movies that you have recorded unless you resubscribe to Sky Movies.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Cheers

That's a blow! I'll just have to record the films that I actually want to see onto my DVD recorder before cancelling, and will just have to cope with having them downscaled back to standard def.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I cancelled my Sky Movies about 2 or 3 months ago and ever since then around 60% of my Sky Anytime planner has been movies - I am convinced they have done this on purpose to tempt me back.

Anyway it worked last night when I finally caved in and resubscribed again to watch Die Hard 4 because there was absolutely nothing else on any other channels.

Needless to say despite it being a pretty poor film I enjoyed it slightly more because it has just cost me 16 quid, like that bottle of Barolo you have at the end of a cheap night out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cric2k wrote: »
    I cancelled my Sky Movies about 2 or 3 months ago and ever since then around 60% of my Sky Anytime planner has been movies - I am convinced they have done this on purpose to tempt me back.

Anyway it worked last night when I finally caved in and resubscribed again to watch Die Hard 4 because there was absolutely nothing else on any other channels.

Needless to say despite it being a pretty poor film I enjoyed it slightly more because it has just cost me 16 quid, like that bottle of Barolo you have at the end of a cheap night out.

Way back in the mists I used to subscribe to movies just over xmas, I'd record a dozen or so movies on SKY+ on the run up and then once subscribed I could watch them, others I would dump to VHS (yes it was that long ago) and then after the 1 month cancel.
    Around 30 unseen movies for 1 months sub which a the time was probably about £6 extra:)

If you rent or go to the cinema a lot SKY movies is not great value but if you don't then depending upon what your other subscription package is it can be incredibley good value. I've got 5 HD movies on my planner and another 5 in AnytimeHD, the package works for me:)