Chart Invasion

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
Forum Member
✭✭
After the shock news his albums are dominating the top of the iTunes and amazon charts and looks like thriller is the top song - could it finally be a top ten hit?

I'm sad about his passing but looking forward to see the effect it has on the charts in the coming weeks

Hopefully some posthumous honours and records to be broken (fingers crossed for unreleased material)

Comments

• crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has the Top 5 current selling albums on Amazon right now!
  • jarrjarr Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    What the hell are you both on about?

Links please coz I can't see them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont get it??

Why did his music not do this well even 3 months ago if there are so many true fans out there?

*Not including his earlier years before all that "stuff"*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how you can link to iTunes - if you have it just look to the right hand side at their top 100 lists

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/music/ref=sv_m_h__3 think this link will update automatically
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzychick wrote: »
    I dont get it??

Why did his music not do this well even 3 months ago if there are so many true fans out there?

Because people remember they like X song after it being played on the TV etc. Plus all the talk is about him and people like to jump on a bandwagon :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chip_chip wrote: »
    Because people remember they like X song after it being played on the TV etc. Plus all the talk is about him and people like to jump on a bandwagon :D

:D:D

Thanks for explaining. I was getting confused why all these fans comimg out of the woodwork did not have him storming the charts 3 months ago...;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how you can link to iTunes - if you have it just look to the right hand side at their top 100 lists

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/music/ref=sv_m_h__3 think this link will update automatically

People should just listen on Spotify and save some money :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont get it??

People go nuts when someone dies - guess it's becuase when they die you get a full obituary which is essentially a review of their output - and if it gets a good review people want to purchase

I work in a bookshop and it's always the same when someone passes away and people are aurprised when we don't have anything by that author in stock - it is because they weren't selling that well before their death

A death just brings people together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People go nuts when someone dies - guess it's becuase when they die you get a full obituary which is essentially a review of their output - and if it gets a good review people want to purchase

I work in a bookshop and it's always the same when someone passes away and people are aurprised when we don't have anything by that author in stock - it is because they weren't selling that well before their death

A death just brings people together

Gives us all 'sommet' to talk about I guess... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg Amazon's top 10 is basically filled with MJ albums
  • the spiz 2the spiz 2 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polka.dott wrote: »
    Omg Amazon's top 10 is basically filled with MJ albums

Apart from Kasabian who obviously have no respect for MJ as they haven't withdrawn their album yet ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the spiz 2 wrote: »
    Apart from Kasabian who obviously have no respect for MJ as they haven't withdrawn their album yet ;)

:D:D:D:D
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont get it??

Does anybody really need to explain this to you?:rolleyes:
    I'll walk you through it very slowly to make it nice and simple for you. He died, yes? So obviously because he died...err..his music.. um... sounds better...or something....:confused:

You know what, I hold my hands up and admit that I don't have a clue at all either.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody really need to explain this to you?:rolleyes:
    I'll walk you through it very slowly to make it nice and simple for you. He died, yes? So obviously because he died...err..his music.. um... sounds better...or something....:confused:

You know what, I hold my hands up and admit that I don't have a clue at all either.:D

:D:D:D

I am trying to understand. I listened to a few songs earlier and they just sound the same...:confused::confused:

I wonder if his last album that flopped BIG time will be number 1 this time next week. I am sure the True fans won't let him down! ;)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D

I am trying to understand. I listened to a few songs earlier and they just sound the same...:confused::confused:

I wonder if his last album that flopped BIG time will be number 1 this time next week. I am sure the True fans won't let him down! ;)

I'm glad that you got it. Because I assure you that was a risky post to write if you didn't read it to the end.:D

The really strange quirk of fate is that if he was up to his eyeballs in debt before he died, his death is probably going to clear that debt for him now.
    It's a kind of morbid, spooky irony.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get it??

I think its because he had released his albums that many times, that most people will have them and not want to download them again ??