Options

'Shameless' loses another original

Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ian is the latest original character to depart :(

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a217364/original-shameless-cast-member-to-quit.html

Not too bothered to be honest, Ian hasn't been as good the last couple of series and I've hated his pairing with Maxine. He's a tired character, but I suppose it'll be strange without him.

He leaves just three remaining originals on the show - Frank Gallagher, Carl Gallagher and Karen Maguire.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he leaving this series or will his last be series 8? anyone know?
  • Options
    xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I think they should axe the whole show:( it just isnt good anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    It has lost something the early shows had I give you that, but it is still great TV. TV wouldn't be the same without Shameless.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it true that
    Lillian gets shot dead?
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good riddance in all honesty. Ian has been a pretty pointless and lame character in recent times. I wish they had just written him out when he went off travelling after losing his memory.
  • Options
    PastaPasta Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should just spin off Mickey into his own series. He's taking over anyway (which I'm not complaining about).
  • Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I care. The guy is lame.
  • Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really that bothered, I much prefer the Maguires. I have to say I think the show is more centered around Mickey now (and the Maguires) opposed to Frank.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mickey and Shane are much better than either of the two remaing teen Gallagher sons.
  • Options
    boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You thinks that's bad news.

It's happening: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1586680/

I read years a go they were doing a version, never realised it was serious.
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boozer3 wrote: »

:eek: William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher?!?!? That's some majorly bizarre casting. As great as Macy is, I just cannot imagine him in the role.

Emmy Rossum as Fiona is quite surprising too.

It must surely be a cable production, there's no way in hell that one of the major networks would touch this imo, or am I wrong?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It aggravates me that this show is still running, the first 3 series were gold, but when people started leaving they should have stopped the show.

4 original characters left, that is just ridiculous and 2 of the 4 can't even act, they have been there since they were kids.
  • Options
    dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with shamless was after the success of the first couple of series. Channel 4 gave it a long contract. If they hadnt I think it would have been bye bye shameless a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boozer3 wrote: »

They should have at least changed the names. I see they've turned Veronica black for tokenism :rolleyes:

William H Macy as Frank? Really? :eek: Wonder who they'll get to play Lillian? :p
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show has just gotten bad, they've lost all the good characters, 1-2 series was brilliant but from there its just gone down hill and they are kind of just milking now.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    big fan of the show...but the cast list was already threadbare at the start of the series and with Paddy and now Ian gone too it just can't carry on.

great show for the first 3 series, then still a decent show for the remaining years (albeit with more contrived and unrealistic plots) but to carry on further would be a mistake.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    euuurrggghhhhh the show's in serious trouble.
  • Options
    Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy is a bigger loss than Ian I would say.

If Mickey goes then that'll be it, he's the best thing about Shameless.
  • Options
    Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder who they'll get to play Lillian? :p

Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys :D
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian's been pretty pointless for a few series now, and never was the most likable character in the first place.
  • Options
    dan44762000dan44762000 Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian is the latest original character to depart :(

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a217364/original-shameless-cast-member-to-quit.html

Not too bothered to be honest, Ian hasn't been as good the last couple of series and I've hated his pairing with Maxine. He's a tired character, but I suppose it'll be strange without him.

He leaves just three remaining originals on the show - Frank Gallagher, Carl Gallagher and Karen Maguire.

lillian is a orignial aswell is she not ?
  • Options
    wodder18wodder18 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    lillian is a orignial aswell is she not ?

Lillian was not in the first series, she first appeared in the Christmas special.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    They should have at least changed the names. I see they've turned Veronica black for tokenism :rolleyes:

William H Macy as Frank? Really? :eek: Wonder who they'll get to play Lillian? :p

Why change the names?
    Well they've got rid of Norma and Meena, only Chesney to go.
    Oh sorry there's at least one Black guy in the pub every now and again, looks like you have to put up with some tokens for a while yet.

There are some comments on the IMDB page that are just full of crap.
    All in the family and Sanford and Son done good business in the states.
  • Options
    Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What city is the US version set in?
  • Options
    eyeblinkeyeblink Posts: 218
    Forum Member

Liam is an original character too, though he was played by a different child actor in the first two series.