Options

Quite profound from Dee speaking to Kellie in garden

2»

Comments

• Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep that leapt out at me too Bunions and curvybabes. A housemate that listens - first in 14 years??
    Of course, it's just the media training dontcha know *rollseyes*

She had no media training before she was filmed on BS and she was exactly the same AT :)
  • Options
    Bev75Bev75 Posts: 1,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    She was like that on Benefits Street she does seem to be very good at listening to people and giving advice :)

I watched two of the shows and have to agree.
    vanora wrote: »
    It will interesting to see her in action when she forgotten the cameras are there

Having thought the same time will tell but I'm not sure she will, Dee seems to be like a tin of Ronseal, what you see is what you get. Good for her.
    She seems extremely genuine so far. I can't help but like her :blush: Kellie is coming across well too.

Loving Kellie too, she seems so vunerable but so likable too. I hope Kellie finds some confidence in the house, she doesn't seem to have a bad bone in her body.
    Yep that leapt out at me too Bunions and curvybabes. A housemate that listens - first in 14 years??

That's what I have found likeable about Dee in the two episodes I have seen on Benefits Street, she doesn't want to take control, she just wants the best for the person she is with, and that I find a wonderful trait, especially in today's society.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I only saw a few episodes of Benefits Street and now watching here on CBB, from what I can tell White Dee seems to have a kind heart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    I only saw a few episodes of Benefits Street and now watching here on CBB, from what I can tell White Dee seems to have a kind heart.

I wish DS had a like button.
  • Options
    MilhauseMilhause Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bev75 wrote: »
    I wish DS had a like button.

When I read a post/dislike intensely I like I am always looking for the buttons at the side...:D

Too many forums I have been a member over 15 years. :(:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    You don't have any objection to me completely ignoring your patronising old bollocks do you?

LOLOLOL!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milhause wrote: »
    When I read a post/dislike intensely I like I am always looking for the buttons at the side...:D

Too many forums I have been a member over 15 years. :(:D

Clarify, did you dislike mine or like it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it that when people stand out as NICE and good housemates from the word go then people start talking about 'chosen ones' and 'fix' - some people simply come over better than others and become a talking point.

I find all this 'chosen one' rubbish a bit silly - and the talk of sheep offensive.

Would you please explain why Dee should be the 'chosen one'. What is to be gained in favouring her or anyone else come to that?

Calling people 'sheep' evidences a misplaced sense of superiority in the poster and guarantees that, henceforth, that person will not be taken seriously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bev75 wrote: »
    Clarify, did you dislike mine or like it?

Soz...like love :D on second wine (bottle, not glass :blush:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soz...like love :D on second wine (bottle, not glass :blush:)

lol like and omg, you are friggin hardcore haha :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vanora wrote: »
    Don't forget she had coaching from the pr agents, so I'm still waiting to her to become real, but time will tell

That was the real Dee, in benefit street she showed care and compassion towards her fellow scroungers too.:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the real Dee, in benefit street she showed care and compassion towards her fellow scroungers too.:p:D

Maybe she'll pull them out the murk too....;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she'll pull them out the murk too....;-)

That's gone right over my head, please explain.:)
  • Options
    James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Maybe Dee could go into counselling, for what I'm seeing she would be really good, and there's a real lack of good counselling around issues of gender identity. After 10 weeks of having it beaten out of me by Helen, it seems that Dee (and Kellie) may restore my faith in humanity and compassion.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think she sounds just like Rusty Lee?
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »

Sorry but I do not think a kind heart is the right word to use in relation to White Dee.

People seem to forget that she stole £13,000.00 from the local authority whilst working as an Admin. Assistant to pay for her lover's crack habit.

Social Workers had been given envelopes of money to be look after by vulnerable people who were in their care. She was given a suspended jail sentence and community service. It was very well documented at the time Benefit Street was being televised.

All of this seems to have been conveniently swept under the carpet.

If people want to be taken in by this woman then so be it but I for one am not fooled by her at all.

It actually sickens me to see this woman on my television being painted as some sort of Mother Theresa.

She is all what is wrong in this country today I am afraid.

I remember one scene where her daughter was saying she was going to get a job and she was so surprised and shocked that she would even consider working for a living.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's gone right over my head, please explain.:)

Murk as in murky http://www.thefreedictionary.com/murk .....she may inspire others to get out the ghetto.:)
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Glinny wrote: »
    Sorry but I do not think a kind heart is the right word to use in relation to White Dee.

People seem to forget that she stole £13,000.00 from the local authority whilst working as an Admin. Assistant to pay for her lover's crack habit.

Social Workers had been given envelopes of money to be look after by vulnerable people who were in their care. She was given a suspended jail sentence and community service. It was very well documented at the time Benefit Street was being televised.

All of this seems to have been conveniently swept under the carpet.

If people want to be taken in by this woman then so be it but I for one am not fooled by her at all.

It actually sickens me to see this woman on my television being painted as some sort of Mother Theresa.

She is all what is wrong in this country today I am afraid.

I remember one scene where her daughter was saying she was going to get a job and she was so surprised and shocked that she would even consider working for a living.

It's hardly been conveniently sweot under the carpet I've read it countless times on here.

As for 'all that's wrong in the country today' - that really is an incredibly hackneyed phrase isn't it - and rather daft IMO - there are many things wrong in this country and I don't think it's all down to White Dee.

She is a woman who made a mistake which has been made very, very public - it would appear that nobody is going to let it be forgotten.

I'm sure she was punished and humiliated accordingly. She made a mistake - everyone makes mistakes at some point in their lives don't they?
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, I don't care about her past. The scene with Kellie was sweet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Great post. I don't get the hate for Dee, she came across as a caring lady, especially when she helped a neighbour by taking him to hospital with a cancer scare and when he was going to meet his son. I can imagine she would be a loyal friend. Hope I don't end up eating my words (Pauline was my favourite at the start) :D

Yeah I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Dee too, she just can't become like that Jazzy P Mrs Hyde character, cause I will never trust my judgement again.

Yeah the gutter press were well out of order how they treated her, and the programs producers for not even letting them know it was called Benefit Street!
    Reminds me of on Idiot Abroad when Ricky told Karl they have changed it from 'Karl Pilkington's 7 Wonders' to 'Idiot Abroad', and Karl says 'Well you know I would never have agreed to that'. Those sneaky producers know what they are doing to people's reputations.
    Anyway I'd rather live on a street of benefit claimants if it meant encountering people like Dee, compared to say the well off, self-absorbed bunch from Made In Chelsea.