Which of the "no longer competing" Pros do you miss the most?

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
They've come and they've gone... there's no two ways about it: Strictly has had a hell of a lot of professionals. From one series wonders like Hayley Holt and Jared Murillo to much missed mainstays Flavia, Vincent, Ian and Matthew, we've watched (sometimes through our fingers) the teaching and choreography efforts of over 40(!!) professional dancers.

My question to you is- which of the dearly departed professional dancers do you miss most? Who would you like to see make a glittering return in the next series?

Vincent & Flavia will always remain one of my favourite pairings, Vincent because he did "personality pro" so much better than any of the other gents and Flavia because she was an astounding choreographer.

Special mentions to Brian (who we were only beginning to scratch the surface of, I think), Ian (still no idea why he was axed) and Katya (who really deserves one more chance with a "natural")

Comments

• memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a long list for me: Darren, Lilia, Matthew, Ian, Katya, Vincent, Flavia. That doesn't mean I don't like the new pros, but I think those pros still had plenty to offer Strictly - and I would have loved Ian to have won once.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    FLAVIA.... I miss a lot of the old pros but I definitely miss Flavia most of all. :(
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really miss

Darren, Lillia, Matt and Ian from the show - they will always be faves, but like all things - things move on and a change is regrettably needed - I was always of the opinion Matt and Ian left and were not axed - I maybe wrong

on the other side do feel that some have been there too long with Anton being obvioius and feel Brendan is near the end too
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian - I really love him and he was a wonderful pro. I'd still love to see him back, even now.

I liked Matthew a lot as well, and he was part of my fave partnership with Alesha.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aliona.

(Of those who are no longer there in body as well as in spirit I would say Ian for the men and Erin for the women).
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matthew Cutler
    Lilia Kopylova
    Darren Bennett
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because I don't go back far enough in SCD-watching, I'm being really trivial when I say Ian and his troos, because I've only seen the charming lovely man on SCD. My three are:

Anya
    Vincent
    Ian and his troos

Honourable mention for Ärtem because I don't think I'd have ever 'found' SCD if it hadn't been for a nekkid picture of him and Robin concealed only by a hanky-sized bit of chiffon, and then he turned out to be a very watchable growly beast
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lovely Ian :cry:
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katya.

In an ideal world she'll return and she and I will cruise to victory in The People's Strictly. I doubt it will ever happen though!
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss some of the quieter, more understated ones like Flavia, Anya and Matthew Cutler. I think you need their presence to balance things out. Plus I felt they were good teachers and choreographers.

Ian Waite for those ladies with height.

And of course Vincent's charm and tongue-in-cheek humour. Now he was a character (and managed to be sweet and endearing with it).
  • thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Flavia
    Her knowledge of dance was simply outstanding the way she was with Russell was perfection (Tim and Natalie MK1). I was glad that she got a mirror ball trophy but I have my gripes with Louis. She was honest, never bitched, always humble and kept her head down and just got on with it,
    Matthew
    One word ALESHA I normally care about dance averages but in this case I don't because Alesha danced when a 10 was the holy grail, had she competed now she would have got 4 maybe 5 quite possibly 6 and at a push 7 perfect scores Dances Including (Cha Cha TWICE, Tango, Argentine Tango, Freestyle, Viennese Waltz and Waltz) She will always be better than Natalie and that could be because I always favour Matthew's ballroom choreo to Artem's
    Ian
    Similar reason to Flavia regarding knowledge. I NEVER miss Waite's Wednesday Warmup on ITT and his chemistry with Zoe will NEVER die. THAT Tango with Zoe along with St Jill's Jive were the catalyst of my obsession of all things Strictly including the then unknown to me due to dial-up windows 95/98/00/(XP if you were rich) powered internet (those were the days) DWTS franchise as I never knew Strictly was around the world as it was 9 years ago and there was no Wiki articles on it
    Katya
    I feel she never reached her full potential similar to Karen Hauer and Janette Manrara (seriously look at their So You Think You Can Dance dances Karen does a mean Hip Hop and Tango and Janette does a brilliant Argentine Tango and sensational Disco routine (Disco for Strictly competitive dance please) today. Her Argentine Tango with Antonio Banderas proves my point. I loved her attitude and her hats of fierce. She was different (that could be because she was the only brunette female pro) in personality. Why she was never given a contender confuses me. Which is why I am happy that Iveta (look at her "When you're good to Mamma" routine on So You Think You Can Dance) has been given Thom because I was worried she would fall into the Katya trap of being one of the better pros and never given someone where a 10 is a possibility

Did miss Darren but I watch the Lebanese strictly where he is a judge, on YouTube occasionally so don't so much anymore.

I was never keen on Vincent bar Argentine Tango showcases, he was unbearable on ITT covering for Karen on Khoreography Korner but his partnerships with Louisa and Rachel especially the later were a thing of wonder (THAT Argentine Tango, THAT Tango :o MESMERISING)

Sorry for the Essay.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss a lot of them, but the most? Lilia.
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From recent years, I miss Flavia, Ian, Lilia and Katya. From ages ago, In theory I miss some World class Professionals that were only in for 1 season..I say, in theory, as they were only in for such a short time, never to return....Hazel,Hanna and Paul Killick.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    flavia.

and vincent a bit, but mainly cos he goes with her, although he is good for the little short people.

the other person i've never got over is katya.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be the glorious Artem *sob*
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (Doh! Meant to say only seen Ian and his trios on ITT not SCD.)
  • Guapacha2007Guapacha2007 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I miss all of the previous pros that are not in the competition any more, we now have only Brendan, Anton and Ola from the whole first five series! I remember being really pleased in series 5 that they had kept all the series 4 pros, that has never happened again!
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Karen Hardy is my all-time fave pro but obviously I don't really miss her because of Choreography Corner.

Coincidentally my current fave is Karen H too.

On the male side, Vincent was the biggest loss for me.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James and Flavia.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Erin without a shadow of a doubt - by far the most consistent teacher, whatever her celebs talent level. I would be very happy to see Ian Waite back too. I liked Vincent and Flavia a lot as dancers and sometimes as teachers but I thought both were running out of ideas by the time they went. Don't really miss any of the others even though I enjoyed many at the time.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,193
    Forum Member
    Robin and Flavia.
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Vincent and Erin.

EDIT: And Artem!
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew Cutler
    Lilia Kopylova
    Vincent Simone
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vincent, Flavia, Robin, Artem and Lilia. I also liked Anya, it's a shame she is not back this yr.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vincent and Flavia without a doubt ! I shall miss Vincent's mangled English / Vincentisms , and their wonderful dancing and teaching. I'm hoping Ian Waite will be back doing his reports for ITT as I miss him on Strictly as well.