Options

Agyness Deyn - What Does Anyone Think?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea why she has changed her name from Laura Hollins to Agyness Deyn - makes it seem as though she has vast pretensions and isn't the down to earth northern lass we would be expected to believe:rolleyes:

I think she will be the new Moss - she has a certain style and look which will have all the designers wetting themselves over her. She's attractive but not what I would call stunning; an eclectic style - very, very contrived - the DM's, waistcoats and fluorescent T-shirts. I imagine she is very ambitious - nowt wrong with that of course but I have to say giving yourself a name that sounds like you are from the landed gentry when in fact you are a normal girl from Yorkshire is very, very questionable IMHO.
    Deyn isn't a gentry name - it's not even typically English. I reckon she was aiming to sound foreign rather than gentrified. She adapted it from her grandmother's names I think - Agnes & Dean.

Why she couldn't be Agnes rather than Agyness I dunno...
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Boheme wrote: »
    Deyn isn't a gentry name - it's not even typically English. I reckon she was aiming to sound foreign rather than gentrified. She adapted it from her grandmother's names I think - Agnes & Dean.

Why she couldn't be Agnes rather than Agyness I dunno...

Foreign or aristocratic, it's bloody pretentious.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agyness Deyn - never heard of her but I did google her and.......rather plain and rather boring really, I can't see anything special. Mind you I would fire her hairdresser, yuk.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foreign or aristocratic, it's bloody pretentious.
    It certainly is! :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has rather a chunky chin.But I kind of like her boyish funky look.Not too keen on the very white bleached hair.She did a shoot with a temporary black which gave her facial features some better definition. She photographs well, but is probably plain up close and personal. But that I guess is all about being a model, the androgynous look that can be made into anything, is what designers like. Certainly not the best looking nor the most interesting looking model I have seen. There is little personality in her face.Somehow it always seems to have the same expression.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For somebody who is being touted as the next big thing, she is incredibly plain. There's just nothing about her whatsoever.

Awful hair as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minky_Bum wrote: »
    Good grief yes, she's a strange looking thing isn't she. I know loads of people that are in the plus or minus side for Kate Moss (another weird looking model IMO) but I don't know anyone who thinks Cole is a looker.

You wouldn't believe it, or at least you'd have to witness it for yourself but some cosmetics rep was going bonkers for Lily Cole at the Clothes show this month, it was unbelievable ... there are people who think she is really beautiful!:eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    For somebody who is being touted as the next big thing, she is incredibly plain. There's just nothing about her whatsoever.

Awful hair as well.

I know what you mean although the hair did look awight in a couple of pics I've seen ... you don't find many really beautiful models these days it seems or maybe that's just me :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    She's hot so long as she doesn't speak!