The 4th death is a red herring?

Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,465
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If the 4th death is a red herring would you be dissappointed or relieved?

I can't fathom that anyone would now die outside of the big episode. It would be pointless.

If Peter died it would have been more profound and ended with his death.

I have a feeling the 4th is perhaps the car driver they mentioned.

Will you be frustrated that we have spent endless hours debating it or relieved?

Comments

• PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's Rita, it makes sense her death gets an entire double episode to itself.

She's a Corrie icon.
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There better be a lot of her then in the double bill tomorrow or Phil Collinson has a lot to answer for!
  • Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Betty is happy in Monday's episode so it can't possibly be Rita!

The 4th death will be in tonight's double because I noticed Kieran still has blood down the side of his head, but somebody else has to die tonight so maybe him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    There might be no more deaths, the tram driver died too!

But seriously, Im trying to clock if theres anyway that the driver of the car could be a main character?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Tom1990 wrote: »
    There might be no more deaths, the tram driver died too!

But seriously, Im trying to clock if theres anyway that the driver of the car could be a main character?

i thought it said he survived?im sure i either heard or read that
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miracously the tram driver survived.

The fourth death won't be the car driver; he died from his injuries in the gas explosion on the M62; hence the delay in getting to Coronation Street.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Though I'm sure Charlotte won't pull through, technically she is still alive.

So what if she ends up in a coma for weeks. Does that mean there is still another two deaths related to the tram crash?
  • Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter flatlined, didn't he?

He is technically dead.

Maybe they'll revive him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    I'm also of the theory that there won't be a fourth death.....unless Peter dies or is classed as dead because he flatlined. I think he'll be fine but in a wheelchair for a while or something. I was thinking that four funerals doesn't mean four DEATHS, in the sense that fire crews will probably unearth Colin's body so that would be the 4th funeral.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Surely it can't be Colin as he was buried under the factory(wasn't he)and last night that was still standing.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    So what if she ends up in a coma for weeks

I have read that John pulls the plug on her life support so she dies.
    Forum Member
    DieselDiva wrote: »
    I'm also of the theory that there won't be a fourth death.....unless Peter dies or is classed as dead because he flatlined. I think he'll be fine but in a wheelchair for a while or something. I was thinking that four funerals doesn't mean four DEATHS, in the sense that fire crews will probably unearth Colin's body so that would be the 4th funeral.

How will they unearth Colin's body? Colin was buried in the factory just before they poured concrete on top of him!!
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling the 4th is perhaps the car driver they mentioned.

I have watched every minute of Corrie this week so far and I am confused about the"car driver". Where was this car? I don't remember seeing a car under the rubble!
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I have watched every minute of Corrie this week so far and I am confused about the"car driver". Where was this car? I don't remember seeing a car under the rubble!

He was driving past the pub when it exploded
  • D J KixD J Kix Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    The trailer says four funerals and a wedding. Four characters will die in total.
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he said there would be a "mystery death", isnt the fact that we dont know them make it a mystery?

I think its a joke from Phil.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else thought that it might be Ceiran? It seemed strange that they made a point of showing the doctor checking him out and telling him he was fine. Maybe he has an internal injury that he is not aware of yet and dies in a few weeks/days time?
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Miracously the tram driver survived.

The fourth death won't be the car driver; he died from his injuries in the gas explosion on the M62; hence the delay in getting to Coronation Street.

I think they were talking about the car driver who was passing The Joinery as it exploded.
  • junglejuicejunglejuice Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally will kill Kevin :D

I thought tonights ep might be dedicated to Rita - death by chocolate.

I thought they said the car driver was passing the pub/club at the time of the eplosion. So which male hasn't been accounted for?
    Jim McDonald? He's not one to stay in hospital for a few cuts and bruises is he?
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Did he? I thought his car was crushed by the explosion as he was driving past?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am starting to think the 4 funerals was a red herring. We were never told we would see 4 funerals on screen. The 4th funeral could be the mysterious car driver, as he is dead he will be having a funeral, we just won't see it.

I bet the only death tonight will be Charlotte, when somehow John manages to turn off her life support.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The car the fire team were talking about last night WAS in the street.
  • Puppy Dog EyesPuppy Dog Eyes Posts: 12,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter flatlined, didn't he?

He is technically dead.

Maybe they'll revive him.

I'm more inclined to think along the same lines as you. Can't wait until tonight to find out :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I am starting to think the 4 funerals was a red herring. We were never told we would see 4 funerals on screen. The 4th funeral could be the mysterious car driver, as he is dead he will be having a funeral, we just won't see it.

I bet the only death tonight will be Charlotte, when somehow John manages to turn off her life support.

I've heard he does this too - but surely there'd be some sort of alarm that goes off, just in case??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard he does this too - but surely there'd be some sort of alarm that goes off, just in case??

Yep, it would be fairly obvious someone had turned the machine off!